The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Guest Moomintroll

It happened in the 68th minute, it happened after 67 minutes. They are both factually correct, who cares, stop point scoring on either side of the fence & just respect an absolute legend of Scottish Football.

Steven Gerrard: Have Rangers improved under former Liverpool captain? - BBC Sport

Hibernian v Hearts: Pressure on Craig Levein in Edinburgh derby - BBC Sport

Comparing two teams with different expectations grasping at straws with positives and negatives.

Rangers will surpass their Scottish Premiership points tally of 70 from last season with three games to spare if they can beat Aberdeen on Sunday.
The tarts were the first team in the league to eclipse their points total from last season.

If they win the cup, then of course it's a huge achievement to stop the treble treble, to be the first team [other than Celtic] that's won a trophy in three seasons. That is why everything is riding on this cup final for Hearts. If they don't win it, it's far from success. It's been a very, very poor season. If they do win it then huge plaudits to the club.
I'm sure sevco are supposed to be in the tarts position making it a very very good season.

From The Herald today, sorry I can’t find it on line.  

It would have been a great bit of analysis of the potential outcomes of the last day of the season in the Championship relegation battle if they had actually got the fixture right. Falkirk play county and Alloa play Ayr. 06CB5826-1D6F-4EAE-8332-F2CD03BA48D8.thumb.jpeg.fd20ec6a4b2ae2871f3eca6a16059327.jpeg

23 hours ago, Romeo said:
On 28/04/2019 at 10:59, Darren said:
If it happened on 67 minutes, fine. If 67 minutes had elapsed and the goal was scored in the 68th minute then it's just fitting it to a narrative.

Brilliant, why has this got you so angry?

No as angry as this guy...

17 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Why are you being so stupid?

• 2 weeks later...

David Tanner trying to remain relevant, I see.

Both McCann and McIntyre were horrendous managers and rightly binned. Why does he think Dundee fans should have wanted Dodds appointed when, in the past, he would have been happy to see the club go under?

51 minutes ago, nsr said:

"All stakeholders deserve better".

What the hell does that, in this context, even MEAN?

Higher league place = more prize money and bigger dividends payout. 

Lower league place = less prize money and smaller or no dividend payout.

All about the money for stakeholders I guess.

David Tanner was the 'man withe the mic' at Motherwells player of the year do...it was an excruciating listen from the word go, but as the night wore on and David Turnbull won award, after award, Tanners 'patter' and questioning became more and more pathetic.

Edited by ONeils4Oyarder

David Tanner in a journalism thread, terrible one or not. Ooft.
I couldnt find the Tanner Watch thread. Either of those tweets in isolation are bad enough but I just stumbled across his twitter after hearing the Terrace lads laughing at his McIntyre rant and couldnt quite believe someone paid to talk about football could be so ludicrous.... I mean some folk you would say they were courting controversy, but not him. Hes far too stupid for that