By election updates

Mr Rational

Surely any non-parliamentary votes are free? They're just between voter and ballot box.

What this does show is that there is a core British nationalist element in Scotland that does not care who governs in Holyrood, or according to which principles, or which ideology they govern by - as long as it's a party which will not allow questioning of Scotland's status as an incorporated region of the U.K., anything goes.

And they claim SNP supporters only care about one thing ...

The SNP would never have had record breaking political success without a section of unionism voting for them, even in the May election.

Strange as it seems, take away the referendum and your average Scottish unionist in a working class area might see the SNP as their party of choice.

Doubtful if even the biggest Uber Unionists didn't have YES voting family and friends.

The SNP would never have had record breaking political success without a section of unionism voting for them, even in the May election.

Strange as it seems, take away the referendum and your average Scottish unionist in a working class area might see the SNP as their party of choice.

Doubtful if even the biggest Uber Unionists didn't have YES voting family and friends.

For sure there will be regionalists who rejected independence but would vote SNP (after all, I'm sure there are many who voted "No" and previously voted Labour before switching to SNP, but who would still refuse Scotland's sovereignty until the "Yes" campaign can convince them that the sky won't fall without Westminster).

I was referring to the core British Nationalist vote - the type who troll the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon's Twitter and Facebook pages, calling people Nazis, screaming that Scotland has been "divided" by evil nationalism and emblazoning their profiles with Union Jacks.

Ask these people who'd they'd rather see in Holyrood and they invariably don't give a flying f**k as long as it's a party that will never, ever question UK sovereignty and British hegemony.

Edited by Antlion

For sure there will be regionalists who rejected independence but would vote SNP (after all, I'm sure there are many who voted "No" and previously voted Labour before switching to SNP, but who would still refuse Scotland's sovereignty until the "Yes" campaign can convince them that the sky won't fall without Westminster).

I was referring to the core British Nationalist vote - the type who troll the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon's Twitter and Facebook pages, calling people Nazis, screaming that Scotland has been "divided" by evil nationalism and emblazoning their profiles with Union Jacks.

Ask these people who'd they'd rather see in Holyrood and they invariably don't give a flying f**k as long as it's a party that will never, ever question UK sovereignty and British hegemony.

True enough.

I take it there hasn't been any by elections recently

Jesus, I'm taking time out from here for a while and now I fully understand why.

What an absolute fucking pollution Oaksoft is. With that amount of perma rage in him he must be due to check in at the local psychiatric hospital soon.

There is absolutely no question that he keeps being overtaken in his work by younger, more gifted individuals...and it really pisses him off

His keyboard must have been taking a fair old pounding.

I take it there hasn't been any by elections recently

Jesus, I'm taking time out from here for a while and now I fully understand why.

What an absolute fucking pollution Oaksoft is. With that amount of perma rage in him he must be due to check in at the local psychiatric hospital soon.

There is absolutely no question that he keeps being overtaken in his work by younger, more gifted individuals...and it really pisses him off

His keyboard must have been taking a fair old pounding.

His SHIFT and 1 keys must be an absolute fucking state.

• 2 weeks later...

Rosyth (Fife) by-election result: SNP 45.2% (+9.4) LAB 34.5% (-13.2) CON 9.1% (+3.3) LDEM 3.6% (-3.5) UKIP 3.3% (+0.7) IND 2.5% (+2.5)

Dunfermline North (Fife) by-election result: SNP 43.5% (+11.9) LAB 29.6% (-18.7) CON 12.5% (+5.9) LDEM 9.5% (-4.1) GRN 2.6% (+2.6) UKIP 2.4%

The Only Show In Town just keeps rolling

photo-333.png?_r=1418576412photo-333.png?_r=1418576412photo-333.png?_r=1418576412

Edited by Sloop John B

I must be getting soft in my old age but when I look at these results an image comes to mind of Dugdale sitting alone bawling her eyes out.*

Get oot Kezia before it's too late.

* ignoring the 'phone because she knows it will be her date calling to gloat. :lol:

I must be getting soft in my old age but when I look at these results an image comes to mind of Dugdale sitting alone bawling her eyes out.*

Get oot Kezia before it's too late.

* ignoring the 'phone because she knows it will be her date calling to gloat. :lol:

Hardly conducive to getting his jammy roll.

Rosyth (Fife) by-election result: SNP 45.2% (+9.4) LAB 34.5% (-13.2) CON 9.1% (+3.3) LDEM 3.6% (-3.5) UKIP 3.3% (+0.7) IND 2.5% (+2.5)

Given the dockyard is the main local employer and independence would put a serious question mark over its future, that's an area where Labour would still be expected to be able to win.