Failed Statelet Football 2015/16

Press Release by the Linfield Supporters Trust
PRESS RELEASE BY LST ON TICKETING ISSUE:

The Linfield Supporters Trust would like to make it clear that they give their full 100% backing to the Linfield Board in condemning the pricing for this year’s Tennents Irish Cup Semi-Final matches.

It is our contention that the Irish Football Association should be encouraging people back into supporting the local game, unfortunately this pricing decision will do the exact opposite.

This is not only putting potential supporters off attending games but is actually discouraging our diehard followers from watching their team.

We believe the IFA who are now located in a fully modern state of the art Windsor Park with increased capacity, should be reducing ticket prices to encourage more people to come through the turnstiles.

How can the IFA justify their pricing compared to the recently released pricing by the Scottish Football Association for the eagerly anticipated Scottish Cup Semi-Final tie between Rangers and Celtic where fans have the opportunity to see full time clubs and one of the biggest sporting rivalries in the world for £3 extra at £18 or on Easter Monday you can watch our International team for £20?

When compared to the pricing of the Irish Cup tickets we are of the opinion that the IFA pricing is nothing short of scandalous.

We believe the Irish Football Association should reconsider their ticketing costs and take a lesson from their neighbours in the Republic of Ireland where the FAI in recent times have reduced their ticketing prices considerably for their National Cup Final to encourage more people to support their local game.

Linfield Supporters Trust

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way above normal IL prices, and the fact they can only be bought through Ticketmaster is a joke. They should also be trying to reduce prices and boost crowds at the "new" Windsor Park. Ditto the Final.

The FAI reduced prices to pack out their new stadium but the IFA are a bunch of incompetents, as proved by the ticketing fiasco for the Euros and the subsequent lies about the reasons for it.

That should be "eagerly-awaited". Does nobody bother to proof read BBC website content? Should maybe not comment given I have seen the two teams play a grand total of once this season, but if I picked up one impression from the subs in that game it would be that Crusaders didn't seem to have much quality coming into the game off the bench and as the smaller of the two clubs might be more prone to a dip in standards when injuries and suspensions start to kick in?

That should be "eagerly-awaited". Does nobody bother to proof read BBC website content? Should maybe not comment given I have seen the two teams play a grand total of once this season, but if I picked up one impression from the subs in that game it would be that Crusaders didn't seem to have much quality coming into the game off the bench and as the smaller of the two clubs might be more prone to a dip in standards when injuries and suspensions start to kick in?

:lol:  Never read that far!

I thought the Crues had it in the bag, and they still have a game in hand, so all is not lost.

I've been impressed by Blues' manager, David Healy, whenever I've heard him speaking - no bombast, no bragging, a bit in the David Jeffrey mould perhaps. He's done well after a sticky start.

I think the Crues will just do it, but it's getting interesting.

Healy has impressed where Feeney never really convinced at Linfield. If he manages to secure the title he will become an instant managerial legend at Windsor Park I think, when you consider how hopeless the position seemed a couple of months back.

Linfield have to win on April 9, rely on Crusaders screwing up again and make sure they don't make any costly mistakes themselves. Still Crusaders' title to throw away, but great credit to Linfield for making an unlikely fight of it so late on in the season.

At the other end I can still somehow see Warrenpoint escaping as they have done in recent seasons, maybe even at Ballinamallard's expense. Ards look like they are strolling to the title in the Championship, and hopefully they will bring up a stronger squad than they had for their last single torrid season in the top flight.

Believe it or not, the European money means that the Crues pay more than Linfield and they have a stronger squad. That said, Healy has inculcated a great team spirit and introduced some very promising young players and, like most Linfield fans, I am delighted that we are actually making a fight and appear to have secured second place, (and some European money which, by IL standards, is huge).

Warrenpoint away on Tuesday could be a stumbling block though.

I'm heavily biased, but why is Mannus being completely frozen out by O'Neill? As far as I can tell its because he missed a squad to go on his honeymoon, surely thats not enough to leave out your highest ranked keeper?

Glenavon beat Crusaders 4-3 in an Irish Cup semi-final thriller, coming from behind three times with Kevin Branniff scoring all four.

Fans stay away in protest at IFA pricing and a dreadful deal with Ticketb*stard that sees them get £3 for every ticket.

Crusaders v Linfield today in what is surely the title decider. Blues limited to just 1,400 tickets as Crues seek to maximise home support.

I fear the worst as it is on the drastic plastic, although we've pumped Climville twice on theirs recently.

Archived