Heart of Midlothian v St. Johnstone, 02/08/2015

This is a tough game to call. I respect St Johnstone as they have been a good solid team for numerous years. They have seldom been easy opposition for Hearts, even during the years that Romanov was paying silly wages. I expect a very tough and tight match.

A lot will depend on how quickly Ozturk and Augustyn gel as a new pairing in central defence. We can't afford to lose soft goals during tight matches. Our midfield can be superb particularly out wide - Walker and Nicholson on form will create loads of chances. I think Sow could light up the league if he stays fit and we play him through the middle rather than pushing him wide to accommodate Juanma.

I reckon a draw is likely or perhaps a one-goal victory for either team - I can't see a hammering. I imagine both teams will finish top 6 though given the quality of players in both squads. Opening games are always a bit cagey.

Nice post - like it.

Sow is a player, but you never quite know what you're going to get from him.

This Nigerian left-back is going to be cutting it fine to make it for this.

Haven't seen much of a few players in the pre-season games, so probably a few fitness concerns.

No reason why we can't go in with confidence, and we need to be aiming at winning our home games.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearts have won three of the last four at Tynecastle, all were 2-0.

St. Johnstone won the most recent and only meeting there in our relegation season, though. It was also 2-0.

Just realised McHattie might be starting this.

My confidence just rocketed.

Denied.

Barry Anderson ‏@BarryAnderson_ 2 minutes ago

Juwon Oshaniwa collected his passport today and says UK visa has been issued for him to join Hearts. Story on http://www.edinburghnews.com/sport soon

greggy.png

Ive has three weeks to make that post. And i choose to do it the same day hes replaced.

Ive no luck

Ive has three weeks to make that post. And i choose to do it the same day hes replaced.

Ive no luck

Tbf, while it'd be good to have him available I think it'll be tight for Oshaniwa to tie up loose ends in Nigeria and get over here and be match fit to play on Sunday. I'd stick with McHattie as we'll be working on shape all week and he's nowhere near as bad as folk make out.

He's not up against Coleman and Mirallas this week either.

This boy will play on Sunday, you can be assured of that. 8)

If he's good to go then great. Just saying I wouldn't be losing my mess if McHattie is selected, he's good enough to do a job. Oshaniwa will clearly be first choice, but I'd rather make sure he was ready for the whole season than rush him for one game.

This boy will play on Sunday, you can be assured of that. 8)

He'll play and score a screamer. 100%

Was thinking originally that the Saints would be more match-fit for this after their European games but have they played since then?

Maybe after Everton and Arbroath, we'll be the fitter team?

Then again, there's McHattie...

After the European debacle we played Real Sociadad and played out adrab 0-0 , QoS in a closed doors game and beat them 5-1 then played Blackpool and lost 0-1

Fitness won't be an issue, whether or not we'll be good enough on Sunday though is a different question!

Same issue as last season so far, void of ideas and creativity in the last third!

Mentioned it on WAP, or here, not sure tbh, but we'll likely start with O'Halloran up front on his own or with a partner

Archived