Dunfermline v Cowdenbeath, Sat 15th Aug

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being late doesn't make it a red. Didn't look to be high or dangerous so can't see how the ref has classed that as serious foul play.

Because it was more or less off the ball, I think to simply call it late isn't quite getting across the amount of time that passed between Williamson releasing the ball and Johnston randomly tackling him.

He knew the ball wasn't there, he could easily have pulled out, he just didn't. Absolutely head loss moment which was fully deserving of the red.

That was like a training game for Dunfermline today , we were lucky not to have conceded more .

The game was over after ten minutes. I have never seen such a poor defensive performance in senior football. The correct substitution was made at half time but by then it was far too late, but at least we tried to make a game of it second half.

Robbie played his heart out and on another day would have scored a couple. Only him and Deano got pass marks.

Felt sorry for our keeper he was left exposed for ever goal first half and did make some good saves second half but I'm still not sure him. We have too many players who aren't good enough sadly.

Stranraer got humped at home today too which is a bit worrying.

This is going to be a long hard season.

Well done Dunfermline that's the best Pars team I've seen for a wee while. Moffat scoring too was a real kick in the nuts.

Good first half from us, and when the movement up front is as good as it has been, defences will struggle against it. Cowden were utterly dreadful at the back though, there's no getting away from that. Goals 2 and 4 in particular were defended terribly. Some good showings throughout the team for us today, and in that first half Cowden just couldn't cope with it. Nice to see us scoring loads of goals at the start of the season, particularly so after the utterly miserable second half of last season, but definitely much harder games to come.

Maybe not as bad as it seems. Pars are light years ahead in fitness but the part time outfits will catch up after about 6 or 7 games.

Transfer window has another couple of weeks so time to get players in,more specifically defenders.

Not time to press the panic button yet.

Back to the cocktails now !

. Enjoy work on Monday ya townie no life's.

I actually thought Johnston was our best player today all things considered. Let himself down badly - can see why it was a red.

Robbie Buchanan was our best player by a long shot. Like I said last week, he'll be a big player for us this season.

Lots of poor performances all over the park but I was most disappointed by Colin Nish. He is the manager of the club and supposed to lead by example. In the first half, he was chasing a Dunfermline player who he had no chance of catching so just swiped his legs to earn himself a booking - stupid. After CJ's sending off, Deano was raging. It was Scullion and Kane that pulled him away and calmed him down while Nish just stood there with his hands on his hips. Take control of your team!!!

The defence was woeful but Andrews had ANOTHER poor game. His decision making and positioning is atrocious. We have been blessed with great keepers in recent years (Thomson, Flynn and Hay) but Andrews is one of the worst I can remember.

The game is over at 4 nil. Half time team talk has to be about trying to win the 2nd half, make the score more respectable, show some pride etc. under no circumstances does anyone get sent off when the result is already long decided.

Craig Johnstone, as a pro that's disgraceful. I don't give a sh1t if he feels the a red wasn't justified, you don't give the ref the opportunity.

Pub team actions.

The game is over at 4 nil. Half time team talk has to be about trying to win the 2nd half, make the score more respectable, show some pride etc. under no circumstances does anyone get sent off when the result is already long decided.

Craig Johnstone, as a pro that's disgraceful. I don't give a sh1t if he feels the a red wasn't justified, you don't give the ref the opportunity.

Pub team actions.

He is young and rash and will,learn from it.

We need a couple of central defenders. Chopper is overweight and kenny maybe isn't injured but he isn't fit. Couple of loans in that area and we can kick start the season.

My mate knows big Dodds at Brechin and he said he feared meeting pars so soon. They had 12 sessions together while pars had probably 4 times that. Part time teams will catch up fitness wise as games go on.

Just a bad draw we got pars twice at start of season.

Season starts next week.

Maybe not as bad as it seems. Pars are light years ahead in fitness but the part time outfits will catch up after about 6 or 7 games.

Transfer window has another couple of weeks so time to get players in,more specifically defenders.

Not time to press the panic button yet.

Back to the cocktails now !

. Enjoy work on Monday ya townie no life's.

Aye, your 7 (seven) -1 defeat wasn't as bad as it seemed, could easily have been double figures from the mighty DAFC.

Pub team actions.

Ali spot on and hopefully a lesson he learns.

Robbie Buchanan was our best player by a long shot. Like I said last week, he'll be a big player for us this season.

Lots of poor performances all over the park but I was most disappointed by Colin Nish. He is the manager of the club and supposed to lead by example. In the first half, he was chasing a Dunfermline player who he had no chance of catching so just swiped his legs to earn himself a booking - stupid. After CJ's sending off, Deano was raging. It was Scullion and Kane that pulled him away and calmed him down while Nish just stood there with his hands on his hips. Take control of your team!!!

The defence was woeful but Andrews had ANOTHER poor game. His decision making and positioning is atrocious. We have been blessed with great keepers in recent years (Thomson, Flynn and Hay) but Andrews is one of the worst I can remember.

My mate sitting next to me at the game made that point at the sending off actually - you'd be looking for your manager to show some leadership there.

The game is over at 4 nil. Half time team talk has to be about trying to win the 2nd half, make the score more respectable, show some pride etc.

Nish went with a very attacking line up from the start with four strikers (Nish, Buchanan, Spence and Johnson) all on the pitch. I know we didn't have many options on the bench but surely one or two of the strikers should have been sacrificed for another midfielder to try and tighten us up? When it goes to four or five nil, you need to go into prevention mode but we just kept trying to attack and getting caught out on the counter.

Does Nicholson or Toorie have the authority to make decisions from the bench or does it all have to come from Nish?

Nish is having a nightmare start. Things need to change quickly so we have to be hard to beat as a priority,especially away from home.

Team was way too open today.

Signings need to step up or we are down.

Keeper - poor kicking, below average shot stopping

Left back - poor defensively especially aerially

Centre half - needs a fit partner to properly judge

Orrit(rm) - is he so poor can't even get off the bench for Johnstone?

Spence- league 2 bound with or without us, over rated

Armstrong - is he so poor can't get off thr bench for Nish?

Buchanan - our best player at the moment. If we struggle no doubt hearts will recall him in jan and put him out to a championship side.

Nish as gaffer making mistakes. Told kenny last week didn't want to throw him in as he hadn't played any games pre season, so waits til today, the worst game possible, to throw him in.

Even then you would say, ok Kennys first game, let's help protect the defence and play a tight compact defensive shape for the first half hour and see how we go. But no, you could have got the QE2 down the middle of our defence/midfield for the first goal after 2 mins! There was 3 of the townie gits there in space to score it.

Shambolic.

Archived