Hamilton Academical v Heart of Midlothian, 29/08/2015

I'm not keen on Blue cheese in general but have you tried DolceLatte?

It's got a bit of sweetness to it and the blue isn't as dominant

In a cheese sauce with bacon it goes very well with Gnocchi

No I haven't. I tend to like my bacon US style - burned to ashes and heavily smoked - so the idea of it with blue cheese (however sweet) sauce doesn't appeal much. But I appreciate the recommendation. I like Ali Crawford too.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I haven't. I tend to like my bacon US style - burned to ashes and heavily smoked - so the idea of it with blue cheese (however sweet) sauce doesn't appeal much. But I appreciate the recommendation. I like Ali Crawford too.

Burnt bacon is the best bacon.

You could try chopped Toulouse sausage , fried off with the fat forming the basis off the cheese sauce instead.

Not in the 1st half you didn't. You were rank and as I said if we had shown a little more composure it would have been 3-0 by half time. We should have had a penalty as well.

But you didn't. Your ifs and buts are ultimately as pointless as me saying we would have continued to see the game out comfortably if not for a shocking refereeing decision. You "could" have made a total c**t of your lead/dominance if not for it.

Every side in world football has days where they are poor. It happens.

This is the sort of thing Saints fans posted after the first match of the season against us. Typical reactionary football fan nonsense.

So forgive me if I completely ignore it.

On the money.

You could try chopped Toulouse sausage , fried off with the fat forming the basis off the cheese sauce instead.

I too wonder how this will all work out with Martin Canning.

Now that sounds very nice indeed. I think what with the bacon and the sausages and now the suddenly appealing blue cheese sauce, what was once a contentious red card debate is now a tremendous cheese recipe info-sesh.

I too wonder how this will all work out with Martin Canning.

Now that sounds very nice indeed. I think what with the bacon and the sausages and now the suddenly appealing blue cheese sauce, what was once a contentious red card debate is now a tremendous cheese recipe info-sesh.

It's one thing letting Willie Collum spoil your weekend but if you let him spoil your week then he's won.

I'd suggest a white wine to go with but its going to have to be pretty robust to stand up to the other flavours Riesling would be good if you can find a dry enough one which probably means Alsace

It's one thing letting Willie Collum spoil your weekend but if you let him spoil your week then he's won.

I'd suggest a white wine to go with but its going to have to be pretty robust to stand up to the other flavours Riesling would be good if you can find a dry enough one which probably means Alsace

WTF are you on about?

White wine wi sausages?

It's unconventional I know, and you couldn't do it with just any White. If you were using a seriously blue cheese like a mature Stilton or a Roquefort then even Rosė wouldn't be an option.

It was certainly a fine strike by the Hamilton lad.

A good finish with this meal is going to be tough. I might be tempted to go with a stout, or a hoppy German dark lager. The wine's going to look as out of place as an offside attacker.

It was certainly a fine strike by the Hamilton lad.

A good finish with this meal is going to be tough. I might be tempted to go with a stout, or a hoppy German dark lager. The wine's going to look as out of place as an offside attacker.

Almost as fine as the Falkirk lad's winner last year at Tynecastle

But back on to the subject at hand.

Is there a better cheese than Jarlsberg for melting on Burgers?

Archived