Defence - who defends Scotland?

Mr Rational

Apparently it can disable all electrics on a warship needing it to be completely rewired. I'm sure Russia has already disabled a US ship via this method. It had to get towed back to port.

Wouldn't surprise if that's part of reason for bettering relations with Iran as they developed it.

There's no evidence for this. If it's the USS Donald Cook incident you mean it just headed off for its scheduled visit to Constanza in Romania under its own steam. The jamming system the Russian fighters are supposed to have used when buzzing the ship is conventional technology and there's no way they would tried it out on an American ship so the Yanks would get a full idea of its capabilities and develop countermeasures. The Russians are trying to persuade countries like Poland that buying American anti missile technology would be useless as they've got a magic box that could render them useless, and Western nut job sites lap it up as gospel truth.

P.S. Here's an article about the Iranian scientist who supposedly invented "Magrav technology". http://pesn.com/2014/04/20/9602473_Mehran-Tavakoli-Keshe_Announces_He-is-Messiah/

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no evidence for this. If it's the USS Donald Cook incident you mean it just headed off for its scheduled visit to Constanza in Romania under its own steam. The jamming system the Russian fighters are supposed to have used when buzzing the ship is conventional technology and there's no way they would tried it out on an American ship so the Yanks would get a full idea of its capabilities and develop countermeasures. The Russians are trying to persuade countries like Poland that buying American anti missile technology would be useless as they've got a magic box that could render them useless, and Western nut job sites lap it up as gospel truth.

P.S. Here's an article about the Iranian scientist who supposedly invented "Magrav technology". http://pesn.com/2014/04/20/9602473_Mehran-Tavakoli-Keshe_Announces_He-is-Messiah/

Maybe so. Like I said, I don't know much about it but you did ask.

Apparently it can disable all electrics on a warship needing it to be completely rewired. I'm sure Russia has already disabled a US ship via this method. It had to get towed back to port.

Wouldn't surprise if that's part of reason for bettering relations with Iran as they developed it.

Maybe Renton will know more about it. I've only ever heard about in relation to taking out warships. I think there could be possibly lots of uses for it in the future.

It's a pile of pish, basically.

As for relations with Iran, that's more to do with prosaic considerations such as ISIS and the risks inherent in Israel and Iran facing off with nukes.

Aye but Afghanistan is beacon of democracy now and the opium trade hasn't increased in the slightest :rolleyes:

Afghanistan is a significantly better place now than when the Taliban were in charge. Particularly for women.

So yes, thanks for spotting that barista-in-training.

It's a pile of pish, basically.

As for relations with Iran, that's more to do with prosaic considerations such as ISIS and the risks inherent in Israel and Iran facing off with nukes.

Does it not exist at all then or what ?

Governments, observer NGOs, the United Nations, the European Union, NATO, the victims of their systemic human rights abuses. They all say that they're dictators. And they're right. Ducks waddle and quack. At absolutely no point has anyone on this thread suggested that "the US" is the arbiter of what constitutes a dictator or a just war..

Using a recent Amnesty International report I tried to come up with a list of dictatorships and human rights abusers which we should be bombing but it was taking too long.

You live in an absolute delusion where Britannia can do no wrong.

Here's a better idea - try naming a single notable achievement of the Liberal Democrats in their entire history as a political party?

George Osbourne has announced a massive investment of £500 million in Faslane that will create 1500 new jobs. Except the money will be spread over ten years, so it's really £50 million. And the jobs won't all be there till 2022, so that's about 215 jobs. Cheers George, of course we'll be happy to store your nuclear stockpile 30 miles from our biggest city. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-34101989

Big political decision from Osbourne. They can always find money for weapons of mass destruction.

I assume Scottish Labour will support this.

He is sticking to the nato commitment of spending at least 2% gdp on defence as he said he would in his budget so its hardly a big or unexpected decision,am sure it will piss off the snp but that is expected when it comes to trident and its cost/location etc.

He is sticking to the nato commitment of spending at least 2% gdp on defence as he said he would in his budget so its hardly a big or unexpected decision,am sure it will piss off the snp but that is expected when it comes to trident and its cost/location etc.

title%20Edward%20Dmytryk%20Obsession%20D

And of course it will help speed up the break up of the United Kingdom.

I'm sure NATO would prefer it to be spent elsewhere to be honest.

Archived