World Famous Dundee United v Aberdeen, 2 Aug 2015

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3513 including about 200 Brighton fans.

Also including 1000 tickets dished out free.

So around 2,300 Dons fans made the effort.

Still 2,300 too much like. :wacko:

As for this game, McInnes said he plans to freshen the starting XI up a bit.

Given the options, not so much in defence, but over the rest of the pitch, I'm not going to even attempt a guess at the line-up.

Will settle for a tight 2-1 victory.

Would imagine any team he does put out should be capable of that.

Simon Murray to start on the bench in guessing

He'll be lucky to make the bench.

I'm guessing...

Bilate

Spittal Telfer Erskine

Rankin Souttar

Dixon Durnan Donaldson McGowan

Zwick

Subs: McCallum,Dillon, Sneijder, Fraser, Connolly, Muirhead, Bodul

He'll be lucky to make the bench.

I'm guessing...

Bilate

Spittal Telfer Erskine

Rankin Souttar

Dixon Durnan Donaldson McGowan

Zwick

Subs: McCallum,Dillon, Sneijder, Fraser, Connolly, Muirhead, Bodul

Id be slightly surprised if McCallum makes the bench as we are trying our level best to get him and Anier out the door before the window shuts

Id be slightly surprised if McCallum makes the bench as we are trying our level best to get him and Anier out the door before the window shuts

I thought he showed a lot of potential at Gayfield last season. I'm a big fan

Agree with the above but think MacLean might start

I think going by what McInnes has been saying, McLean is a certain starter on Thursday.

I can also see him coming on for half an hour today to make a similar impact to midweek. Don't think he'll start him both games.

Hope Cammy Smith starts. I like him as a player. Today's the type of situation when he could be very useful.

Looking forward to the double header on the tele for the first time in ages. Looking forward to this game especially, be interesting to see how United set up. Had a hard pre season with a lot of different line ups so been hard to judge. Hope to see Murray get a chance but not sure he will.

I havent seen enough of him to make a judgement however the word coming from Tannadice is that we are looking to ship him out

So it will be Zwick and Szromnik as the first team keepers? A bit surprised by that mainly down to the fact that McNamara was making noises last year about him being the long term choice at United in a couple of seasons.

Ward

Logan Taylor Considine Shinnie

Jack Robson

Flood Smith Pawlett

Rooney

Aye we'll be fine enough with that.

Flood on the right wing/right attacking mid!? Would rather have Robson up there, despite him being fairly static he could cut in and put a good ball into the box.

Agree with Smith though, exactly the type of game he should be starting. Put a pound on 2-1 Aberdeen and Smith to score at 80/1.

Really looking forward to this one. The summer has been so dreary with the seemingly constant negativity surrounding the club and it's a relief to finally be so close to kick off for our season. I haven't been to any of the pre-season friendlies this year unfortunately but I have high hopes for Spittal and Telfer and hope to see them starting today along with Souttar in midfield. In fact I'd be pretty happy to see us line up as ArabFC suggested a few posts back.

Really looking forward to this one. The summer has been so dreary with the seemingly constant negativity surrounding the club and it's a relief to finally be so close to kick off for our season. I haven't been to any of the pre-season friendlies this year unfortunately but I have high hopes for Spittal and Telfer and hope to see them starting today along with Souttar in midfield. In fact I'd be pretty happy to see us line up as ArabFC suggested a few posts back.

Welcome back kev, haven't seen you around much recently. Soapy<->Telfer could be the real deal combo this season going from back to front.

Archived