Heart of Midlothian v St. Johnstone, 02/08/2015

Tbf, while it'd be good to have him available I think it'll be tight for Oshaniwa to tie up loose ends in Nigeria and get over here and be match fit to play on Sunday. I'd stick with McHattie as we'll be working on shape all week and he's nowhere near as bad as folk make out.

He's not up against Coleman and Mirallas this week either.

He's the weakest link in our team though, absolutely no doubt. We need a new left back, and with a brand new centre half partnership gonna take time to gel/adapt to scottish football, i've more than slight concerns over us defensively.The sooner this nigerian signs the better.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the European debacle we played Real Sociadad and played out adrab 0-0 , QoS in a closed doors game and beat them 5-1 then played Blackpool and lost 0-1

Fitness won't be an issue, whether or not we'll be good enough on Sunday though is a different question!

Same issue as last season so far, void of ideas and creativity in the last third!

Evens stevens on the fitness front then. Otherwise, I can't call it.

McHattie is definitely top of the hate parade this week.

So he had a honking game against Everton after missing out most of last season with an injury.

Looks like he is about to be displaced but he's a more than adequate back-up.

So he had a honking game against Everton after missing out most of last season with an injury.

He's pretty poor and is destined for lower league football. Doesn't know how to position himself on a pitch and shows no signs of sorting that.

He's pretty poor and is destined for lower league football. Doesn't know how to position himself on a pitch and shows no signs of sorting that.

It seems to me that fullbacks, goalkeepers and strikers come on for the biggest stick when they are off the boil. I get it that you don't think that McHattie isn't good enough and understand the reasons why.

It just illustrates to me how big a job the FB position is.

Sure the injury didn't help but he was awful upon his return and that was in the 2nd tier of Scottish fitba. I'd like him to succeed but in the top tier, we can't afford his bad positioning and mistakes. Agree he may be an adequate back-up against some of the Prem teams.

It seems to me that fullbacks, goalkeepers and strikers come on for the biggest stick when they are off the boil. I get it that you don't think that McHattie isn't good enough and understand the reasons why.

I think Anderson will be the scapegoat this season. Not many players are booed in a fucking friendly. :o

I think Anderson will be the scapegoat this season. Not many players are booed in a fucking friendly. :o

Ironic that he was trying not to make a mistake, yet by playing it backwards got heavily booed for it.

For as much as McHattie is not up to it, getting told to 'go through him' from the sidelines is not exactly sterling advice. I wouldn't mind sticking him in Left midfield for a game if we short of wingers and looking to play defensively. I don't think anyone can argue that he isn't bad going forward.

McHattie and Anderson are shite.You need to let it go.

Ironic that he was trying not to make a mistake, yet by playing it backwards got heavily booed for it.

For as much as McHattie is not up to it, getting told to 'go through him' from the sidelines is not exactly sterling advice. I wouldn't mind sticking him in Left midfield for a game if we short of wingers and looking to play defensively. I don't think anyone can argue that he isn't bad going forward.

I actually couldn't believe my eyes on Sunday with Anderson. He had time and space on the ball with a great chance of a counter attack.

You could tell he was scared to lose the ball and looked nervous. No wonder with all the hearts 'supporters' on here, KB etc. Really are the worst supporters in the country sometimes for giving their own players abuse. I include at tynecastle in this as well.

I wasn't there on sunday so hearing that players were booed in a pre season kick about is pitiful. My issue with mchattie is that he's been a first team player for the past 3 full seasons and i genuinely haven't seen enough progression from him.

His attitude is always good and doesn't shirk in any way but he really did struggle when he came into the team last campaign against fairly limited opposition. Granted he was injured for a spell and everyone has a dip in form now again so i'm happy to cut him a degree of slack.

That said, I've watched this lad enough times over the years now to make up my mind about him and i really don't think he's up to the standard i'm afraid.

I'll be delighted if he proves me wrong and has a smashing season however.

I wasn't there on sunday so hearing that players were booed in a pre season kick about is pitiful. My issue with mchattie is that he's been a first team player for the past 3 full seasons and i genuinely haven't seen enough progression from him.

His attitude is always good and doesn't shirk in any way but he really did struggle when he came into the team last campaign against fairly limited opposition. Granted he was injured for a spell and everyone has a dip in form now again so i'm happy to cut him a degree of slack.

That said, I've watched this lad enough times over the years now to make up my mind about him and i really don't think he's up to the standard i'm afraid.

I'll be delighted if he proves me wrong and has a smashing season however.

He was absolutely fine up till Miller fucked his knee. After he came back he struggled a bit.

Oshaniwa is clearly going to be first choice, so McHattie will probably not play much but he's never been as bad as people make out

How anyone can properly judge Anderson is beyond me. He's had what, 5 competitive starts for us? 3 of which was when the league was won and he actually looked ok, sure he got MotM against Alloa.

Not saying he's great and might well turn out to not be good enough, but it's weird writing him off based on pre season games.

How anyone can properly judge Anderson is beyond me. He's had what, 5 competitive starts for us? 3 of which was when the league was won and he actually looked ok, sure he got MotM against Alloa.

Not saying he's great and might well turn out to not be good enough, but it's weird writing him off based on pre season games.

He's been shite when he's played, folk can only judge on what they've seen.

He's been shite when he's played, folk can only judge on what they've seen.

But he's not been.

It was 4 starts he's had not 5 and on his debut he scored and dragged us back into the game. Man of the match against Alloa and solid but unspectacular against Raith and Cowdenbeath. He was hopeless against Livi at home, but it's the only game he's been poor in.

Judge him if you like, but 4 starts, one of where he only played 45 minutes isn't enough to say he's shite and people should let it go.

He's still too early to judge Anderson yet for me, but he's hasn't impressed so far in the appearances he's had. His MotM award for the Alloa game was a joke; he was fine, but there were several better players that day.

From what I understand of his time at Waalwijk (please correct me if I'm wrong), I don't think he's been played in his favoured role. He's looked okay at best in the deeper role Neilson has played him in, but he hasn't been deployed further up the pitch nearer the strikers. Pre-season would obviously been the best time to try him out further forward, but that hasn't happened; and I'd rather not have any experimental line-ups in league games.

He clearly desperately wants to do well for us, to be fair to him. It doesn't help when the copious amounts of cretins in our support boo him in a friendly though.

I haven't given up on Anderson yet - or McHattie, in fact.

Anderson clearly isn't going to be brilliant, but if he can put in a shift, act as a spoiler in our own half, and get on the end of things in the opposition half, then fine.

Last season, I remember him keeping it simple, getting a hold of the ball, and keeping it moving to a Hearts player in space, which is fine.

c***s booing players in friendlies are morons, unable to grasp the simple fact that possession football is the way ahead.

Archived