Roulette Update

HEY_SIDNEY

As most of the usual posters on here know my roulette playing got a little mental at points throughout my time on this forum. Hefty enough swings in both directions.

To anyone interested, I'm 43 days off a spin in roulette. In this time I have had no coupons on or any bets.

Perhaps a different story when the season starts, but how much easier life is without the worry of roulette is unreal. Long may it continue.

Cheers

I hardly post on here but read the gambling forum quite often. Just thought id post to say well done for going 43 days without pumping money into these machines. Quickest way to the poor house mate. Coupons and bets are bad enough but the machines are poison

To anyone interested, I'm 43 days off a spin in roulette. In this time I have had no coupons on or any bets.

Sid, I don't know your back story but had you a wee gambling issue and are dealing with it? If so, then well in and 43 days is an accomplishment.

Keep us posted? My issues are smoking and bevvy but I'l check this thread regularly and hope you're keeping well.

As most of the usual posters on here know my roulette playing got a little mental at points throughout my time on this forum. Hefty enough swings in both directions.

Perhaps a different story when the season starts, but how much easier life is without the worry of roulette is unreal. Long may it continue.

Cheers

Good on you. Keep it up. You should consider GA if you haven't already.

Cheers

Well done mate, I don't know you but it was very clear you had a problem so 43 days is great, keep it up!

Well done mate. Are you seeing the noticeable financial benefits?

Unreal. Where I once would have worried about going to my friends two weddings a day apart from each other n where would I get the money for presents n the full day money needed, my only worry was what two suits could I buy for each of them haha.

A quick background on what I think triggered the stop...

I was in magaluf at start of June for one of the above grooms stag do's n we got talkin in the pool n he said to me about the whole putting it together to go there for the stag do etc.

I had put on the group chat 1week before we had to go that I still didn't have a passport (I had an appointment for emergency one the day before we left)

So in the pool that day he said to me "Sid see the whole passport thing, I thought it was a cover cos you had gambled all your spending money to come"

Light on!!!! One of my best friends thought I would miss his stag by gambling my money and using an excuse not to go.

Perhaps he would have been right tbf, but it just hit me like a tonne a bricks. Since I got back I haven't placed a bet on a machine. 10th June was my first day no gamble.

Cheers

Very similar to this, don't know how many days I've not touched one of they machines for, but it's a fair amount. (probably before the season finished)

They are irritatingly addictive, not just roulette, but the likes of blackjack and Deal or No Deal slots. It helps a lot not going into the bookie shops and if I do venture in, it is usually with a mate or 2 (we are all mostly the same when it comes to this) and we actually give each other our wallets after taking enough out to put our lines on. It sounds like a really petty thing to do, but I've seen us go in and lose well into triple figures on the machines within half an hour, just not worth it. Do most of my coupons online now and only use the one account and have a deposit limit on it which is good, means I will only use it for the coupons and not fire it onto the online slots, which are always worse for pay-outs than the in store ones!

Good to see you've managed to stop firing into them anyway!

Nice one Sid. I've been about 18 months without a spin, lapsed a few times since quitting at the end of 2011 but never bet (or lost) to the extent I used to.

Nice one Sid. I've been about 18 months without a spin, lapsed a few times since quitting at the end of 2011 but never bet (or lost) to the extent I used to.

I'm almost identical to that Adam. Self banned from 6 of my nearest which did the trick last Easter.

I've got a strategy that means you will ALWAYS make a profit from roulette. I'm not willing to share it on an open forum but PM if you want it

Aye good way to help someone trying to stop gambling.

Well in Sid keep it up.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a go on mobile roulette for first time the other day just to try and maintain my account as I've heard the odd bit of mug punting helps longer ivory. Sadly I am a mug punter at heart and managed to c**t away 500 ish in about ten minutes. Still had more than that in but had sense to cut losses after a horrendous run that escalated extremely quickly. First blip

Like that for many a year. I wish I could bottle that feeling of misery from

Losing just to have a wee taste in case I ever do anything stupid like that in future. Hideous stuff.

Archived