Raith v Accies

I should probably also add fair play to Raith Rovers, they played us off the park in the first half and parked the bus to great effect in the second. I know that's not always a popular tactic but in my opinion they had every right to do it in a cup tie against higher league opposition.

They were barely up the park in the second half but took their chance when it did come.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do all Scottish managers just see Tade and think 'long balls to the big man'? It didn't work when he was at Raith either.

We started the game well and could have been a couple of goals up, but after that Accies looked the better team for large parts of the game but they couldn't take their chances. Their goal when it came had been coming for ages.

Then we got the subs on and Daly and Wighton ran riot. Great result and nice to see some singing and actual atmosphere when we got the late goal. Long may it continue. I've been to three games this season and we've won the lot. Couldn't ask for much more. Ray is definitely bringing the feelgood factor back.

Do all Scottish managers just see NTade and think 'long balls to the big man'? It didn't work when he was at Raith either.

We started the game well and could have been a couple of goals up, but after that Accies looked the better team for large parts of the game but they couldn't take their chances. Their goal when it came had been coming for ages.

Then we got the subs on and Daly and Wighton ran riot. Great result and nice to see some singing and actual atmosphere when we got the late goal. Long may it continue. I've been to three games this season and we've won the lot. Couldn't ask for much more. Ray is definitely bringing the feelgood factor back.

Do all Scottish managers just see Tade and think 'long balls to the big man'? It didn't work when he was at Raith either.

Regarding the substitutions, it was a very good set of changes, Daly created space to bring the ball down and bring others in, Wighton as noted was full of confidence and running, but the other thing it allowed was the outball into the right hand channel: Anderson hadn't really got any traction in there all that half, but being able to move Stewart out that way gave us a lot more pace in behind the full back as well.

Do all Scottish managers just see NTade and think 'long balls to the big man'? It didn't work when he was at Raith either.

He got his 'ade's' mixed up :P

Poor display from us, Lucas was awful, ziggy had a shocker, imrie and Longridge were both poor in their 45 mins. Absolute howler from usually solid McGovern to hand them the lead. Battered at the door and got the equalizer then punished from another set piece.

Sounds like the players weren't up for it at all, maybe over confidence after the 2 great wins we've had.

Wasn't there but from the excellent Raith TV highlights (if only we had the willingness to do something similar) McGovern was not great at the first but completely blameless for the winner. Canning is a young manager and he's going to make mistakes but leaving out on-form Morris was bad enough but to then not bring him on at 1-2 beggars belief. Another cup opportunity gone. I think they do care but we tend to have bad luck in cup ties - Andy Ryan's scoop over from four yards in the quarter final for example. Falkirk got the easiest draws imaginable last season on their way to the cup final, we get tough draws. No excuses last night, one enforced change, two unnecessary changes but we should still have been good enough to win.

At least Dundee and Partick had arguably worse results.

From the highlights, young Boyd seems to have done a bit better than his only other appearance. Lucas has been immense so far so we'll forgive him what seems to have been a bad night. Ross Perry he ain't!

Archived