Dundee FC vs Hearts

Hearts locked up our left side in the second. Players just looking at each other wondering where to run or make a pass to. Having said that our intensity and energy in the second half was a flat zero. Did pretty much nothing for 45 mi utes against a back 4 that looks so dodgy. Hearts fans at the far end of the ground probably have no idea of the open arguments going on with the keeper and his back 4 in the first half. Some real cloggers in there. Were all 4 booked?

The standard of football by both teams as the second half went on was dreadful.

The worry around that kind of game is how as a unit we just stopped playing.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The odd quotable posts in this thread. Fifespud's season ticket soon to be drifting in the wind.

Not bought one!

Fook me we really know how to blow it.

Fair play to Hearts - held on in the first half and took their chances in the second. The big striker looks a player.

Media blackout.

Thought a draw would have been a fair result after Dundee's first half performance and our second half, absolutely delighted to take 3 points from Dens though, can't see many team doing the same this season.

Not sure what happened to our formation in the first half, was fizzing that we had changed our formation for that second half, no idea what was going on but Dundee absolutely dominated us for the first 45, said it was crucial to get in at the break at half time and still think the same, if Dundee had taken their chances we would have been buried by half time. Either a rocket was shoved up the team's arse or there was a change (looked like Oshinawa and Paterson were pushed further up the pitch to me, they looked clueless as to what their position was in the first half) but we looked much better. Hesitating to say we looked great but we weren't pinned back.

Didn't see the penalty handball at all, in fact thought it was going the other way til the cheers went up, would have to see that again. Second was majestic though, fucking love Juanma, classy as f**k, knows when to go down to get a foul and all. :lol:

Can see why Dundee fans will feel gutted but can see them up and around the top 6 again or Europe if they can get a good run going, better than Dundee United on paper now at least. Always a cracking away day at Dens!

Edit: People are getting their arses in a twist about the applause in the 14th minute, genuinely no idea what it was about.

Spot on though. Your club apparently got in touch with ours to tell us about it as well hence the announcement before kick off.

Plenty of folk in the Dundee ends stood up for it and applauded. Hearts? Hardly a fùck was given.

Also jambos, last minute looked like we had a corner, ref gave it but overruled by lineswoman and changed it. What was the script there?

Saw that too... thought it was a corner tbh.

Not sure on the penalty claim either - need to see that one again, but looked in the box to me so 'relieved'!

Regarding missed chances... you missed one or two more than us, so does that make you 'unluckier' or does it make your strikers worse than ours at finishing?

Dundee dominated first half, Robbie's tactics were all wrong, but he changed it at half time and went on to dominated second half. As soon as we went ahead, we killed the game and Dundee had no answer, which isn't a bad thing for us to be able to do. These two points should not be a surprise to anyone: last year, we won many games when we were not at our best/outplayed, simply by Robbie changing tactics, (after getting them wrong) us getting in front and then closing the game down. Also, our ability to come back from behind/show character to get the win, is well documented, and I'm pleased to see it be carried into the Premiership (last week and today).

Dundee played some great stuff in first half and had us in trouble, but ran out of ideas and created nothing in the second. We were fortunate to get the pen, but after that, I felt there was only going to be one winner. Would've been interesting if Loy was around... but all in all, I don't think either of us will be out of the top six this season.

I think we deserved the win from a tactical viewpoint, but I understand why 'dee fans are unhappy... 'if only', and all that. However, I fancy we'll see more of this - "we were the better team and the Jambos were lucky" - many more times this season.

Great game for the neutral and I hope Hartley and Dundee do well!

claiming bonus points over honouring a kids death

If that's the way it reads, then I can only apologise. I am not trying to 'claim bonus points' I'm simply pointing out that something which was well done last week and given announcement prior to kick off, was fairly poorly supported by the Hearts end.

Very acceptable start to the campaign, the character of this team is extremely pleasing. Genuinely not over cooking it but neilson is now proving to be a very good manager indeed and if we continue the way we've started this year, we'll struggle to hold on to him.

Wouldn't worry about that mate, i think Neilson will be more than happy at Hearts just now learning his trade with Levein there for support. I can't see him jumping ship to some bland English championship/league 1 side just yet.

I think it could be down to the Dundee PA system as I couldn't hear what the announcer was saying in the away end. Not sure what the applause was for but joined in like most Hearts fans did when I seen the Dundee fans applauding

I think it could be down to the Dundee PA system as I couldn't hear what the announcer was saying in the away end. Not sure what the applause was for but joined in like most Hearts fans did when I seen the Dundee fans applauding

To be fair, naebody can hear what the f**k he's saying in the other stands either.

Archived