St Johnstone FC versus Motherwell FC

I've still not seen Taylor yet but from reading the last three match threads he's not made a good start/he's being played out of position.

I'm not panicking yet hearts game aside we could have got something from the other three games we lost. Will hopefully pick up a few wins now we have an easier run of fixtures

Yeh I feel the same, we've shown in spells like the first half yesterday that we're a decent team. If we lose to Killie I'll definitely start to worry a bit more.

Yesterday was a really strange game and I walked out very frustrated. I felt the game was there to be won especially after the first half so to come away with nothing was very frustrating. Lasley was pretty good in the first half I thought but our midfield seemed to vanish into thin air around the 55 minute mark.

Saints certainly improved, the Wotherspoon sub made a difference but we seem to have no ability to whether the good spell saints were going to have after half time. It wasn't due to silly individual mistakes which often catch us, it just seemed like utter ineptitude in defence. Like how easily did Law get beaten for the first?

Then of course there was Baraclough's subs. Ainsworth and McDonald going off effectively eliminated our attacking threat completely and going down to 10 with the, again disappointing, Taylor getting sent off didn't help.

Plus points for us, I thought Louis Moult was really good. Lots of effort, some good touches and got his goal. Chalmers also looked decent when he came on. Pass marks for Ainsworth, Johnson and McDonald too.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if he could, why would he appeal? It was the most obvious dive you're ever likely to see.

I was sitting right behind the goal and yes there was contact, not much but yes there was. Where were you sitting? TV evidence is inconclusive.

His first booking was also farcical. The ball wasn't even stationary. In any event you'll see the same offence being committed several times during games. The last time I saw a card for this "type of situation" was for Keith Lasley who took the free kick, hitting an opponent, who refused to retreat with the ball!

All very well but who exactly do we bring in?

McDonald drops back into midfield :ph34r: (this is a terrible idea, I know. if it happens I'll really start to worry).

Tbh, the obvious choice would be the same switch as we made against Aberdeen, Cadden in for Taylor.

Just watched the highlight of the game there. If we persist in playing Josh Law at right-back, we're fucked. His "defending" in the lead up to MacLean's first is embarassing. Genuinely fucking abysmal.

2-year contract as well. Fucking hell.

Presumably was distracted by the offer from a league one club in England received on Friday. Could explain if he was having an off game.

EAT O'Halloran that is.

Having an off game, yet still sets up the winner with a mazy and a great ball to Maclean.

He's just that damn good.

Just watched the highlight of the game there. If we persist in playing Josh Law at right-back, we're fucked. His "defending" in the lead up to MacLean's first is embarassing. Genuinely fucking abysmal.

2-year contract as well. Fucking hell.

Agreed. He was culpable for both United and Aberdeen's first goals, he was the first defender and failed to clear both crosses (also gave away the free kick for Aberdeen's 2nd) and obviously didn't show up well on Saturday. It's not even like it's just an off day, the issue for me is that he's consistently making the same mistakes.

The fact that Laing is getting having to cover his position can't be helping either. If you go through the other goals we've conceded (Hearts 2nd, St Johnstone's 2nd for example) have a look at him positionally in both those cases he's stood marking no one while Laing's having to cover 2 players.

post-26104-0-14012800-1440416604_thumb.j

post-26104-0-90465800-1440416635_thumb.j

Archived