Sky Bet Football League 2015-16

jagfox

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mon the Brighton.

Booooooo

Pleasing.

Horrible club go up then, they'll be back down in no time hopefully.

Utterly bizarre opinion, Boro are a completely beige team, how anyone could think they are "horrible" is beyond me.

Id laugh like f**k if Boro got deducted points for fans invading the pitch before the final whistle

Agreed. Pitch invasions are for wankers.

Did they actually manage to fill over half their stadium for this game?

Yup. Sure the sea of red seats will be back out in force half way though next season though.

Yeah, happens every week m8's.

Fans of Hearts and fucking Arbroath wanting a crowd w**k :lol:

Haven't read the previous posts yet. Just finished watching (working til 2) Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely buzzing :D :D :D :D Get fucking in there Boro!!!!!!!

Did they actually manage to fill over half their stadium for this game?

Yup. Sure the sea of red seats will be back out in force half way though next season though.

Just means I'll be able to get a ticket and watch them in the EPL. GIRFUY's though :D :D :D

I'm sure Arbroath / Dundee United  / Celtic / whatever other clubs you have sell out their stadia every week.

Has there been any Sean Dyche business speak blue-sky nonsense or is that in the other thread? Looking forward to seeing if Burnley actually try this season or whether they're going to keep playing diddies like George Boyd.

The seethe on here when Boro gain promotion will be rather funny

You nailed it :rolleyes:

Did he give a red just because of the cut there? Thought he was going to give a yellow until ramirez took his sock down

Bugger missed the goal and the sending off.

Never a red for me. The ref is looking at the injury rather than the tackle.

Just rewound it there and he definitely takes the yellow card out his pocket until he seen the cut

Dean clearly went for the yellow to begin with, but having seen the hole in Gaston's leg, changed his mind and produced the correct card. Surely that's good officiating? Why shouldn't Gaston have showed the damage? It's not as if he drilled it himself to exaggerate the damage ;) All Gaston's actions achieved was showing the referee that Stephens' challenge was out of control, reckless and dangerous. A red card all day long.

Personally I thought the rule was if the player came back onside after being offside then the ruling was he was then onside. That's exactly what Stuani did. And anyone grudging Boro that goal can go f**k themselves! Did they watch the game 8 days ago?! :lol:

Absolutely delighted for Middlesbrough and their fans. I had a horrible nagging doubt this morning Brighton would sneak it by a goal, and that feeling grew stronger during the second half.

Off the phone to my Boro supporting mate there, he's absolutely flying and understandably so. I'm really looking forward to taking in a couple of games in the Premier League next year, which I'm yet to experience.

Because you should judge it on the actual tackle not the damage it caused.

Even then you surely can't think thats a safe challenge? Ramirez is in control of the ball, and Stephens comes in studs showing at a reckless height with excessive force. Its as close to a stonewall red card as you'll get

Even then you surely can't think thats a safe challenge? Ramirez is in control of the ball, and Stephens comes in studs showing at a reckless height with excessive force. Its as close to a stonewall red card as you'll get

It wasn't that high. He got his foot on the ball long before Ramirez got near it, Ramirez leg actually lifts up and makes contact with the bottom of his boot. Never meant and never a red.

post-14721-14626538616123_thumb.jpg

Booking, which it would've been until everyone saw the injury.

Eta: you can't be suggesting Ramirez was in control of that by the way

It wasn't that high. He got his foot on the ball long before Ramirez got near it, Ramirez leg actually lifts up and makes contact with the bottom of his boot. Never meant and never a red.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1462653856.661327.jpg

Exactly. There was momentum from ramirez going up which made it look worse than it is.

When the ball is in the air it is still there to be won. The fact that he caught him on the way down shows that his studs weren't showing as such. Clear booking

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1462653856.661327.jpg

But that's like saying "it doesn't matter if you break someone's leg, so long as you make contact with the ball first". Those days are long gone. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Stephens went in to hurt Ramirez and I agree he made contact with the ball. The way in which he won the ball was quick clearly dangerous and unless he actually did mean to do that to Gaston then his challenge was reckless. The damage to his leg shows that it was obviously dangerous as well. Put those two together and a red card is fully deserved.

But that's like saying "it doesn't matter if you break someone's leg, so long as you make contact with the ball first".

A broken leg doesn't always mean a red card though does it. A ref doesn't wait for the diagnosis from the physio before making his decision, he goes by intent.

A broken leg doesn't always mean a red card though does it. A ref doesn't wait for the diagnosis from the physio before making his decision, he goes by intent.

If a player breaks their leg from a challenge the challenge is surely reckless though?

But that's like saying "it doesn't matter if you break someone's leg, so long as you make contact with the ball first". Those days are long gone. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Stephens went in to hurt Ramirez and I agree he made contact with the ball. The way in which he won the ball was quick clearly dangerous and unless he actually did mean to do that to Gaston then his challenge was out of control. The damage to his leg shows that it was obviously dangerous as well. Put those two together and a red card is fully deserved.

No it is not. The damage means f**k all. You could go into any innocuous challenge and end up causing a severe injury. It wasn't a dangerous way to win the ball, the ball was free, in the air and there to be won. They both went for it, obviously the way they approached the ball meant they had to go in for it in a different way.

These things happen all the time in football. Looked way worse than it was after being slowed down and the injury was shown. Not a red IMO.

Booking, Mike Dean was 5 yards away and thought exactly the same until Ramirez took his sock off.

If Ramirez is wearing proper shinpads he wouldn't have felt a thing. That should be a rule.

Archived