andriod boxes / Kodi

Decided against the Android box option as I haven't found anybody who has managed to get Virgin TV Anywhere working on it.

Went for a small form mini PC. Will be able to run TV Anywhere via the website (I'll install Firefox rather than using IE) as well as installing Kodi. I can also use it to replace my stand alone DVD so I'll have a single media box for online, downloaded and physical content.

Decided against the Android box option as I haven't found anybody who has managed to get Virgin TV Anywhere working on it.

Went for a small form mini PC. Will be able to run TV Anywhere via the website (I'll install Firefox rather than using IE) as well as installing Kodi. I can also use it to replace my stand alone DVD so I'll have a single media box for online, downloaded and physical content.

If you have a lot of downloaded/digital content, I'd recommend installing Plex too. In my opinion it has a much nicer interface than Kodi, plus it acts as a content delivery platform, so you can watch content on different devices by using their app

ETA - thats the setup I had up until a few weeks ago when I bought the android box. I did that partly because I didnt think the PC had enough power to run Kodi very well and partly because its an awful lot easier to start Kodi up from the android device. 

Edited by Mr X

NJM and Pheonix both buffering really bad for Liverpool game, anyone getting a decent stream?

No. Found a watchable one on navi-x but it was like watching on ITV :/

Took 10 minutes to find that one too. This is why I don't get how people can get rid of sky and rely on Kodi.

No. Found a watchable one on navi-x but it was like watching on ITV :/

Took 10 minutes to find that one too. This is why I don't get how people can get rid of sky and rely on Kodi.

Robocop had a great 1080 HD stream on Navi-X(Chinese commentary).

Edited by muirkirk nil

Got my windows box yesterday.

VM TV Anywhere is working.

Netflix is working.

Iplayer us working.

Dvd playing well via VLC or Kodi.

But Kodi is being a pain in the nads. (Although I do like how my phone now autocorrects nads to Nade).

I ran the installer via tv addons. Unfortunately sports devil refuses to find streams and ice films doesn't let me access any content.

What are the most reliable add ons right now for sports and tv shows?

Edited by BallochSonsFan

Netflix is working.

Iplayer us working.

But Kodi is being a pain in the nads. (Although I do like how my phone now autocorrects nads to Nade).

I ran the installer via tv addons. Unfortunately sports devil refuses to find streams and ice films doesn't let me access any content.

muirkirk nil posted a few a page or so back. Add Exodus for tv shows too

Netflix is working.

Iplayer us working.

Films and Sport Phoenix

https://seo-michael....oenix-for-xbmc/

Films/TV

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-exodus-for-kodi/

Sport

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-njm-soccer-kodi-xbmc/

Sports/Tv/Fims

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-uk-turks-playlists-kodi-xbmc/

Edited by muirkirk nil

NJM and Pheonix both buffering really bad for Liverpool game, anyone getting a decent stream?

I had the Liverpool game perfectly on phoenix? I went into the live TV but and used the BT sport Europe stream.

For me its because i am saving money. No other reason and i expect the majority think the same. Why they moan about it however is a bit weird

Well, yes I get that and I guess Im doing the same by not paying for BT Europe. But then I was never going to pay for that and Im not that bothered about European football. I started to watch the Liverpool game last night (and I watched the second leg of their game v Man Utd and bits of a couple of Barca games) but I didnt watch it all and wasnt that bothered about it.

The faff I went through last night to get a stream wasnt a big issue because I dont do it very often. I couldnt go through that every time I wanted to watch a game of football, even if it did save me a fair amount of money!

Does anyone have an app which serves as a remote control for their box? Basically I'm looking for something to replace the temperamental keyboard and remote which came with the box. Something which will do a reverse casting and allow me to move the cursor via my phone and use my phone's keyboard etc. Any ideas?