Chips

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bump!

Just had some rather delicious chips, the potato used was something between a King Edward & Russet, large surface area due to the chefs superior knife skills. Fried only twice, but with an 8, yes, eight minute rest between fryings!

Lovely golden finish, in my top 4 of chips!

Sides- V. Large prawns & assorted mussels.

Sauce- none

Condiments- salt & slight shake of freshly ground black pepper.

Marks - 8.8/ 10

Chips, mmmmmmm

ETA- Top tuber ranking- 5

I had a meal in Shebeen restaurant in Dalkeith last week. When the main arrived there was only 4 chips on the plate. The whole portion size was massive and it genuinely looked like they had quartered a baking potato. I never tried them though as I was far too busy trying to eat my way through the biggest steak that I have ever been served in my life.

I didn't know there was a Shebeen in Dalkeith but been to the one just off Lothian road. The chips were stacked up on each other like building blocks and the meal was served on a wooden slab.

Was very good but not the best I have had.

I had a meal in Shebeen restaurant in Dalkeith last week. When the main arrived there was only 4 chips on the plate. The whole portion size was massive and it genuinely looked like they had quartered a baking potato. I never tried them though as I was far too busy trying to eat my way through the biggest steak that I have ever been served in my life.

^^^ carb hater found ^^^

As my former lover from Torry once said to me

"Wise up min"

I'm having chips with jerk chicken and sweetcorn fritters. I was going to make coconut rice but I don't have any coconut milk, so chips it is.

I'm not having any alcohol as I'm working tonight, but Granny Danger has kindly said he'd drink my share.

I'm having chips with lasagne soon and a side salad and garlic bread and Rioja.

I have a special love for (sometimes slightly sleazy) 70s pub classics. e.g. its fine to have lasagne, chips, garlic bread all together.

I also love prawn cocktail, potato skins and dip, breaded mushrooms, and chicken in a basket. I will fight anyone that has disdain for these pleasures.

I'm having a take away but don't like chippys in Edinburgh so might order chips with a Chinese.

Edinburgh has no chip etiquette at all at all. Chips when cooked are not white & soggy with dripping fat. No wonder they try to drown out the disgusting taste with that vinegary brown slush.

Death by Dysoning is too good for all the chip shop proprietors! IMHO

I drove down to see me Maw last week, I always stop off at the chippy in Biggar, cos they know how to cook chips & do mushy peas the correct way, imagine my horror when I got served & the chips where white. It's been taken over, obviously by some c**t who doesn't know how to cook chips.

Grimbo

I have a special love for (sometimes slightly sleazy) 70s pub classics. e.g. its fine to have lasagne, chips, garlic bread all together.

I also love prawn cocktail, potato skins and dip, breaded mushrooms, and chicken in a basket. I will fight anyone that has disdain for these pleasures.

My wife has a few 'signature dishes' and lasagne is one of them, absolutely exceptional but I'd never have it anywhere else as I know it won't taste nearly as good.

Archived