andriod boxes / Kodi

Just got a new fire tv box (as opposed to the stick which I had previous) and installed kodi. Ended up with the new version (17 I think) and can't get my sportsmania working. I have got the repo installed successfully and got as far as getting to the bit where I have to install sportsmania from zip but when I click install nothing happens and it still says I have no video add ons. Any idea whats going on here?

1 hour ago, EH75 said:

Just got a new fire tv box (as opposed to the stick which I had previous) and installed kodi. Ended up with the new version (17 I think) and can't get my sportsmania working. I have got the repo installed successfully and got as far as getting to the bit where I have to install sportsmania from zip but when I click install nothing happens and it still says I have no video add ons. Any idea whats going on here?

People seem to be having trouble getting certain add ons to work on 17. I'd uninstall it and install 16. Try here

Anyone else get a slight judder every two seconds when watching HD games ?

I'm using Sportsmania and I watched the Barca game today. No matter what fixes I tried there was a judder/glitch every two seconds.

I don't know if it's the Q-Box I've got or the stream itself. Never really noticed it happening before.

Anyone ?

12 hours ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Anyone else get a slight judder every two seconds when watching HD games ?

I'm using Sportsmania and I watched the Barca game today. No matter what fixes I tried there was a judder/glitch every two seconds.

I don't know if it's the Q-Box I've got or the stream itself. Never really noticed it happening before.

Anyone ?

If your box is set to 4k reduce it in settings to 1080 or 720. That'll reduce the buffering. 

If your box is set to 4k reduce it in settings to 1080 or 720. That'll reduce the buffering. 

That's one of the fixes I tried, when I went down to 720 the judder seemed less frequent but was still there. If it is buffering I don't think it's a bandwidth one, it seems more like a hard/sofware one.

I'll try a game today to see what it's like.

Edit:

Watching the St. Johnstone game, no issues with that. Weird.

On 1/29/2017 at 14:37, King Dom's Moustache said:

Found out after 18 months that I can get kodi on my android tele :lol:

Trying to figure it out and it's all a bit of a calamity.

Tried to use things like sportsdevil but never seems to work, can anyone point me in the direction of sportsmania and how to sign up for it?

http://sportsnationhd.tv

Once signed up go to the kodi instructions and install on your telly.  Works amazing for me. 

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Is this actually an app or do you go on to safari?

I'm interested. Mobdro on android looks class, similar?

Matrix tv then use the address they give you when subscribing them username password take a wee put £6 see for yourself, I didn't even notice it. Well better than modbro! 

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

I loaded Mobdro to Firestick....primarily for Nascar on Premier Sports. When links work they are far quicker than any add on.

Kodi and sports nation or one of their other sites pish all over it.  And there's a guarantee if one gets closed subscribers will get transferred. 

11 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

Kodi and sports nation or one of their other sites pish all over it.  And there's a guarantee if one gets closed subscribers will get transferred. 

Its not really a guarantee, though is it? Its an illegal service, what are you going to do if they suddenly disappear?

Obviously, its only a few quid a month but its not something I'd be paying a year upfront or anything for

33 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Its not really a guarantee, though is it? Its an illegal service, what are you going to do if they suddenly disappear?

Obviously, its only a few quid a month but its not something I'd be paying a year upfront or anything for

3 months at a time is the ideal scenario then or possibly 6.  If they go during that time I've saved shitloads on sky regardless. 

2 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

3 months at a time is the ideal scenario then or possibly 6.  If they go during that time I've saved shitloads on sky regardless. 

Personally, I wouldnt be paying for any more than the minimum at a time.

More related arrests, this time in Spain and at an ISP accused of hosting illegal streams

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38918506

36 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

The authorities can fanny about with token action and arrests all they like. The fact is the genie is out the bottle and they can't do a damn thing about it.

Maybe. People said that about torrents a few years ago but the ISP crackdown has made a difference. Im not sure the technicalities around blocking streams but if its possible it'll happen eventually. It wont stop them but it might make the whole thing a lot more difficult.

16 minutes ago, mjw said:

Are all these arrests the reason amazon have dropped the Kodi link from the firestick apps list?

Did they not do that a while ago?