Failed Statelet Football 2015/16

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linfield and Crusaders both win so the Crues are in control, 8 points clear with 3 games left. It could be all over on Tuesday, if Crusaders beat Cliftonville. Even if they lose but Linfield fail to beat Glentoran, Crusaders would still win the title, to secure successive championships.

At the other end of the table, Portadown continue to slide down the table, while Ballymena and Dungannon pull clear. 5 points between bottom of the table Warrenpoint and 9th placed Portadown, with Ballinamallard and Carrick squeezed in between.

Linfield join Glenavon in the final after beating Lurgan Celtic 3-0.

Flights booked already.

Mad Dog texted me to go to this one and renew my yearly Blues visit but can't make due to a premarriage course which I am raging about. You and I had a mad day in the changing rooms years ago after you had arranged the viewing lounge and copious amounts of free booze !!!!

Aaah Dinny, HTF are you mate?

You're getting married? Is she absofeckinlutely certified?

I remember that day, although I can't say I remember it well, mainly because of the amount of booze. Will PM you with my plans for LOI games over the summer.

Two goals in the last minute save Carrick but relegate Ballinamallard, 2-1 to Carrick.

And a last minute Dungannon penalty - although they missed it but scored from the resultant stramash - means Warrenpoint go down with the Mallards, 1-1 being the final score.

I've watched that penalty decision over and over again, and I still can't make my mind up.

Good to have Ards back, but it would be even better if they returned to Newtownards.

Just six days to the Cup final and I am already excited.

Two goals in the last minute save Carrick but relegate Ballinamallard, 2-1 to Carrick.

And a last minute Dungannon penalty - although they missed it but scored from the resultant stramash - means Warrenpoint go down with the Mallards, 1-1 being the final score.

Isn't there a play-off between 2nd bottom and 2nd top of the 2nd tier or has that been scrapped?

Good to have Ards back, but it would be even better if they returned to Newtownards.

They are still OK on the licensing stuff if Bangor go bankrupt? Was trying to make sense of how Institute wound up making it into the playoff a few days back despite being fifth and saw that mentioned as a possible issue in a newspaper article that popped up about it on google.

Edit: to answer the post immediately above it still seems to be there and Institute will be playing Ballinamallard.

Clubs had to achieve a certain standard to obtain a licence for the Premiership and Championship next year, and Institute were the highest place club who met the criteria.

Good to see the IFA following their Euro 2016 ticketing fiasco by ballsing up the Cup Final ticketing.

Isn't there a play-off between 2nd bottom and 2nd top of the 2nd tier or has that been scrapped?

Institute play Ballinamallard tonight, second leg on the 10th

So Carrick could end up relegated, Ballinamallard saved and Warrenpoint into the play-off. The only one happy about this will be Institute, as they are 2-1 down. (Ballinamallard will be pleased, too!)

Eventful match the other night, Cliftonville just edging an entertaning thrller, thhe usual Irish League fisticuffs  :lol: ....

Pish poor season for us really, just mid-table meh... wasn't particularl convinced about Kernaghan and nothing has changed that, shouldn't have got rid of Eddie IMO, and I'm not the only one who thinks it.

overall though you'd say it was a fairly decent IL season worthy winners in the Crues, linfield will be the big challengers for next season and hopefully Glenavon can continue to mpress the way they have this campaign. Even the relegation battle was entertaining.Haven't heard if there was an increase in crowds this year or not like last year.

Archived