The Dundee United Derby, Tues 11 Aug 2015

I'm not lauding him because he played for us. He changed the game, that's not hard to see. Yes he is a bit raw, he was playing junior football just a year and a half ago FFS he needs to be treated as if he's a young lad. He's got ONE year of proffesional football in him. Bit rich you laughing at him playing for Arbroath as well m8. Scott Bain - Alloa, Elgin. McGinn Queens Park, Dumbarton. Holt - QOTS. Julen - East Fife. Hemmings and Stewart - Cowdenbeath. That's just out of your starting line up last night. Dundee have spent the vast majority of my footballing life one or 2 leagues above us.

And I'm not saying he will make the grade but calling him shite after he's played 3 games. 30 minutes v Aberdeen where he could barely get a touch. 10 v Motherwell where he scored a goal and 30 v Dundee where his impact changed the game and he was an inch away from sealing a derby win is hardly fair or justified.

I'm not laughing at him as he played for Arbroath. I'm laughing at you thinking he's great simply because he played for Arbroath. All of the players you've listed are miles, fucking miles ahead of Si. I've said as much to him too, I was happy when he, as a friend of mine, turned down Dundee. He isn't good enough.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not laughing at him as he played for Arbroath. I'm laughing at you thinking he's great simply because he played for Arbroath. All of the players you've listed are miles, fucking miles ahead of Si. I've said as much to him too, I was happy when he, as a friend of mine, turned down Dundee. He isn't good enough.

You better watch yourself at his wedding Deeboy. Mrs Murray will be fucking seething at these comments.

A bit difficult seeing as we are still on holiday.

:)

They're in 365 days a year special school care.

James McPake after his goal making a point of cupping his ears and going straight up to the dab in the crowd who wouldn't give him the ball and was giving him abuse when we were chasing the game - probably ironically contributing to the 4 mins injury time - is the best dose of TELT I've ever seen dished out on the football pitch. The boy must've been the most gutted guy in the stadium. Beautiful.

I've seen a lot of him, I know he's good enough to make it. In comparison to other players I've saw come from our level to the premier he's just as good if not better. The first half of last season he was absolutely phenomenal, that good Livingston and Aberdeen were making enquiries after pre season friendlies. I know it was the 4th tier but still.

We've had many guys play for us over the years and gone on to shine at a higher level, Kenny McLean, Craig Forsyth, Callum Booth and Lee Erwin the few that instantly spring to mind. Simon had just as big an impact on us as most of them did.

The second half of the season he was pretty shite, I think he was training too much. But I've seen him at his best and he definitely does have the ability to make it. He needs a run of games, treated like he is a young lad and a few things to go for him if he's going to be a success. I wouldn't rule him out after his 3 showings so far.

He was singled out for praise last night on radio scotland when driving home and he seems to have impressed the majority of my United supporting friends so far anyway.

Really Hope he does well, scores at dens then gives it a big GIRFUY to you in the Derry. :P

Simon Murray won't make it at United. Yes he scored 24 goals for us last year but he probably should have had near 40. He was always due missing a sitter at anytime.

He is a great guy though and he will give it everything. I genuinely wish him all the best butin my opinion he is a lower end championship striker at best.

And for what it's worth he in no way changed the game last night.

They're in 365 days a year special school care.

James McPake after his goal making a point of cupping his ears and going straight up to the dab in the crowd who wouldn't give him the ball and was giving him abuse when we were chasing the game - probably ironically contributing to the 4 mins injury time - is the best dose of TELT I've ever seen dished out on the football pitch. The boy must've been the most gutted guy in the stadium. Beautiful.

Is there a photo of this? Could do with getting rid of the Dark Blue Bodul from my profile pic.

Simon Murray won't make it at United. Yes he scored 24 goals for us last year but he probably should have had near 40. He was always due missing a sitter at anytime.

He is a great guy though and he will give it everything. I genuinely wish him all the best butin my opinion he is a lower end championship striker at best.

And for what it's worth he in no way changed the game last night.

His attitude is fantastic. I'm not saying he will make it, I just think he can

Disagree that he never changed the game though. Him and Erskine coming on made a massive difference.

In the 1st half the front 4 for United were non existent. They weren't doing anything with the ball or without the ball. Dundee had all the time in the world to play it out from the back. Thomson was dropping in and threading passes through Uniteds midfield to Hemmings/Ross and Stewart time and time again. When United changed it and brought Murray on he was buzzing about all over the place and making Dundee play it out quicker meaning United were winning the ball back more often.

Erskine was very good when he came on aswell. Done much more with the ball when he got it than Connolly did. As soon as they both came on United started having a lot of chances. 2 goals came after they came on aswell, when United never looked like doing anything at all when going forward in the 1st half.

Just my opinion though

Is there a photo of this? Could do with getting rid of the Dark Blue Bodul from my profile pic.

I haven't seen a pic of it but I was watching him go back after the carnage that ensued after the goal and he made a point of going straight for the tearful arabian despite it being almost an entire length of pitch run in a diagonal line from where he was celebrating the goal.

Davidy needs sacked if he didn't capture that image tbh.

Btw, I've never seen so many slide tackles in a game in years. All hard but fair, good old fashioned sliders. Magic.

Disagree that he never changed the game though. Him and Erskine coming on made a massive difference.

In the 1st half the front 4 for United were non existent. They weren't doing anything with the ball or without the ball. Dundee had all the time in the world to play it out from the back. Thomson was dropping in and threading passes through Uniteds midfield to Hemmings/Ross and Stewart time and time again. When United changed it and brought Murray on he was buzzing about all over the place and making Dundee play it out quicker meaning United were winning the ball back more often.

Erskine was very good when he came on aswell. Done much more with the ball when he got it than Connolly did. As soon as they both came on United started having a lot of chances. 2 goals came after they came on aswell, when United never looked like doing anything at all when going forward in the 1st half.

Just my opinion though

He's shite mate.

He's very fast. Very very fast. That's it. He's a shite Martin Boyle. Championship player on a good day!

I hope he goes on to have a successful career - always good to see Dundonians getting on well.- but it will be at a lower level than the top flight. .

Just my opinion though

So you are saying he came on and ran about. This changing the game?

As a neutral I thought it was a great game. McPake was like a statue for first United goal but made up for it by sneaking the equaliser at the death. Murray did look a wee bit headless chicken but certainly put pressure on the Dundee defence. I can see a whole bunch of teams of teams being very difficult to separate over the course of the season and it will probably come down to who has the greatest squad depth and hits it luckier with injuries as to who gets the European slots. looking forward to it.

So you are saying he came on and ran about. This changing the game?

The moment KT went off, the game swung in United's favour. It was said before he went off, whilst he was walking off and it turned out to be the case. Out of the two who come on, it would have been Erskine who made the bigger difference as where he was operating/gargoyling.

I've seen Murray play for less than 90 mins so I don't feel in a position to predict how his career will go.

I defer to Dundee fans and their greater knowledge and experience of players who aren't good enough for the top level.

We've seen Martin Boyle. It's basically the same thing.

Archived