Dulwich Hamlet will not be televised

• 4 months later...

currently watching ‘em being absolutely arseraped by eastbourne borough in FAC3Q - three down after 25 mins - terrible team and about two dozen fans - clearly the bubble has well and truly burst...

ETA - now down to ten men after a straight red for a hideous two-footed foul on 40 mins - and almost immediately its 4-0...

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:42, Girth said:

I used to watch Hamlet occasionally but the amount of hipsters there is staggering. 

I also used to watch Clapton but the amount of smug c**ts there is astounding. 

It's all about Haringey Borough now. :thumsup2

The Clapton Ultras have all left to form their own club now. Went up to Haringey Borough's stadium for the ConIFA World Cup. Northern Italy smashed Tuvalu. Good wee ground and the social club done a good pint as well.

I've had to give up my anti-South London stance as my missus stays down there and I've grown quite fond of it. See a fair few Dulwich scarves but, annoyingly, usually on a Saturday afternoon when the team are actually playing. Too many middle class minters stoating around Brixton and Peckham in Dulwich scarves and £200 jackets for my liking. I'm accompanying the missus while she gets her shopping in with one headphone in trying my best to ignore her to listen to Open All Mics and these aresholes are playing twenty minutes away but are more concerned with getting their kale and quinoa in for Jocelyn and Jezza coming round for dinner than going to the game. They still wanna wear the scarf to give some hipster, working class veneer to their dreadful lives. Type of c**t who's too scared to go into the Caribbean take away but will get whatever watered down version of jerk chicken Waitrose sell.

51 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Too many middle class minters stoating around Brixton and Peckham in Dulwich scarves and £200 jackets for my liking. I'm accompanying the missus while she gets her shopping in 

Superdry wearer who shops on a Saturday afternoon envy. 

On 06/10/2018 at 17:25, Rab B Nesbit said:

Went along to Imperial Fields last Saturday before going to Stamford Bridge. Enjoyed it. 

Did you get any lorne? 

Used to work in Peckham so watched Dulwich a couple times but never really enjoyed it. Think @AsimButtHitsASix summary of their support is pretty bang on. 

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The fucking state of that dressing room. 

Definitely needs feng shui. Some scatter cushions, a couple of orchids and Dali print would make all the difference. 

24 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Definitely needs feng shui. Some scatter cushions, a couple of orchids and Dali print would make all the difference. 

Sounds like your Saturday afternoon living room set up in front of Jeff and the boys ... :D 

On 10/8/2018 at 10:05, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The Clapton Ultras have all left to form their own club now. Went up to Haringey Borough's stadium for the ConIFA World Cup. Northern Italy smashed Tuvalu. Good wee ground and the social club done a good pint as well.

I've had to give up my anti-South London stance as my missus stays down there and I've grown quite fond of it. See a fair few Dulwich scarves but, annoyingly, usually on a Saturday afternoon when the team are actually playing. Too many middle class minters stoating around Brixton and Peckham in Dulwich scarves and £200 jackets for my liking. I'm accompanying the missus while she gets her shopping in with one headphone in trying my best to ignore her to listen to Open All Mics and these aresholes are playing twenty minutes away but are more concerned with getting their kale and quinoa in for Jocelyn and Jezza coming round for dinner than going to the game. They still wanna wear the scarf to give some hipster, working class veneer to their dreadful lives. Type of c**t who's too scared to go into the Caribbean take away but will get whatever watered down version of jerk chicken Waitrose sell.

You're spot on with your summary here.

Fisher have their own ground now - you given that a visit? 

I want to give Wingate and Finchley a try. 

However, f**k Hashtag United!

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Have they moved now? 

Saw them last year, some backdrop. 

?format=1500w

That Bermondsey mate? Still there. When I saw them years back they were still sharing with Dulwich. 

2 hours ago, Girth said:

You're spot on with your summary here.

Fisher have their own ground now - you given that a visit? 

Nah. Not been to that many grounds down here. Wimbledon's, Walthamstow's, Leyton (RIP)'s and Haringey Borough's. Oh and Wembley

Every year I tell myself I'm gonna do every round of the FA Cup from the 1st prelim onwards to see a few grounds/teams but I never bother my arse. 

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Nah. Not been to that many grounds down here. Wimbledon's, Walthamstow's, Leyton (RIP)'s and Haringey Borough's. Oh and Wembley

Every year I tell myself I'm gonna do every round of the FA Cup from the 1st prelim onwards to see a few grounds/teams but I never bother my arse. 

Orient is good as the bar is excellent. Love AFC Wimbledon. 

QPR = crap.

Millwall = Good fun in the away end, awful in the home end. 

Fulham = nice. 

Still need to hit Brentford.

No one knows how to get to Charlton. 

Fulham, Brentford, Orient, Barnet were all fun grounds to visit in the 1990s when I lived in London. Also went to see non league at Dagenham and Redbridge which I liked, a friendly club, and Hendon in their old Claremont Road ground; think I also saw Welling United once. You could just walk in there other than for the rare "big" game. Bromley's a big open bowl of a ground and the crowd are pretty quiet. Brentford's ground was the booziest with pubs on every corner.

Fisher's not too far from my relatives. Pish level of football but still a fun day out.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Orient is good as the bar is excellent. Love AFC Wimbledon. 

QPR = crap.

Millwall = Good fun in the away end, awful in the home end. 

Fulham = nice. 

Still need to hit Brentford.

No one knows how to get to Charlton. 

National rail from London Bridge to Charlton takes about 20 mins

Couple of decent boozers beside both train stations aswell,however i used to prefer going to Brentford or Fulham