The Blue Brazil vs The Primrose & Red Argentina

A shocker of a start to big Nishy's career in management, but the Cowden point of view will be that the home games against Darren Young's whipping boys are their easiest league matches of the season. A poor result for them here could be the ultimate bad omen.

Rovers must see this as a winnable game, too: our hosts have been on the end of some serious drubbings already, and I think they already have two first team players suspended for red cards. We can take advantage of that ill-discipline, if ex-Brazilian John Gemmell is available to play. He's the ideal man to play from the start and wind up the opposition.

Without JG, here's how the expected ARFC line-up looks:

Stewart

Reid Dunlop Dunlop Turnbull

Young Davidson

Mullin McRobbie Love

McFadden

Bench: Lochhead & Trialist. :unsure:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An important game for Cowden given our lack of points. I have no clue as to how this game will go but it will be good to see big Gemmel again. I would be surprised if he doesn't score against us and I will have a laugh thinking about his drunken song about Danny Lennon which caused his departure from Cowden if he plays. I always liked Gemmel when he played for us but he sounds like a bit of a nightmare from a managers point of view.

Hoping for a positive result but not hugely confident. Watching us play Albion again will be a nice reminder of the good old bad old days.

One of the games been looking forward to because we no players wee Rovers for abit.

This is a game that will show how the season could shape up thought we where unlucky against Stranraer at home so hope we can gets points on the board

Andrews

Brett Donaldson Scullion Kenny

Orritt Milne Kane Mo

Armstrong Spence

Nish on bench to see what we need then come on last 30 mins if needed

Other subs from players not injuried or suspended

One of the games been looking forward to because we no players wee Rovers for abit.

This is a game that will show how the season could shape up thought we where unlucky against Stranraer at home so hope we can gets points on the board

Andrews

Brett Donaldson Scullion Kenny

Orritt Milne Kane Mo

Armstrong Spence

Nish on bench to see what we need then come on last 30 mins if needed

Other subs from players not injuried or suspended

Were you at thegame yesterday? If not watch the highlights.

Yep stayed to the end thanks. If you watch the highlights can see me sitting just down from steward about 830 just before scullion lashes it into the net.

You ?

Yes I was there. Was confused by your selection . First half goals all defensive mistakes. Kenny is nowhere near the player he was, don't know if he is carrying an injury. Robbie was our best player by some way.

Yes I was there. Was confused by your selection . First half goals all defensive mistakes. Kenny is nowhere near the player he was, don't know if he is carrying an injury. Robbie was our best player by some way.

Forgot about Buchanan him for Armstrong then.Kenny not had a lot of game time so off the pace and it showed sat

I remember seeing us beat Albion Rovers 7-1 once, although it was back in 1978 :lol:

I remember that one. A low sun in the second half and the Albion keeper couldn't see the ball in the air. We fired them in from all angles.

Strangely we had been beaten 4-3 by them at Cliftonhill the Wednesday before.

Nuthin strange aboot that. A win is a necessity on Saturday tho.

Archived