andriod boxes / Kodi

People with BT as their Internet provider  often need to adjust network security settings to allow video addons to work properly. Came across this a few times now.

Could you elaborate on this please. I have BT and half of my add ons don't work.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I also use SportsMania, £26 for 6 months works out at 14p/day, been using it for a month now and they always have excellent HD streams with no buffering.

I've been using Sportsmania for well over a year now, it's a great addon but recently it's getting more glitches, think its sudden increase in popularity is testing it's servers and their limits.

45 minutes ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

I've been using Sportsmania for well over a year now, it's a great addon but recently it's getting more glitches, think its sudden increase in popularity is testing it's servers and their limits.

Hi Guys

Well that went down like a shit storm now didn't it.
The problem with the site we have been having is we use the "very popular" software amember.
However this has been the main issue with us as i'll to put it in Layman's terms.
When everyone comes on at the same time it saves whats called a session id.
It also leaves like 5 logs per login, when that gets clogged up on the database it then obviously crashes the site.
So what we have been doing over the past month (well since the joshua ppv) is we have made a new site that doesn't save so much crap.
Obviously the addon is tied to the site so the addon will need a new login as the addon uses the sites login panel to let u log in on Kodi as well so we will push the new update.
This shit which im getting fed up with tbf with amember will be a thing of the past because the new site, database etc has been coded MY WAY, so i don't have to rely on a self proclaimed "huge company software" when things go tits up i get no support whatsoever.

I do apologise about today but with things like this i can't do anything until it happens you see, So when lets say I've edited the server configurations thinking "Oh that will fix it" then when it goes tits up then obviously it hasn't worked but the best thing about the new site is everything is configured my way already so i won't need to.

Now to the people who are constantly swearing at other members and admins please stop it yes its frustrating as hell especially when your paying for it god damn its frustrating I'd go mental but there's a time and place guys and we work as hard as we can to try and get it back for you asap, So i made a huge post the other day and people who are abusive we won't tolerate and will be asked to stop 1st and then if it continues you will be removed from the group.
The difference is guys take for example Rangers TV on Christmas Eve, The website went down for 80 minutes of the game and customers were going nuts but the biggest issue was they didn't even acknowledge customers or tell them anything they just ignored them where as here we have a great bunch of admins who keep you updated at all times, respond to you all so your all in the loop.

Again i apologise and i was gonna give this to all current subs to welcome you all to the new SM site tomorrow but might as well give it to you all now.
1 Day free coupon code to all current subs.
Coupon Code is: newsitewillow

Apologies again guys.

Kodi is really nippy to get your head round at 1st, but sticking with it really is worthwhile.

As an aside, I've set loads of these up for friends and family and have found the Amazon Fire TV box, hard-wired with an ethernet cable to be by far the best way to enjoy kodi :D

3 hours ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

If that doesn't work a quick Google search throws up other BT problems and remedies. Think it's all dependant on which "hub" or router you have.

The link would appear to relate to BT Home Hubs 4 &5 whereas I have the 3. Is the seo michael link to adjust the router channel as that seems to be what i've found when Googling Home Hub 3 and smart wireless? It was channel 6 so i've changed it to 1 meantime but cant check add ons as Mrs Boo is watching bloody eastenders!!

Think it's more about the security settings rather than wireless channels.

Using these boxes with WiFi is a bit of a lottery anyway. Much better to use an ethernet cable or ethernet powerline adaptors if the router is too far away.

Edited by CLANCY2KTID

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

That doesnt tell us anything we didnt already know. We already knew that accessing paid content is illegal and we already knew that the IP holders are unlikely to come after the end users.

The final comment is interesting, although largely irrelevant. There is no grey area over whether accessing paid content, without paying, is illegal. Its probably right that your usage cant be monitored, although your ISP logs IP addresses which, you would have thought, could be traced to the source but given the rest of the article its pretty much irrelevant.

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Listened to this on 5live yesterday. Chiles pretended to know nothing about Kodi and streaming....said he'd tried to find a stream of football before and failed:rolleyes:

The guy from FACT towed the party line as you'd expect because they employ him but Chiles hit the nail on the head with bringing up the 1970's 'taping is killing music' and that all attempts at anti piracy since have failed miserably. They went round in circles for a while and some media lawyer said that it would be unlikely that anyone would be knocking on the doors of Kodi users...........like we didn't know that already.

As Mr X says, nothing we didn't know already.

• 4 weeks later...

Found out after 18 months that I can get kodi on my android tele :lol:

Trying to figure it out and it's all a bit of a calamity.

Tried to use things like sportsdevil but never seems to work, can anyone point me in the direction of sportsmania and how to sign up for it?