Hamilton Academical v Heart of Midlothian, 29/08/2015

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither was I. At first I thought MacKinnon might have gone in a bit hard (as well as Paterson) and then it all kicked off from there.

I thought we were on the ropes at times today but also went forward well. Kurakins had an absolute nightmare and could have easily been sent off. I can't really think of an Accies player that really stood out (probably Crawford) but it was a great team performance - Lucas' passion is simply brilliant.

Kurtaj did well to slot the ball under Alexander for our first and Crawford's goal was incredible with his weaker foot. The 3rd goal was a bit of a rammy but Jesus did well to squeeze it in.

Hearts were by no means bad today and were very sharp - especially Juanma in the first half. They'll feel annoyed as they were 2-1 up but didn't deserve to win.

Kurtaj and MacKinnon's misses were horrendous and there was one in the end where Nade (who was brilliant when he came on) took it off Docherty but was offside that was pretty poor but we can laugh them off.

All in all a very pleasing game.

Doesn't have one, mate. The weaker foot excuse if for the likes of Steven Fletcher.

Those comments from Neilson are horrifically cringeworthy. Its like the kind of thing Neil Lennon used to get slaughtered for saying as Celtic boss.

The Hearts-Collum paranoia is hilarious. Pretty much every football fan in Scotland hates him. Hearts fans seem to think they're special little snowflakes but the reality is that he's a card happy self-centered prat week-in, week-out regardless of who is playing.

Craig Levein adamant on Twitter that it wasn't a red.

Be interesting to see it again.

Who is Craig Levein? Must be some kind of universally accepted authority on football to merit his mention on here?

Penalty claim in first half? If it's the Juanma one it was outside the box anyway.

Amazing game, not great quality admittedly. We had some great performers and some uncharacteristic poor defending though we were up against a bit more quality. Grant Gillespie was outstanding, even better than wee Ali. Another stunning left footed finish, his best yet. Strachan, hope you are keeping tabs.

We were quite cynical at times, there I've said it. Gillespie committed a very good professional foul, I forget the score at the time, but they were breaking quickly from our attack. Collum got a lot right (although didn't add on enough time, the monkey!) and he actually did us a favour at least twice by not showing a card when the offence definitely merited it. Mackinnon early in the start of the second half was one and he went on to get booked. I think Imrie was another. I expect a lot of moans from their fans about our fouling, can't believe it was only 16, but you know what, I'm glad we've got a bit of hardness about us and hopefully the days of little old Hamilton Accies, pat them on the head, are gone.

Only thing that could top that today would be doing the same to Celtic. Cracking atmosphere and respect to the Jambos for a stunning turnout. If I was a neutral I'd have wanted you to win and I hope you keep up this form and make this season really interesting.

Good fair post, the thing About the challenges you mention is that if they're booked then the pressure is on them for the rest of the game. We weren't at it today and accies made enough chances to deserve a win.

Just seen the highlights, really hard to tell if it was a red card or not because the cameras so far away but it didn't look like a good tackle.

What a strike from Ali Crawford, we'll be lucky to still have him come Tuesday night.

Archived