The Dundee United Derby, Tues 11 Aug 2015

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OYF.....

We fucking ragdolled Utd first half, but you really need to take your chances. Rinse and repeat from Saturday and Hartley needs to sort it fucking pronto. Again, in Saturdays scenes, as much as we ragdolled Utd first half, they returned the favour with interest and took 2 goals well - I've not seen the highlights apart from fucking pavarottis efforts above but Spittals first looked class - I missed the 2nd - official story away for a pish - actual story sitting (for the first time in the match) head in hands fucking gutted.

My old boy left at 2-0 in a fucking emotional, seething mess.

Then Greg Stewart does what he does best - I celebrated but my first comment after it calmed down - "It's the hope that kills you"

After that I can only assume someone slipped me some acid Utd had their standard chance for the 3rd goal but Bain made a save that looked incredible from 100 yards away and we broke up and scored - I only found it was James McPake in the boozer. I ended up on my arse. When I got to my feet I looked around for my bro and best pal - they were 4 and 6 rows back respectively. My mates sister was 8 rows back in the appropriate row.

I'm now sitting in Kirkton, my phone is gone, I'm £40 lighter, I drank 2 venoms (£6.50 in the fairmuir - fucking bargain), my ankle is bigger than it was after Killie, I have to walk back up to the Fairmuir at 5:30AM to get my car to go to work but I have no alarm as my phone is gone and to be honest I really need to go to hospital rather than a 20 minute uphill jaunt on this ankle. You can say what you like but no-one does #scenes like the Dees.

I've not read the comments above but I can fucking call it - Hearts fans - GTFO of here lads - we were due that after the Shadenfreude of Saturday.

As for the Arabs - a lot of them are deluded but those who braved the boozer post match were fair in their analysis.

What a game. What a fucking city.

Some boy Deefiant.

What do people expect from Souttar? He was solid as f**k.

Sorry, don't agree. What do you mean "what do people expect"? Most people talk him up and maybe rightly so, but a defensive midfielder should be able to defend and that is another game I have seen this season where he goes missing for large parts of the game and does not do his defensive work properly. He did grow into the match but he is still to convince me this season.

I've noised folk up like f**k in here :lol: but to be honest it was a great game and a great atmosphere, would much rather watch a game like that that any champions league or EPL match. The scenes at the end are what it's all about.

You should not be driving. I'm telling on you

I will make the short (but naughty) journey to my old boy. He will take up driving to Aberdeen while I regale him with tales of the comeback he missed through his emotionally induced radge attack.

His salty tears, an equal measure of joy at the comeback but guilt at his betrayal will rejuvenate me for the day ahead.

I will swagger* into my Aberdonian filled office, listen to their veiled compliments about my team before unleashing upon them a wave of euphoria about just how good it is to not only be a Dundee fan, but a fucking Dundonian - one city, many, many discoveries you sheep shagging, vowel muddling fit likers - many many discoveries indeed.

*hobble

Hope the guy that was shaking in the Shed is ok. Any word on him?

Heard it was an epileptic fit. I thought it was a heart attack and couldn't look. Thought he was a gonner for certain.

I have bruises everywhere

I'm gonna be feeling it in the morning.

Just seen the highlights. United's goals we're both pretty class. Hard to tell from the Shed at the time what has happened.

Was right behind Stewart's goal and knew it was in as soon as he hit it. Bain's save is world class.

Then the #SCENES

I've noised folk up like f**k in here :lol: but to be honest it was a great game and a great atmosphere, would much rather watch a game like that that any champions league or EPL match. The scenes at the end are what it's all about.

Every single time! Scottish football is fucking brilliant and anyone else who says otherwise is an idiot. I'm off to Station Park on Saturday and although it is a little different to the game tonight I take it every time over some overhyped bullshit.

Sorry don't agree. What do you meanly "what do people expect"? Most people talk him up and maybe rightly so, but a defensive midfielder should be able to defend and that is another game I have seen this season where he goes missing for large parts of the game and does not do his defensive work properly. He did grow into the match but he is still to convince me this season.

Not sure Souttar is a defensive midfielder, but know what you mean. Still has a lot to learn positionally. Thought it he was good in the second half though, terrific with the ball at his feet when on the attack.

Every single time! Scottish football is fucking brilliant and anyone else who says otherwise is an idiot. I'm off to Station Park on Saturday and although it is a little different to the game tonight I take it every time over some overhyped bullshit.

Aye. We do ourselves down all the time, but that second half was a fucking magnificent spectacle.

Not that keen on how it ended, mind you.

What do people expect from Souttar? He was solid as f**k.

I expect him to use how #solid he is to tell that Fraser c**t to change his look - I spent the first 45 telling all those around me no 22 was Souttar and that he was fucking shite.

p***k.

Not sure Souttar is a defensive midfielder, but know what you mean. Still has a lot to learn positionally. Thought it he was good in the second half though, terrific with the ball at his feet when on the attack.

It is probably me being too harsh on his defensive work in terms of tackling, what I probably should have said is his defensive positioning and the way he uses possession. He has wonderful technique but he has been far too often caught out so far this season by either being too casual, too lazy or overconfident. When he gets it right he is brilliant but he can also get it horribly wrong. There were only a couple of bursting runs from him tonight and that is what he is good at, moving with the ball and finding passes.

Rankin was outstanding, and if people cannot see what he brings to the team in games like this they don't know what they are talking about. Yes he doesn't produce the same level of performance every week but I would have him there every game, he does so much work that goes unnoticed and allows the other midfielders the chance to play.

No, he doesn't. This is bullshit. On nights like tonight he does a strength of work, but it happens all too rarely - seems to save it for the big games right enough.

And with all the plaudits he is getting tonight, it's easy to forget that him and Souttar were dominated by the Dundee midfield in the first half.

Its absolutely mental that Hartley, who just watched his team come back excellently from 2 nil down in a derby away from home in the last minute will face a 3 match ban for stepping outside his technical area.

Silly rules like that and taking your top off etc are a joke. Basically trying to kill any passion left in football!

Archived