Partick Thistle v Aberdeen

Don't know- bar the past couple of years I'm too scarred by 18-odd years of unadulterated pish to be too optimistic.

Sacrifices to Kingsley would be entertaining thou- who would you see disembowelled first?

There are plenty of candidates on their doorstep, probably be a struggle deciding who to see to first.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be a good game. OK, Thistle haven't had the greatest start, but there's much to like about them, for some reason it is a team who over the summer have gone from confident to nervous. Setup superbly well to take the point from Pittodrie on my birthday, and should have probably taken all three!

Can't see much changing from the team last week. For long periods of the match, we were in control, and we seem to be playing that bit differently this season: aiming for more control of possession and being more patient in our passing and build up. So far, it has paid dividends. With Pawlett and Willo back, that strengthens the bench for later in the game should we need a goal (Pawlett) or to gain more control of possession (Flood).

Tbh, the real reason I'm going to this one is Kingsley.

Reckon it will be 2-0 the Famous, Rooney and McGinn scoring.

Reasonably confident after another decent, but not great, performance against Dundee on Saturday. I'll predict 2-1 the Dons. Rooney and MacLean.

Kinda weird that Dons fans get the old Main Stand at Firhill now. I know it makes sense in terms of numbers and segregation but it's still not quite right.

Reasonably confident after another decent, but not great, performance against Dundee on Saturday. I'll predict 2-1 the Dons. Rooney and MacLean.

Kinda weird that Dons fans get the old Main Stand at Firhill now. I know it makes sense in terms of numbers and segregation but it's still not quite right.

Which Dons player will score an OG for us m9? :huh:

Which Dons player will score an OG for us m9? :huh:

Ash Taylor will give it the big old panicky hoofed clearance from the Dons penalty box, and it'll whack the referee right in the coupon and loop over Ward into the net. Cue much hilarity among both sets of fans.

@Aberdeen fans apparently the bar at the ground is open from 12pm and have Sky/ BT Sports. They've also extended last orders until 2:45pm.

Will Kingsley be making an appearance?

The bar was mentioned on the official site - burger and chips, a drink and a paper hat for less than eight quid. Could be a goer.

Will Kingsley be making an appearance?

The bar was mentioned on the official site - burger and chips, a drink and a paper hat for less than eight quid. Could be a goer.

He certainly is all around the place on match day so there should be a good chance of a visitation from the Sun God, unless Archie has drafted him into the playing squad ;)

Dons fans can buy tickets at a the ground today

Official website also claims it is allocated seating so I await the usual carnage when the stewards deny any knowledge of this, give you the wrong directions then just to tell you to sit where ever

Hearing that Goodwillie missed the team coach this morning because he slept in. I expect him to have another wee snooze on the bench then come on and score the winner.

I hope his late night wasn't too eventful :whistle

When we first came up Aberdeen were good. Last season I thought they were better. I think they are even better again with the signings they've made. Be stunned if we got anything from this, although can see it being a 1, 2-0 cruise job rather than a humping.

@Aberdeen fans apparently the bar at the ground is open from 12pm and have Sky/ BT Sports. They've also extended last orders until 2:45pm.

Clearly the club have been listening to the complaints on WAT and the facebook pages. It's good they are listening but God help the poor club employee that is having to read through all the mince in order to get any genuine feedback about what they can easily improve for the fans.

That's a pretty pleasing line up actually. Surprised that Archie has finally dropped Stevo, the undroppable man.

Only question is what formation we playing with that? Only player I think that can play behind the striker is Lawless, but then who other than McDaid plays on the flanks?

We weren't in the game til the half an hour mark. We still look to slow on the ball. Pogba's been decent though.

Good to see the standard of refereeing is consistent this year. Finnie's a stoater.

Archived