Dundee FC vs Hearts

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For any team a win's a win and you probably won't care (for the moment) how it's achieved. I'd be the same - I think it's more frustrating to lose when you really should have had that game won.

No point in crying over spilt milk - need to refocus for the Derby.

Juanma.png

Where to start? Dundee seem a good place.

First half? Excellent. Absolutely sliced Hearts open at will and they couldn't cope, they had three players booked as a result and for the life of me, I cannot understand why Gomis wasn't one of them despite committing 5 fouls in e first half alone, 2 of them coming after his 'final' warning.

Second half? Total night and day. A lot of credit has to go to Hearts here, they changed their shape and stopped using Ozturk man-marking Gary Harkins as he was getting fucking ragdolled and generally looked lost. This gave them a stronger core and they used that to their advantage, so good on Neilson for spotting the problem and subsequently solving it.

Hearts' penalty I'll have to see again, it hit an arm, I don't know who. McPake claimed for it as did Hearts players and Thompson was only going to give it one way 1-1. The second was also a major fuckup on Dundee's part. Thomson and someone else become embroiled, McGowan and McGinn tried and failed to empty it, the ball broke to Juanma who was clean through, sidestepped a mad lunge from Julen (?) and slotted. 2-1, game over. It just become stuffy and Hearts piled men behind the ball (which their entitled to) and Dundee just couldn't break them down, never even looked like they would at any point.

Hearts players rolling around, time wasting and general constant fouling is fucking embarrassing. I'll applaud Walker, he took an absolute corker from McGinn and got straight back up. As did Nicholson, from Thomson. The same can't be said for Rossi, Juanma, Blaszjec (?)(who's absolute shite btw) and your left back.

Will Hearts struggle this year? Not a chance.

Did they impress me? Did they fùck.

We move on to the Derby, play like the first half, it'll be a fucking cakewalk. Play like the second, we might as well not go.

Good luck for the rest of the season, Heart ofMidlothian.

Juanma.png

For any team a win's a win and you probably won't care (for the moment) how it's achieved. I'd be the same - I think it's more frustrating to lose when you really should have had that game won.

No point in crying over spilt milk - need to refocus for the Derby.

It happens. The way you played in the first half was excellent. You'll comfortably beat most teams playing like that, but again, it's all about taking chances. Both teams missed good chances in the first half, Dundee more so.

This has been a clusterfuck of a thread from start to finish, but the game itself was open and entertaining for the most part.

Hat needs tipped to Robbie Neilson. Hearts LB was having a mate and pushing him forward and stopping Ozturk following Harkins solidified your defence and allowed the midfield to just focus on their own job.

It happens. The way you played in the first half was excellent. You'll comfortably beat most teams playing like that, but again, it's all about taking chances. Both teams missed good chances in the first half, Dundee more so.

This has been a clusterfuck of a thread from start to finish, but the game itself was open and entertaining for the most part.

Cheers.

I'm going back to the pool and having a few beers to drown my sorrows.

:)

Archived