Dumbarton v.s. Queens

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big question is which Queens will turn up. We are more than capable of winning this but we could also lose heavily. We'll have to try and keep the shackles on Willie.

evening gents. Me and a few of the lads at work have decided to all adopt a championship scottish side this year, so we all drew names out of a hat and I`ve now become Dumbarton fan. The rule is we`ve also got to decorate our works desk with stuff relating to our adopted team and will be quizing each other on club history etc every week..We`ve obviously had a little bet as to who`s going to finish highest, so whats my chances then Lads.

I`m from north yorkshire by the way and am a Leeds fan so used to being dissapointed when it comes to football

The big question is which Queens will turn up. We are more than capable of winning this but we could also lose heavily. We'll have to try and keep the shackles on Willie.

If the Queens that lose heavily turn up it will be a bit of a shock considering it hasn't happened (or looked like happening) once this season, or at all under Fowler except against Hearts.

evening gents. Me and a few of the lads at work have decided to all adopt a championship scottish side this year, so we all drew names out of a hat and I`ve now become Dumbarton fan. The rule is we`ve also got to decorate our works desk with stuff relating to our adopted team and will be quizing each other on club history etc every week..We`ve obviously had a little bet as to who`s going to finish highest, so whats my chances then Lads.

I`m from north yorkshire by the way and am a Leeds fan so used to being dissapointed when it comes to football

Who was fortunate enough to draw the only team in the bible the Queen of the South?

lets hope not, I`ll get a nice little pay day if we finish top two

I wouldn't get your hopes up :lol:

Finishing around 7th would be a successful season for us and I'd imagine that's the manager's aim. We're one of only two part-time teams in the league which can make things difficult (despite our excellent start).

One thing I can promise you is golden #bantz and some of the soundest c***s in Scottish fitba. The gods have given you a gift in that sense, embrace it.

If the Queens that lose heavily turn up it will be a bit of a shock considering it hasn't happened (or looked like happening) once this season, or at all under Fowler except against Hearts.

And there was a 3-0 at Raith at the back end of last season that could have finished double that in the last 10 minutes. Your point stands though. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest we can expect to lose heavily. Lose narrowly quite possibly but a heavy defeat would be a major surprise.

Anything you need. Head over to sons sorrow topic.

Nothing wrong with being a Leeds fan, AND a Dumbarton fan. Welcome aboard.

Oh, and M.OT. I'm one as well.

I`m from north yorkshire by the way and am a Leeds fan so used to being disappointed when it comes to football

I bought a Leeds top last week, must be quite something to support not one, but two of footballs biggest fallen giants. At least we're slowly clambering back up.

If you've got any questions about DFC then just ask, I'm pretty decent with recent history and there's fans on here who've been watching us since we were formed (in 1872)*

*This may be a slight exaggeration. But there's a fair number of old boys about!

I bought a Leeds top last week, must be quite something to support not one, but two of footballs biggest fallen giants. At least we're slowly clambering back up.

If you've got any questions about DFC then just ask, I'm pretty decent with recent history and there's fans on here who've been watching us since we were formed (in 1872)*

*This may be a slight exaggeration. But there's a fair number of old boys about!

So then, which Dumbarton player departed Boghead for Elland Road for £15K in the early 1980's ?

So then, which Dumbarton player departed Boghead for Elland Road for £15K in the early 1980's ?

I said recent history! My Dad would've been 19 when John Donnelly made the switch :lol:

E.T.A Correction, he'd have been 19!

Archived