Celtic v Ross County 1st Aug

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ref bottled it in my opinion. I'd like to know how he reasoned that it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Curran running away from goal & three other defenders between him and the goal suggest it isn't.

Yellow card was the correct decision.

I actually think we look not too bad, a little early-season slack at times, but once we iron out those creases the team look fairly comfortable on the ball. And considering we've left 3 of our best attacking options on the bench I'm feeling quite good about this season still.

Admittedly, Celtic are 'flexing their muscles' as Andy Walker put it, but your defending has been amateurish at best.

Curran running away from goal & three other defenders between him and the goal suggest it isn't.

Yellow card was the correct decision.

Getting the player wrong is a good start. There was never three players between him and the goal either, here's where contact was made:

bu0ryHC.jpg

If Irvine gets on to that, there's at best, Van Dijk between him and the goal.

Getting the player wrong is a good start. There was never three players between him and the goal either, here's where contact was made:bu0ryHC.jpg

A Bush TV...ya cheap b*****d.

A Bush TV...ya cheap b*****d.

I have a bush tv, its far better than the Sony bravia it replaced. The colours are amazing.

It was meant to be a stop gap but I'm quite fond of it

Getting the player wrong is a good start. There was never three players between him and the goal either, here's where contact was made:

bu0ryHC.jpg

Running away from goal, the time it would take him to control it and bring it back to a goalscoring position, the other two would've been back.

bu0ryHC.jpg

Thought it looked a red at time tbh, seeing that, :lol: definitely a red. It'll even itself out over the season though ;):lol:

Good performance so far, Tierney looks good at LB

Running away from goal, the time it would take him to control it and bring it back to a goalscoring position, the other two would've been back.

Can't agree with that. The ball was heading away from goal, granted, but not at any real pace. If he's not fouled he collects it a few yards inside the box and can slide it in to the net or even take a touch or two before the other two defenders get near him. Even with Van Dijk there it's still denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

He doesn't need to control it, it's not bouncing about. He is running on to it with an empty goal and 1 defender near by. He takes a touch inside on to his right foot and maybe be confronted by a defender or he slots it in to a empty net with his left foot. Ok he might have missed but that is clearly a goal scoring opportunity, I don't see how anyone can argue with that.

Archived