Morton v Dumbarton - 25/7/15

IainMorton

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to give Morton fans a bit more hope, here's a wee piece on our record in this round of this cup from our website:

"It's round one of the Petrofac Training Cup - a competition that's never been kind to Dumbarton. Whilst the competition is now in its 25th year, Dumbarton's record is not good. In 24 first round matches, we have lost 21 times. Our last win was in 2011 when we defeated East Stirlingshire 3-2 with last minute Pat Walker winner."

Atrocious :lol:

Anyway, Mark Docherty appears to be the only one out for us and new signing Jamie Lindsay looking like he'll go straight in the team after arriving from Celtic. No mention of Steven Craig's availability which probably means we're still waiting to hear about clearance for him.

Brown

Taggart -- Barr -- Buchanan -- Waters

Gallagher -- Lindsay

Cawley --- Routledge --- Gibson

Fleming

I think that's our probable line up with the only question marks being over our centre midfield. You could have Kirkpatrick or Miller in there instead of Lindsay but the way Stee was talking about Lindsay I expect he'll come straight into the team. Absolutely buzzing for the game if I'm honest.

Routledge has been sitting deep in pre season and breaks up play really well (looks to be a tough tackler, not what I expected from him), I reckon we may see him in there with Kirkpatrick further forward. Have a feeling the new lad will be on the bench. Kirky hasn't played particularly well in pre-season so would be happy with your prediction above.

Rest of the team is spot on I reckon.

Dumbarton have a tough tackler ? We could be in even more trouble. Someone suggested that Tidser could be out for this one too... :bairn

We've a team made up mainly of tough tacklers.

Gallagher, Fleming, Routledge, Miller and by the sounds of it Lindsay all love a tackle.

Routledge has been sitting deep in pre season and breaks up play really well (looks to be a tough tackler, not what I expected from him), I reckon we may see him in there with Kirkpatrick further forward. Have a feeling the new lad will be on the bench. Kirky hasn't played particularly well in pre-season so would be happy with your prediction above.

Rest of the team is spot on I reckon.

Aye, that's all very possible. Although, it's probably more a 4-3-3 we'll be playing when we have the ball, with Routledge dropping in a bit and letting Cawley and Gibson support Fleming. Interesting to see how we'll set up.

We have one central defender available through suspension and our star summer signing from, erm, Stranraer being unable to kick a ball. 5-1 on Dumbarton -1 seems too good not to have a punt on.

So, Tidser has a knock and if he misses out it considerably weakens our attack, while three of our four centre backs are unavailable to our already inadequate defence.

I don't often gamble, but Dumbarton -1 is far too good to miss here.

phree.gif

If Tidser's out we're probably looking at a team like this:

Gaston

Pepper - Kilday - O'Ware - Russell

Barr - McKee - Forbes - McCluskey

Scullion

MacDonald

Other than sub goalkeeper Grant Adam we literally don't have any other first team players available, so the bench will entirely consist of development squad players. This is why waiting until after the season starts to make the majority of your signings is stupid.

May as well just ask here, fearing the answer looking at his impressive scoring record... how was Chris Duggan for you lot? He's playing as a trialist for our reserves tonight... I'm not sure how wise it is having our entire bench for tomorrow playing a game tonight but there you go.

May as well just ask here, fearing the answer looking at his impressive scoring record... how was Chris Duggan for you lot? He's playing as a trialist for our reserves tonight... I'm not sure how wise it is having our entire bench for tomorrow playing a game tonight but there you go.

I really didn't rate the guy at all but some folk thought he was ok. Huffed and puffed but never really showed anything to suggest he was capable of scoring goals. Don't think he even really came close to scoring a single goal with us but we were playing utterly dreadful at the time.

He may have been carrying an injury as we sent him back to Partick early due to injury problems. Scored a fair few in the development league so may just have been unlucky.

7 appearances, 1 shot on target. Seemed to always end up drifting wide leaving us with nobody in the box.

Archived