Batman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same with how no c**t reliases that superman looks exactly like Clark Kent without glasses

I always love the bit in Superman (2?) where Clark does nothing but take off his specs and Lois magically clocks the resemblance. Honestly? After all that time? A cold dook in the Niagara obviously woke her up.

I've been quite interested in this story, as my long-suffering handful of Twitter followers have found out.

Essentially, the allegations are that there was financial mismanagement within the charity. The government have paid over £30m to Kids Company over the last 7/8 years. Some of the allegations are

- The charity exaggerated the number of children it helped in order to raise more money

- The charity misused the funds it raised

- The charity misused grants given to it for restructuring (they paid staff with the money)

- The charity's work was not as successful as they made out

- The charity allowed drugs to be taken on it's premises.

- The charity did not properly report allegations of sexual misconduct and violence.

Here's an article summarising the allegations - https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/08/the-inside-story-of-how-the-spectator-broke-the-kids-company-scandal/

I read another article on Spiked which I thought had an interesting take on it - Camilla Batmanghelidjh had an analysis of problem youth that spoke to a conservative view. Feral children, abandoned by parents, running wild. She also spoke at length about the biological nature of youth crime problems, a rather Victorian concept. The remedies put forward, however, spoke to a liberal, almost new-age audience - yoga, psychotherapy, hug-a-hoodie.

No doubt they did a good job with some children but I think the model is flawed and Batmanghelidjh and her supporters line of argument is essentially a "THINK OF THE CHILDREN"-fest. It's interesting that she managed to have such success raising money and not being questioned up until now and I think spending twenty years being feted means she isn't well practiced at dealing with questioning, which has been seen in her media appearances over the past few days.

Also, for her to say that this has happened because she knew about prominent people linked to child abuse is contemptible.

This Batman woman was irritating me on the TV yesterday. Her apparent grief came across so overacted, choking on certain words etc exactly like you'd see in a dramatic movie.

There was another woman on after her who was apparently helped by the charity at some point but gave no details other than something along the lines of 'they were the only ones I could turn to'. As said it's all very much 'think of the children' stuff.

How on earth does no one in Gotham even suspect that batman might be the eccentric inventor billionaire who stays on the outskirts of the city and builds high tech military equipment for a living ? Same with how no c**t reliases that superman looks exactly like Clark Kent without glasses and whenever superman is floating about Clark is nowhere to be seen, also just how many of Clarke suits are lying about the street or up wee back alleys , no wonder these people rely on superheroes , they are all so fucking stupid , rant over

^^^^seething

Given the ridiculous crime rates in Gotham (and a higher rate of super villains per head of population than most cities), I'm sure the ordinary citizen has more pressing concerns than trying to figure out Batman's true identity.

Given the ridiculous crime rates in Gotham (and a higher rate of super villains per head of population than most cities), I'm sure the ordinary citizen has more pressing concerns than trying to figure out Batman's true identity.

Questions really need to be asked of the Gotham police department

I'd order the Batmans like this-

1. Batman Begins
2. The Dark Knight
3. Batman (The Original)

4. Batman Returns

5. The Dark Knight Rises

6. Batmanghelidjh

7. Batman Forever

8. Batman & Robin

How on earth does no one in Gotham even suspect that batman might be the eccentric inventor billionaire who stays on the outskirts of the city and builds high tech military equipment for a living ? Same with how no c**t reliases that superman looks exactly like Clark Kent without glasses and whenever superman is floating about Clark is nowhere to be seen, also just how many of Clarke suits are lying about the street or up wee back alleys , no wonder these people rely on superheroes , they are all so fucking stupid , rant over

^^^^seething

Hold on one second... are you insinuating that Clark Kent... is Superman? As in Clark fucking Kent, the geeky newspaper bloke?

Nah, f**k off.

Archived