The Dundee United Derby, Tues 11 Aug 2015

He's basically Martin Boyle tbh.

I'd have Boyle over Murray. Last night, when 4 on 3 Murray achieved nothing but running straight into Konrad. Laughably out his depth but Scottish football fans on the whole laud guys who just run a lot and try.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd have Boyle over Murray. Last night, when 4 on 3 Murray achieved nothing but running straight into Konrad. Laughably out his depth but Scottish football fans on the whole laud guys who just run a lot and try.[/quote

Early days but he looks like he knows where the goal is whilst Martins league 2 goals never followed him. He was a wonder save away from a Derby goal.

Murray will score a few this year late on in games. Particularly if Utd are a goal up and teams are chasing.

I'd have Boyle over Murray. Last night, when 4 on 3 Murray achieved nothing but running straight into Konrad. Laughably out his depth but Scottish football fans on the whole laud guys who just run a lot and try.

Aye so one mistake the time he was on the park? How many did Connolly/Fraser and Spittal make in the first half? They basically fucked up everytime they went forward. He had a few good lay offs and runs and then that chance at the end, he got space and got a great shot off which was magnificently saved by Bain. He didn't look out of his depth at all. Him and Erskine changed the game.

I felt last night was Konrad's best ever performance for us. 2 or 3 potential goal saving tackles and his distribution was pretty good too.

Really no failures last night - if Thommo is out I'd like a look at Low from the start - nice to see a player coming on and getting booked for his first involvement. I do feel there is a lack of pace about the team - Loy clearly not near full fitness - Hemmings not as pacey as I'd hoped either.

The style of football in the last 2 first 45 minutes is very pleasing, in my 30 odd years of watching there have been few spells of such fluidity.

I'm hearing a lot of people saying this. I don't see it. He has pace and he has a work ethic which is nice.

I'd happy to wager, by season end with anyone, that he won't be held in such esteem by then. He looks totally out of his depth to me.

I'm with you on this. No doubt he changed the game with his energy and enthusiasm causing all sorts of problems but I wouldn't be too comfortable with him starting games, I don't think he is technically gifted enough to carry a forward line for a whole game.

Aye so one mistake the time he was on the park? How many did Connolly/Fraser and Spittal make in the first half? They basically fucked up everytime they went forward. He had a few good lay offs and runs and then that chance at the end, he got space and got a great shot off which was magnificently saved by Bain. He didn't look out of his depth at all. Him and Erskine changed the game.

Agree with this. Got a lot to learn, still very raw and plays with head down a bit, as in the instance where he could have played in Erskine but went straight into the Dundee defender. But he's got some pretty useful attributes, and with the right guidance could turn out to be a decent player at this level.

I wonder if you may be biased in your appraisal at all Lichtie?

It wasn't just one mistake by the way (though that was a fcuking whopper) - are we forgetting the time he was in behind the defence? And irrelevant to any mistakes, its clear to me over all the games I've seen of him, that he does not have the potential to make it.

As for Connolly, Fraser and Spittal. Well, I've long said that Spittal > Connolly, and though he may have made mistakes, the potential is obvious - Connolly not so much, but he has something.

Fraser was out of position most of the game - he is used to playing in the centre of the park, and he will become a regular there for us over the course of the season.

Players, especially kids will make mistakes, but they need to have the talent in the first place.

I wonder if you may be biased in your appraisal at all Lichtie?

It wasn't just one mistake by the way (though that was a fcuking whopper) - are we forgetting the time he was in behind the defence? And irrelevant to any mistakes, its clear to me over all the games I've seen of him, that he does not have the potential to make it.

f**k off! He's played three games, FFS. One goal, and nearly another last night.

f**k off! He's played three games, FFS. One goal, and nearly another last night.

Brilliant reasoning there potty mouth!

By the way, I've seen him in more then 3 games. He won't make it, and soon enough you will agree.

He was poor. Having a shot on target doesn't make up for running about like a headless chicken, passing up the opportunity to play in one of three players (who would be clean through) or the constant fouling. You can laud him all you like because he played for Arbroath ( :lol: ) but he will not make the grade at Tannadice.

A classic game of four scenes.

Very impressed with Dundee's passing and movement, especially in the first 45 minutes. I would say Stewart won't hit as sweet a shot again, but he seems to do it most weeks.

Considering he started the match by hoofing a corner straight out of play, it was a revelatory second half performance by Blair "Sweet Feet" Spittal.

And if Murray does turn out to only have pace and effort, that's two more qualities than the likes of Anier.

Brilliant reasoning there potty mouth!

By the way, I've seen him in more then 3 games. He won't make it, and soon enough you will agree.

From the guy who still insists that Souttar should play centre half, I'll reserve my own judgement if that's ok with you.

Bit of a minter for the Hearts fans that invaded this thread though.

Elixir takes this forum very seriously too. This will be a tragic blow to his online persona. As he said himself, you can't just sweep these posts under the carpet.

He was poor. Having a shot on target doesn't make up for running about like a headless chicken, passing up the opportunity to play in one of three players (who would be clean through) or the constant fouling. You can laud him all you like because he played for Arbroath ( :lol: ) but he will not make the grade at Tannadice.

I'm not lauding him because he played for us. He changed the game, that's not hard to see. Yes he is a bit raw, he was playing junior football just a year and a half ago FFS he needs to be treated as if he's a young lad. He's got ONE year of proffesional football in him. Bit rich you laughing at him playing for Arbroath as well m8. Scott Bain - Alloa, Elgin. McGinn Queens Park, Dumbarton. Holt - QOTS. Julen - East Fife. Hemmings and Stewart - Cowdenbeath. That's just out of your starting line up last night. Dundee have spent the vast majority of my footballing life one or 2 leagues above us.

And I'm not saying he will make the grade but calling him shite after he's played 3 games. 30 minutes v Aberdeen where he could barely get a touch. 10 v Motherwell where he scored a goal and 30 v Dundee where his impact changed the game and he was an inch away from sealing a derby win is hardly fair or justified.

I'm not lauding him because he played for us. He changed the game, that's not hard to see. Yes he is a bit raw, he was playing junior football just a year and a half ago FFS he needs to be treated as if he's a young lad. He's got ONE year of proffesional football in him. Bit rich you laughing at him playing for Arbroath as well m8. Scott Bain - Alloa, Elgin. McGinn Queens Park, Dumbarton. Holt - QOTS. Julen - East Fife. Hemmings and Stewart - Cowdenbeath. That's just out of your starting line up last night. Dundee have spent the vast majority of my footballing life one or 2 leagues above us.

And I'm not saying he will make the grade but calling him shite after he's played 3 games. 30 minutes v Aberdeen where he could barely get a touch. 10 v Motherwell where he scored a goal and 30 v Dundee where his impact changed the game and he was an inch away from sealing a derby win is hardly fair or justified.

Are you his mum?

Sorry mrs Murray.

Archived