andriod boxes / Kodi

Tempted by an android box.

Has anybody got Virgin TV Anywhere running via their box? I'd be installing showbox and kodi on it, but I'd like to be able to run some standard apps like Netflix, iplayer and Virgin though it as well.

TV anywhere doesn't like rooted devices. Was going to go for the box Maplin sell.

Try unpluging it for a min...worked for me

Or..

http://koditips.com/kodi-exodus-not-working-click-here-for-info/

Switching it off didnt work.

Cheers for the link, but its well out of date

ETA - or it might not be! Cant work out which version of URLResolver I have  :unsure2:

ETETA - I fixed it :) The URLResolver was the latest version (3), so that link was a little out of date. I went into the update options of URLResolver, where there were 2 different options for version 3 - the exodus one and another. The exodus one was selected, so I picked the other one.

Tempted by an android box.

Has anybody got Virgin TV Anywhere running via their box? I'd be installing showbox and kodi on it, but I'd like to be able to run some standard apps like Netflix, iplayer and Virgin though it as well.

TV anywhere doesn't like rooted devices. Was going to go for the box Maplin sell.

Might be a stupid question but why would you want Virgin TV Anywhere? 

Edited by Mr X

Switching it off didnt work.

Cheers for the link, but its well out of date

Might be a stupid question but why would you want Virgin TV Anywhere? 

Why not?

If I can get a game via BT Sports or Premier then it should be a decent stream. Same for TV channels.

Kodi or Showbox are great for live sports, movies and for American TV shows. It would just be handy to be able to stream my Virgin TV to my room rather than getting a 2nd box installed.

Why not?

If I can get a game via BT Sports or Premier then it should be a decent stream. Same for TV channels.

Kodi or Showbox are great for live sports, movies and for American TV shows. It would just be handy to be able to stream my Virgin TV to my room rather than getting a 2nd box installed.

Didnt realise you were going to use it in a bedroom

Theres a new addon in the Robocop repo called Bulldog Streams.

It has all the BT HD Channels(BT 1 playing up a bit).

Sky Sports 1 in 1080 HD.Also Premier League Pass section.

This is a work in progress so dont expect  too much too soon.

Http://repo.shit.football

Edited by muirkirk nil

Right, I got one last night and I can't believe I've been missing out on this, superb. I HAVE been reading this thread but it's all getting a bit much for me, atm I'm just using 'Exodus' for TV but I have a few questions.

What is best for live Football and Movies, old and new? And how do I install 'apps' or whatever like Exodus in order to watch these live football games and movies?

Exodus seems to cover all my television needs perfectly.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Right, I got one last night and I can't believe I've been missing out on this, superb. I HAVE been reading this thread but it's all getting a bit much for me, atm I'm just using 'Exodus' for TV but I have a few questions.

What is best for live Football and Movies, old and new? And how do I install 'apps' or whatever like Exodus in order to watch these live football games and movies?

I am also new to this whole kodi thing , and have been using this website - https://seo-michael.co.uk/ , which is straight forward and has step by step instructions. Its regularly updated with new add ons and news on which ones are dead. 

I installed Ares wizard and Add-on installer (via mettle kettle) which makes installing add-ons much easier and less time consuming,it means you just need to select and click ok. 

I've only had kodi a couple of weeks , and already the two add-ons that I was using for football have died. While I agree kodi is great , its also totally unreliable and frustrating. 

Pheonix is worth getting and Operation Robocop is good for the football, if its still going.

As mungo said, you can try a wizard like Ares or Add-on installer to install add ons. I gave up on Ares as nothing installed properly but havent tried the other. The other way to install them is to just google the instructions.

I am also new to this whole kodi thing , and have been using this website - https://seo-michael.co.uk/ , which is straight forward and has step by step instructions. Its regularly updated with new add ons and news on which ones are dead. 

I installed Ares wizard and Add-on installer (via mettle kettle) which makes installing add-ons much easier and less time consuming,it means you just need to select and click ok. 

I've only had kodi a couple of weeks , and already the two add-ons that I was using for football have died. While I agree kodi is great , its also totally unreliable and frustrating. 

This. Its great to have but I dont understand how people can give up Sky/Virgin and rely on this

I haven't had sky since January. All viewing solely through these means and has worked for anythingi've wanted to watch, live or otherwise. Although I just got a text off the mrs saying Kodi has seemed to of updated itself and nothing on it is working so I will need to check it out when I get home.

Pheonix is worth getting and Operation Robocop is good for the football, if its still going.

As mungo said, you can try a wizard like Ares or Add-on installer to install add ons. I gave up on Ares as nothing installed properly but havent tried the other. The other way to install them is to just google the instructions.

This. Its great to have but I dont understand how people can give up Sky/Virgin and rely on this

I'll vouch for add on installer, I got it when creating my own build to save some time and works great.

Football addons

NJM SOCCER

Films and soccer Phoenix

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-phoenix-for-xbmc/

For BTchannels and Sky Sports 1

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-operation-robocop-video-add-on-kodi/

Im interested in the idea of creating my own build. Is it easy enough to do?

I found it easy enough to do, I followed a step by step guide to keep myself right. Give me five minutes and ill dig the guide I followed out.

Edit: http://kodicommunity.com/create-your-own-build-on-kodi-part-1/

A very easy guide too follow and i'd recommend it to anyone.

Edited by Wilkinson1998

Depends on how often and what you used your cable for, my missus watches her shite shows all the time, meaning i ditched sky sports etc a year ago, since exodus came out i dropped my virgin package to half the cost and she still watches shite on tv only through exodus now, so while i still watch shite with her, it save me money lol

My sky package is the bare minimum and kodi does the rest tbh. Live sports was the reason I got kodi so I could ditch sky and bt sports. I never had the movie channels anyway so kodi just saves looking online to find a movie and you can get plenty boxsets saving paying for the likes of AMC for American programmes so it does help as a money saver.

I gave up the majority of my Virgin media for Kodi, simply because I was spending a fortune and I don't actually sit and watch TV that much. It was much better to spend £50 on a box and have stuff on demand whenever I fancied it.