Scottish Amateur Sunday Trophy 2015/16

Eye Valley

Aw right. They were a decent side. Boy in middle of the park. Longish hair was good. Other boy was too but a bit mental ha. They had ex Queen of the south striker up top.

Chris mclenagan plays middle park.... A lovely footballer. Should be playing at a level. John Stewart (budgie) up top. The lad pele is just a complete handful, when he's on its hard to get near him. Great player.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played last season with Kings Arms from Dumfries Sunday league. But folded at end of season. Play with Normandy Star now in same league. We played Carluke last year game before cellar bar up there. Great pitch/stadium!

Be a massive ask for cranhill to get ther this year i captained the side in past 2 finals and after winning last season ther is only 4 bodys from the side got us to final past couple of years. Pritty much a new rebuild for the managers but defo think this could be year for castlemilk dynamo

Be a massive ask for cranhill to get ther this year i captained the side in past 2 finals and after winning last season ther is only 4 bodys from the side got us to final past couple of years. Pritty much a new rebuild for the managers but defo think this could be year for castlemilk dynamo

why is that don? do the lads not want to try and retain or have they moved away from amateur or concentrating on saturdays?

Most us all play sats and just alot for some lads to try do both days and stay commited to Sundays i still go and help them out when possible but its a big rebuild for cranhill be a big ask to get ther for a 3rd season in a row

Cheers tynie1874. Let me know what they are like.

We got pumped 11-2, I played outfield as we where short on players but probably wouldn't have competed regardless. We did take the lead and held them for 20minutes.

Their pitch is the worst I've played on on a hill that is unreal. And there has been badgers or whatever there called digging holes so they where covered with sand and was probably dangerous to play on.

Their strikers are different class, they where surprisingly missing 4 defenders apparently. Tall lad in midfield has a bit class about him too.

We got pumped 11-2, I played outfield as we where short on players but probably wouldn't have competed regardless. We did take the lead and held them for 20minutes.

Their pitch is the worst I've played on on a hill that is unreal. And there has been badgers or whatever there called digging holes so they where covered with sand and was probably dangerous to play on.

Their strikers are different class, they where surprisingly missing 4 defenders apparently. Tall lad in midfield has a bit class about him too.

To be fair its hard to judge as castle united are murder, their in second division in the poorer of the edinburgh leagues and have played 4 lost 4 so id expect any semi decent side to beat you.

Be interested to see what scoreline is when you play gartcairn as they are a good side!

Only just won in the Scottish due to me in goals, beat a team from Livi.

Have a mob from Airdrie in the next round.

Like a said we where short on players and I played outfield and I'd like to think scoreline would have been less had I been in the sticks.

They do love to shell the ball tho I'll gee them that and a wee diag worked wonders as well.

Only just won in the Scottish due to me in goals, beat a team from Livi.

Have a mob from Airdrie in the next round.

Like a said we where short on players and I played outfield and I'd like to think scoreline would have been less had I been in the sticks.

They do love to shell the ball tho I'll gee them that and a wee diag worked wonders as well.

To be fair you scraped by a very poor highland park in their first season 2-1, gartcairn from airdrie used to be cellar bar and are better than anything in that edinburgh league so will see standard wise the difference!

Unless luck of draw and even then i dont see a team from edsafa making the quarters, lothian utd and salters may well by folks opinions on here but thats only edinburgh teams thatll get close

My team are mince I'm just helping out, mate played eos and lowland(couple games) if that's the case I look forward to a trouncing.

Don't know much about amateur teams tbh.

Whyd you not play at good level amateur then ? My saturday team beat an eos side quite comfortably and were nowhere near the best amateur side so amateur standard is similar standard to eos

Whyd you not play at good level amateur then ? My saturday team beat an eos side quite comfortably and were nowhere near the best amateur side so amateur standard is similar standard to eos

Banned for 4weeks sat amateur, just not got around to getting it dealt with. Supposed to be signing for Coldstream.

Suppose there's not much difference but Leith Lothian probably the best of really poor standard.

Same case with my club and some EOS teams both last year and this year so far Coldstream being one of the teams we beat.

So Rosewell Miners were decent then Tynie1874. Look forward to playing them. Altho done my ankle on Sunday and could be race against time to be fit!!

Thought they had a couple decent players. Their captain was really good, used the ball well.

Thought they had a couple decent players. Their captain was really good, used the ball well.

Big pencil is quality, ex juniors and it shows. Rosewell are a good honest team, top lads and won't embarrass themselves against anyone. But they, like most in Edinburgh, except one or two, are no where near good enough to win it.

Archived