Ross County v Ayr United - League Cup 2nd Round

Decent turn out for a 435 mile round trip on a Tuesday. Journey back was torture mind!

Played relatively well without creating too much, thought McCracken looked decent next to Gerry and they complement each other well, possible centre back pairing?

Thought Caldwell played the lone striker well, as did Preston when he came on and gave Boyd something to think about.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest honestrae95

McCracken was very good after starting off a bit slowly, Gerry on the other hand didn't look so comfortable. Looked like he was at fault for both goals and generally all over the place.

62 paying Ayr fans last night, very good effort....

Thought Graham was unlucky, he thrives off of crosses, IMO didn't feel he got enough balls into the box to throw himself at...

Ayes official count was 138 in the away end, wasn't so sure on that.

County looked better passing through the middle rather than getting balls into the box.

Meant to say, Gardynes goal was a cracker, from where I was you could see it was going in the minute it left his foot.

No complaints about the result last night, played well but over the whole County had a bit more quality, only thing that doesn't sit right is the foul on Preston on the edge of the box not given which County naturally go up the park and score from.

aye it will have been Preston itzdrk, I thought it was Forrest. I thought it looked blatant. I was right in line with it, granted it was the other side of the pitch but for me it was a foul and in this day and age a straight red. It was the only incident that made me stand up

Ayes official count was 138 in the away end, wasn't so sure on that

Meant to say, Gardynes goal was a cracker, from where I was you could see it was going in the minute it left his foot.

It was a belter. Great feet to take 2 players out the game and give himself the space to shoot then an unsavable shot curling further and further away from Fleming til it hit the net

I would never trust county when it comes to attendance figures. Trust the honest men

It was a belter. Great feet to take 2 players out the game and give himself the space to shoot then an unsavable shot curling further and further away from Fleming til it hit the net

I would never trust county when it comes to attendance figures. Trust the honest men

Well..... I sold the 62 tickets.....

Straight from work. You know what I look like in a suit but you've never introduced yourself? Stalker.

Kindalikeit

Yes, yes I am.

We have briefly met though, last Motherwell game last season.

aye it will have been Preston itzdrk, I thought it was Forrest. I thought it looked blatant. I was right in line with it, granted it was the other side of the pitch but for me it was a foul and in this day and age a straight red. It was the only incident that made me stand up

Was like Airdrie Utd away last year again. Almost exactly the same foul, And (I think) going up the park to score.

Is this the one where Davies was ahead of your striker, slid and played the ball away, then your striker fell over him a couple of steps further along? I have no idea what incident you're talking about if not.

Is this the one where Davies was ahead of your striker, slid and played the ball away, then your striker fell over him a couple of steps further along? I have no idea what incident you're talking about if not.

I can see why you would think that, its pretty clear he is pulled down in the highlights by the blatant shirt pull.

https://youtu.be/csaKph-lyuE?t=2m54s

Never saw the shirt pull (and I was in the section next to you lot). Ref would never have seen a fairly trivial pull like that, and it certainly isn't the red card offence others have suggested.

It goes without saying how much the AUTV highlights piss over the SPFL and BBC's output, as do most of the lower leagues' individual - free - channels. They're probably produced better than any other highlights package involving Ross County this season.

The 720p50 option is excellent. The players' walking is slightly jarring at 50 frames per second, but it helps enormously with image quality when the camera has to pan.

If only...

Having now seen the highlights I withdraw my red card madness as Boyd is ample cover to prevent a goal scoring opporchancity. It does clear up the fact it's a foul though as you are not allowed to pull the shirt of an opponent

Archived