Hamilton Academical v Heart of Midlothian, 29/08/2015

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All good things come to an end. Bounce back with a win against Inverness and we'll gain on at least one of the two teams above us.

Would've been very happy if you'd said to me before the season started that we'd win 5 from 6 so we can't spit the dummy when we lose. Just annoying we shot ourselves in the foot.

Hamilton deserved the win. Need to see the red card again, no sure exactly what happened.

Neither was I. At first I thought MacKinnon might have gone in a bit hard (as well as Paterson) and then it all kicked off from there.

I thought we were on the ropes at times today but also went forward well. Kurakins had an absolute nightmare and could have easily been sent off. I can't really think of an Accies player that really stood out (probably Crawford) but it was a great team performance - Lucas' passion is simply brilliant.

Kurtaj did well to slot the ball under Alexander for our first and Crawford's goal was incredible with his weaker foot. The 3rd goal was a bit of a rammy but Jesus did well to squeeze it in.

Hearts were by no means bad today and were very sharp - especially Juanma in the first half. They'll feel annoyed as they were 2-1 up but didn't deserve to win.

Kurtaj and MacKinnon's misses were horrendous and there was one in the end where Nade (who was brilliant when he came on) took it off Docherty but was offside that was pretty poor but we can laugh them off.

All in all a very pleasing game.

Are the Hearts fans greeting about the ref because he didn't give you a penalty today? :lol:

Nah,we're greeting cause we totally expected to win every single game this seasons obvs!

15 points from a possible 18 in the premiership is still a great start.

Tough.

Absolutely. You've got to keep a sense of perspective, when these wee teams come up to the big league, you're always going to have a few set backs. You boys have done very well indeed, in fact you remind me of when we came back up all these years ago. Don't get downhearted by your first defeat against a battle hardened team of Premiership veterans, you've had a good start to the season and avoiding relegation is still a very real prospect. Remember, Kilmarnock are still in this league (just about)

:)

Absolutely. You've got to keep a sense of perspective, when these wee teams come up to the big league, you're always going to have a few set backs. You boys have done very well indeed, in fact you remind me of when we came back up all these years ago. Don't get downhearted by your first defeat against a battle hardened team of Premiership veterans, you've had a good start to the season and avoiding relegation is still a very real prospect. Remember, Kilmarnock are still in this league (just about)

:)

Thanks, man! :wub:

Could you tickle my tummy now, please? ;)

Can't be too disappointed all things considered. We had a good go, and I'd like to think we'd have seen the game out with 11 men.

Paterson's looked a rouge. It was a rash, two footer from where I was sitting. Collum didn't handle the situation well IMO.

After that Hamilton pressed us really well. We must have given Crawford five cracks at us from distance.

Gives us plenty of food for thought over the international break. Certainly felt we learned more about ourselves losing that game than the five we won before it.

Neither was I. At first I thought MacKinnon might have gone in a bit hard (as well as Paterson) and then it all kicked off from there.

I thought we were on the ropes at times today but also went forward well. Kurakins had an absolute nightmare and could have easily been sent off. I can't really think of an Accies player that really stood out (probably Crawford) but it was a great team performance - Lucas' passion is simply brilliant.

Kurtaj did well to slot the ball under Alexander for our first and Crawford's goal was incredible with his weaker foot. The 3rd goal was a bit of a rammy but Jesus did well to squeeze it in.

Hearts were by no means bad today and were very sharp - especially Juanma in the first half. They'll feel annoyed as they were 2-1 up but didn't deserve to win.

Kurtaj and MacKinnon's misses were horrendous and there was one in the end where Nade (who was brilliant when he came on) took it off Docherty but was offside that was pretty poor but we can laugh them off.

All in all a very pleasing game.

Kurakins was pretty lucky to stay on. Hamilton had by far the best of the chances but I thought we'd snuck away with it at 2-1. Red card obviously the key moment but overall we've had a great start so I'm no going to get my baws in a knot over a defeat at this stage.

Archived