Sky Bet Football League 2015-16

jagfox

Did you see Brentford vs. Burnley on Sky earlier in the season? That opening 45 minutes was probably the best stuff I've ever seen produced from a Championship team, especially as they were away from home.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see Brentford vs. Burnley on Sky earlier in the season? That opening 45 minutes was probably the best stuff I've ever seen produced from a Championship team, especially as they were away from home.

So what you're saying is, they've gone downhill? :ph34r:

I'm not saying Burnley are poor as only a moron would say such a thing, the table doesn't lie. I just didn't see anything from them that made me think they were better than Boro. I'm perhaps extremely biased I suppose :P

Boro draw 0-0 leaving three teams all on 87 points. Karanka made one of the worst substitutions I've ever seen in 13 years of going to games. Boro had all the momentum and it was wave after wave of attack until he put Stuani on for Downing and moved Adomah to the left. Took all the width out of the team and it swig the game in their favour til right at the end, shocking.

Boro draw 0-0 leaving three teams all on 87 points. Karanka made one of the worst substitutions I've ever seen in 13 years of going to games. Boro had all the momentum and it was wave after wave of attack until he put Stuani on for Downing and moved Adomah to the left. Took all the width out of the team and it swig the game in their favour til right at the end, shocking.

Mental substitution, took all the width out of the game, and it was just a "cut in and cross, attack v defense" contest after that. As much as I love Albi Adomah, he just isn't effective on the left because he won't get to the byline when he plays there so the options are limited and Stuani wants to play through the centre so provides no width at all. Mental.

Rhodes should smash away that one-on-one every time though. Different game if he does as Ipswich offered absolutely nothing. Dimi was as well not being there.

Just in. Disappointing result. When Rhodes' shot came back off the post and into the 'keeper's arms I just knew we weren't scoring today.

Remaining positive, our task hasn't changed. Hopefully Derby do us a favour though.

Mental substitution, took all the width out of the game, and it was just a "cut in and cross, attack v defense" contest after that. As much as I love Albi Adomah, he just isn't effective on the left because he won't get to the byline when he plays there so the options are limited and Stuani wants to play through the centre so provides no width at all. Mental.

Rhodes should smash away that one-on-one every time though. Different game if he does as Ipswich offered absolutely nothing. Dimi was as well not being there.

I was, and still am, quite seething about the substitution. It was a mental decision. We were absolutely dominating them and looked like we would definitely score and it just took everything away from our attack.

Fair point with Rhodes, a good save but he has to score that. Then Nsue goes clean through and takes an age to even hit a shot and it's blocked. Should have definitely won, but as QOS says if we win our last two we're up and hopefully Derby do us a favour.

I was, and still am, quite seething about the substitution. It was a mental decision. We were absolutely dominating them and looked like we would definitely score and it just took everything away from our attack.

Fair point with Rhodes, a good save but he has to score that. Then Nsue goes clean through and takes an age to even hit a shot and it's blocked. Should have definitely won, but as QOS says if we win our last two we're up and hopefully Derby do us a favour.

Rhodes should have strolled that in the first half, I still can't understand how he didn't score.

Milio's was a wee bit more forgivable purely because he did everything right but didn't quite slide it far enough to the right and leave what essentially was a right back with a one on one.

Still struggling to understand the Stewey substitution, so any answers o. A postcard would vs welcome. Win against Birmingham is an absolute necessity!

Rhodes should have strolled that in the first half, I still can't understand how he didn't score.

Milio's was a wee bit more forgivable purely because he did everything right but didn't quite slide it far enough to the right and leave what essentially was a right back with a one on one.

Still struggling to understand the Stewey substitution, so any answers o. A postcard would vs welcome. Win against Birmingham is an absolute necessity!

Absolute ideal is QPR beating Burnley and us and Brighton winning, leaving us to play out a 0-0 on the last day to both go up. I'd pay good money to watch Sean Dyche's face as someone relays to him on the final day that the "market leaders" are passing it about the back four without going past halfway.

Absolute ideal is QPR beating Burnley and us and Brighton winning, leaving us to play out a 0-0 on the last day to both go up. I'd pay good money to watch Sean Dyche's face as someone relays to him on the final day that the "market leaders" are passing it about the back four without going past halfway.

It's a long-shot, as I seriously can't see QPR beating Burnley. But I was discussing this being the scenario on the last day of the season. The odds of a draw would be odds on surely? Or if they weren't it would be a licence to print money.

I wonder how the teams would approach it. Do you think there would be a discussion in the back with the managers to say 'lets keep it friendly'. Because if it was blatantly obvious then both clubs would surely be in a bit of bother? Maybe they could decide on a 2-2 draw to make in more authentic, though they would need to trust each other to let the other team score :lol:

I would much prefer Brighton and ourselves to go up.

Really starting to fear for Boro after that. Just can't help but feel the dropped points v Burnley will cost them automatic promotion. Call it a hunch but I'm struggling to see them beating Birmingham away. Really hope I'm wrong.

Boro don't do losing on a Friday night B)

I've a bit of a (probably ridiculous) theory which makes me kind of glad we're playing Birmingham away and not at The Riverside. Ipswich had nothing to play for on Saturday and I'm sure McCarthy's instructions would have been "lets spoil the party". It resulted in Ipswich sitting it for large parts of the game and us being unable to break them down. Had they had something to play for or needed a win they'd have left more gaps for us to exploit and I'm sure we'd have created far more clearcut chances. As it was, sitting in for a point was always going to be a great result for Ipswich so they're away support would have been content with the way they played.

Birmingham have nothing to play for now either. But the one advantage for us IMO is that it's at their patch. Sitting defensively for a point at home isn't acceptable for many teams' fans. So you have to imagine City will push forward a lot more than Ipswich did, therefore leaving more gaps at the back and giving us ample opportunities to get the job done. If it was at Boro then perhaps they'd have approached the game the same way Ipswich did. They're fans surely won't accept them sitting in for 90 minutes though.

It may well be gibberish (and by no means is it criticising Ipswich) but I hope my theory is correct and we put 2 or 3 past them on Friday!

Actually phoned and got Sports back for tonight's game :lol: I'm working though so have to record it. The phone will be turned off just before kick off so I don't receive 'spoilers'. The missus has been warned to put earplugs in tonight and to leave a pillow in the living-room as I won't be able to contain myself if it's a good night. I just need to hope there are no Brummy or Boro fans on the train tonight :lol: A long shot right enough.

Had a wee look at the stats on BBC. They don't make for good reading with regards to our record at St Andrews. The worst case scenario has to be a point tonight, though 3 is obviously what Karanka has to go for. A win tonight really puts pressure on the other two tomorrow.

To be honest, unless we got hammered or Brighton got a big win against Derby on Monday, the difference between a draw and a loss wouldn't be too much, we'd still go into the last game either way knowing we have to win, it would only be if goal difference was way out of reach that we'd be fucked. Still obviously would love the win as it would mean we would go into the last game almost definitely knowing that a draw is enough, again unless Brighton hammer Derby.

Archived