St Johnstone FC versus Motherwell FC

I thought there were so many bad choices made by the players all over the park , for the first 30 minutes, Muzz was the only one showing any appetite or commitment, but Macca had two great efforts that on an other day could've turned the game. Second half was much more on the front foot, especially when Spoony came on and added some energy,the midfield that finished is our best imo, and I'm not sure Swanson has the engine/ strength of Spoony

Does Spoony play like that every week though?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No good reason at all for Lappin and Scobbie to be starting that game. Nonsense from Tommy.

I didn't think we were all that bad first 60 mins, just pretty one paced and dodgy at the back.

Much improved when Spoony came on though, and MacLean had his first effective game for a long time, good to see.

Has Tommy banned Shaughnessy from crossing the halfway line?

Going to set up a kickstarter in which we attempt to buy out Scobbie's contract and ship him to Siberia

Liked and shared

I take it that this is a wind up Widge

Nope. He did absolutely nothing of note in the first half, except for the fact he was being lazy when we didn't have the ball. So much so Mackay had a go at him. Sure he got to the byline a few times and indeed one created the goal, but that was easily his worst performance of the season.

He needs to learn to pass the ball more, still. He can't beat 3/4 players every time. He lost it more than he went round folk today.

That's just not true, he must have beat his man down the line and put a ball into the box about 5 times, one of which was the goal.

Defensively I would agree he was poor, but tracking back and concentration are always going to be issues with him.

However, if he creates that many chances it definitely outweighs the weaknesses in his game. Unfortunately some people will prefer the likes of Davidson because he runs around a lot and chucks himself about, despite being a player who is supposed to be an attacking midfielder but creates next to nothing.

Maybe controversial but I thought O'Halloran was shite today.

#Hipster #RGhyperbole

I actually agree. so if you could send him over to Fir Park that would be appreciated.

1st 40 minutes good. Next 60 minutes pathetic.

Barra is a clown. Jake Taylor an imposter and Thomson an inept pr1ck. Booking Taylor for stopping a/quick free kick and allowing exactly same incident to go unpunished for St Johnstone player. No bearing on result just highlights how inconsistently shite our refs are.

Relegation battle is back on for this season

That's just not true, he must have beat his man down the line and put a ball into the box about 5 times, one of which was the goal.

Defensively I would agree he was poor, but tracking back and concentration are always going to be issues with him.

However, if he creates that many chances it definitely outweighs the weaknesses in his game. Unfortunately some people will prefer the likes of Davidson because he runs around a lot and chucks himself about, despite being a player who is supposed to be an attacking midfielder but creates next to nothing.

Agree about Muzz, outwith the charging into tackles hes contributing little. Hes still the best option beside Millar, but can be so much better than just a destroyer.

Can be excused since hes still working his way back into playing every week though.

To an extent, but he's never really reached the heights of that one really good season he had under Lomas. I'm not sure he has it in him anymore; I think he's at the stage where his current level of performance is 'who he is'.

Agree about Muzz, outwith the charging into tackles hes contributing little. Hes still the best option beside Millar, but can be so much better than just a destroyer.

Can be excused since hes still working his way back into playing every week though.

Think people completely miss the point with Muzz. An attacking midfielder he is not and hasn't been for years but he bursts guts over 90 minutes, breaking things up and generally being a complete nuisance for the opposition.

Without him we are a much weaker side.

Archived