The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Agree about Birmingham, Chester and also Manchester, apart from the city centre being wrecked by the blue scum of course. Nobody gives a toss other than to laugh at it. More than often Rangers are QPR, the bigots being Glasgow Rangers.

3 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

I've lived in London

2 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I can also confirm the same in Birmingham and The Black Country.

And here in Lincolnshire.

No fucker is remotely interested. At all. 

Even the supposed interest in managers south of the border for a recently vacated managerial position is barely registering. 

2 minutes ago, lonewolfie said:

TBF none of us are remotely interested in what's happening in Birmingham, Norfolk, Cheshire or indeed anywhere else in  xenophobeland.

Reading the papers at home (I know, I know) would indicate otherwise wouldn't it? 

The scale of reporting in Scotland of matches south of the border is massively inversely proportional when compared to reports of matches north of the border when located down south. If you can even find a paper that bothers to print any. 

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Likewise in Cheshire and Wrexham, papers down here in general give more space to Non league football than they give to the SPFL.

To be fair I don't think anyone ever thought the papers in Chesire and Wrexham would be having match reports from Annan, Cowdenbeath, Peterhead, Ayr, Forfar, Edinburgh City etc.

Guest Moomintroll
To be fair I don't think anyone ever thought the papers in Chesire and Wrexham would be having match reports from Annan, Cowdenbeath, Peterhead, Ayr, Forfar, Edinburgh City etc.

Meant the nationals, but people in general don't really care. Still have to explain to people what league Killie are in even when they are pretty knowledgeable about football. When Moult went to Motherwell I spent days explaining why it was a significant move upwards.

Meant the nationals, but people in general don't really care. Still have to explain to people what league Killie are in even when they are pretty knowledgeable about football. When Moult went to Motherwell I spent days explaining why it was a significant move upwards.

This of course only proves the people in question are pig ignorant.
The fact so many Scots care about that sort of person's opinions is gravely distressing.

Of course the English are disinterested in our game. Who wants to watch the same 2 teams playing each other over and over again?..... Eh, there are only 2 clubs in Scotland right?

Besides... Swansea/West Ham.... that's where the real entertainment is.

8 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The fact so many Scots care about that sort of person's opinions is gravely distressing.

It's not persons though, it's an entire nation of people.

9 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Why should your average English football supporter be expected to know anything about the Scottish game?

Well

a) moomintroll described them as "pretty knowledgeable about football", which I highly doubt if they don't even have the vaguest idea of their neighbour's league, and

b) I would not expect your average English football supporter to know much about our game necessarily, which makes their hilarious automatic "pub league" shite even less worthy of our interest.

25 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

a) moomintroll described them as "pretty knowledgeable about football", which I highly doubt if they don't even have the vaguest idea of their neighbour's league,

I'm sure there are plenty of Germans who know lots about football but very little about the Danish game, and plenty of Italians who know lots about football but very little about the Slovenian game. We aren't relevant or interesting to your average English supporter and why should we be?

15 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

They can't be that knowledgable if they don't recognise a side that's been in our top tier for over 2 decades. I don't find lower league football in England particularly interesting, but give me a list of teams in the EFL and I could place 95% of them in the correct league.

Edited by lanky_ffc

43 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

b) I would not expect your average English football supporter to know much about our game necessarily, which makes their hilarious automatic "pub league" shite even less worthy of our interest.

But Paddy Power's Facebook page put that 'the floor is lava' video up that one time, so all of Scottish football is automatically shite all the time.

1 hour ago, nsr said:

I'm sure there are plenty of Germans who know lots about football but very little about the Danish game, and plenty of Italians who know lots about football but very little about the Slovenian game. We aren't relevant or interesting to your average English supporter and why should we be?

See point b.

If they know nothing about it they lose the right to comment on it. You seem very worked up about this.