Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell 12/08/15

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start of the rotation way of things on Wednesday night me thinks.

Fancy Reilly will start in place of Sow and Nicholson to come in for Buaben (who doesn't look 100% fit yet imho).

Fingers crossed we can pick up the three points and kick right on.

Motherwell are going to be an odd team to predict this season. Likely to get beat at home off Kilmarnock then spank Aberdeen away.

It's an absolute fucking embarrassment (if you're a Dundee fan).

After being told that Aberdeen and St.Johnstone take 'bigger numbers than Hearts' to Dens Park, I was just about to post the crowds in Dundee v Aberdeen and Dundee v St Johnstone games from last season until HRH stole my thunder and closed the thread.

Dundee v Aberdeen 29th November 2014. Attendance 5956

Dundee v Aberdeen 16th May 2015. Attendance 6434

Dundee v St Johnstone 8th November 2014. Attendance 6931

Dundee v St Johnstone 25th April 2015. Attendance 6530

For any Dundee fan looking in, I'd say that puts that myth to bed.

After being told that Aberdeen and St.Johnstone take 'bigger numbers than Hearts' to Dens Park, I was just about to post the crowds in Dundee v Aberdeen and Dundee v St Johnstone games from last season until HRH stole my thunder and closed the thread.

Dundee v Aberdeen 29th November 2014. Attendance 5956

Dundee v Aberdeen 16th May 2015. Attendance 6434

Dundee v St Johnstone 8th November 2014. Attendance 6931

Dundee v St Johnstone 25th April 2015. Attendance 6530

For any Dundee fan looking in, I'd say that puts that myth to bed.

Will we just ignore the fact that this was our first home game of the season and a home sellout bar 200 tickets. None of those games were.

We'll also ignore that I said St Johnstone take only slightly less.

We will also ignore the first Aberdeen home tie which had a bigger crowd obv. Oh and the fact that the 2 figures you have used were a cup tie and an end of season dead rubber.

Apart from that your right mate!

Will we just ignore the fact that this was our first home game of the season and a home sellout bar 200 tickets. None of those games were.

We'll also ignore that I said St Johnstone take only slightly less.

We will also ignore the first Aberdeen home tie which had a bigger crowd obv. Oh and the fact that the 2 figures you have used were a cup tie and an end of season dead rubber.

Apart from that your right mate!

Dundee v Aberdeen on March 2015 attendance 7014 :P

The 5956 who turned up on November 29th were at a cup tie. Low crowd was due to the U2 concert on the same night at Tannadice obviously.

2 heroic clubs in Scottish football. We kept Sevco down

Juanma.png

I've heard Motherwell are giving us a guard of honour, then everyone is going back off before the Hearts players return onto the pitch to give Motherwell a guard of honour back on to it.

:whistle

Try October 2014 you utter roaster. I said first game. It's not that hard.

Interesting to see the attendances fit our remaining meetings at Dens.

With the next Dundee v Hearts league game at Dens being in March, it'll be a dead rubber for you by then.

Your logic suggests a 6000 crowd, with 2/3rds being Hearts fans.

With the next Dundee v Hearts league game at Dens being in March, it'll be a dead rubber for you by then.

Your logic suggests a 6000 crowd, with 2/3rds being Hearts fans.

It's really simple. Outwith the derbies we won't see a home crowd that size again. You benefitted from a good win for us opening day and the first home game of the season boosting the overall attendance.

Aberdeen, Utd and Celtic sell out the shankly every game without fail and often sell out the overflow. You didn't even come close.

To be fair, if utds season goes the way many expect you will see them fail to sell out the shankly like they used to in the early 00s but even then it'll be closer to capacity than your frankly disappointing effort.

PS sorry Motherwell fans but a Jambo mod locked the appropriate thread for this when the gorgie support was highlighted as less than expected. I'll be off now!

It's really simple. Outwith the derbies we won't see a home crowd that size again. You benefitted from a good win for us opening day and the first home game of the season boosting the overall attendance.

Aberdeen, Utd and Celtic sell out the shankly every game without fail and often sell out the overflow. You didn't even come close.

To be fair, if utds season goes the way many expect you will see them fail to sell out the shankly like they used to in the early 00s but even then it'll be closer to capacity than your frankly disappointing effort.

^^^^owned^^^^ :P

I take it you've ran out of whataboutery? Fair do's.

No really, but If Aberdeen DO and St.Johnstone now NEARLY take a bigger away support than Hearts, by saying Saturday was the biggest crowd you'll get at Dens this season (outwith DUFC) then you are either contradicting yourself, or your already paltry support is going to reduce significantly until you start playing your 'dead rubbers' in February/March time.

Like I said previously ^^^^^Owned^^^^^ :P

No really, but If Aberdeen DO and St.Johnstone now NEARLY take a bigger away support than Hearts, by saying Saturday was the biggest crowd you'll get at Dens this season (outwith DUFC) then you are either contradicting yourself, or your already paltry support is going to reduce significantly until you start playing your 'dead rubbers' in February/March time.

Like I said previously ^^^^^Owned^^^^^ :P

Quote where I initially said St Johnstone bring more please.

Quote where I said it will be the biggest crowd as well. I said it will be the biggest home crowd, and gave reasons for that. You are obviously upset at the poor numbers. Don't be mate.

They were good numbers, just not as good as 3 other teams! Nothing to be ashamed of.

Archived