Celtic v Ross County 1st Aug

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B6wY7og.jpg

Here's what came up when I Googled "Radec. Twitter"......

radec.png

:lol::lol:

I don't know what's worse, the fact you are idiotic enough to believe everything you read on the internet or the fact some sad act of a the rangers fan has went to the trouble of posting this for people to have a pop at Celtic fans.

Went to this today with a friend as he had a spare ticket. No doubt that Celtic deserved the win over the piece but I thought County made a decent game of it. When Celtic scored after 3 minutes and County created nothing for 10-15 mins after that, I thought it could end up a boring one sided 3 or 4-0 (from a neutrals perspective obviously). However, after 15-20 mins, County started to keep the ball better and find some space going forward. Would have equalised but for Gordon's foul. How that wasn't a sending off I'll never know. Sure, he played the ball wide of Gordon, but he hadn't played it too far ahead of himself and would have reached it well off the goal line and would surely have rolled the ball into the net. No way the Celtic defenders were getting there.

Not sure how many corners Celtic had in the second half (10-12). Also a few chances from open play. However, I thought Celtic often tried to overplay the ball and thought on a number of occasions that someone had to shoot much earlier, especially given the wet and windy conditions (1st August ffs !!).

I though County were excellent at times in the second half. Frequently broke very quickly and got themselves into a number of excellent positions. 2 or 3 very good saves from Gordon denied what I thought would have been a deserved goal. Celtic didn't help themselves by giving away possession very cheaply at times.

As I said, Celtic deserved the win but County look like a team who should pick up enough points early in the season to avoid a repeat of last seasons relegation scrap.

^ ^ ^ Paragraphs please

Thought Gordon should've been sent off. I'm down the other end but the Griffiths pen was a stonewaller having seen it again and surprised no card shown for that. County shouts looked doubtful but, again, difficult to tell from down the other end.

Boyata was worrying but Tierney and Janko both looked good.

I was sitting at the other end and thought he probably should have walked, not seen it on TV but reading on here it would appear the case

It's no papal/Celtic/Lawell/SFA conspiracy though, just a plain bad decision by the referee, same as the Meekings handball at Hampden was a terrible error by the referee that day that cost us, no agenda against us. We got a bad break that day and a fortunate one today from the whistler, it happens sometimes

Getting the player wrong is a good start. There was never three players between him and the goal either, here's where contact was made:bu0ryHC.jpg

If Irvine gets on to that, there's at best, Van Dijk between him and the goal.

Should Ross County be seeking CLARIFICATION, of collum's interpretation of the rules, just saying, as I'm sure some other club set a precedent and pulled that trick before...

Archived