Partick Thistle v Aberdeen

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elliot and Craigen are proving to be a big miss imo.

They were never the most talented of players but they both had a sense of urgency about their games that's sorely lacking at the moment. That urgency is something we've also missed without Stephen O'Donnell.

I dunno how it works at Aberdeen, but usually the sponsor's MOTM is picked by a bunch of pished guys in the hospitality section. In this case they probably decided that McDaid deserved it for wearing boots that you could see from the moon.

I ended up getting a seat at the top table via a poster on .net back in the day. Gerry McNee and Brian Dempsey had booked it and we were asked who we wanted to select for MOTM. I think me and the lad I got the ticket off were the only Thistle fans in the company so we selected Stephen McConalogue solely to piss off my mate who absolutely loathed him 8)

I ended up getting a seat at the top table via a poster on .net back in the day. Gerry McNee and Brian Dempsey had booked it and we were asked who we wanted to select for MOTM. I think me and the lad I got the ticket off were the only Thistle fans in the company so we selected Stephen McConalogue solely to piss off my mate who absolutely loathed him 8)

:lol:

Didn't think we were as bad as some people are saying. Thought McLean and McGinn were pretty good at holding the ball and getting into space, biggest problem was that final balls didn't lead to many clear-cut chances. If I was a Jags fan, I'd be worried about how many times the ball was given away cheaply when a counter-attack could have been mounted. It's a good sign though, that even when we're not at our best we can still grind out results.

A pretty glaring gulf between the teams yesterday for me, most times we entered into potentially threatening positions we were eventually swatted off the ball, with Pogba always having his back to goal. We're badly needing a better quality of wide player than McDaid and Amoo, the latter of which I can't see staying at us past January. We're asking too much of Lawless as a result, where constantly swapping him from left to right and back again seems to be a desperate attempt to spread the influence of our best wide player over the pitch. In an ideal world I'd rather he stayed on the right coming inside to link up with Stevenson/Welsh.

Probably wouldn't have made much difference yesterday though. We were unlucky with the opener which shouldn't have stood and the players were visibly seething afterwards until the second goal killed us off, but you always felt Aberdeen were controlling the pace of the game and would have scored eventually anyway. Just beaten by a better side.

Agree with Menzel in that I do not think we were as bad as some suggested we were. Throughout the match, we retained a comfortable level of control, never once did I think we'd concede and despite the subdued attacking threat in the first half, I was confident we would score and win the match.

We are playing a different style of football this season: not so direct, open and swashbuckling, rather we seem to deliberately playing a game based on better possession and control of the game, thus allowing us to keep tight at the back. The highest compliment I can pay is that we look more like an Ugly Sisters side this season, keeping it tight, controlling games and winning. If we can keep playing with the same control of games, I'll be a happy man.

Felt we were lucky to see the first goal stand yesterday and I would have been seething if I was a Thistle fan. It speaks great volumes of the class of your manager that he conducted himself so professionally during the incident and post match, unlike Hughes and Neilson.

After the opening goal, we relaxed and played some very good stuff, scored the second then shut up shop. Perhaps we gave up too much possession for 15 minutes but it allowed Willo and Parker to get valuable game time with a hectic and heavy month ahead. Robson came on to sharpen and focus the team again, which worked. Thought McLean, AC and Taylor had fine afternoons, Logan looked better and Rooney and Goodwillie both put in decent shifts. Ward did well when called upon.

Thistle sadly looked very toothless going forward. Pogba did his best to try and hold the ball up, but he was hopelessly isolated too often with little midfield support. Bar Lawless, there looked few creative outlets. Seems to be something lacking in the centre of the park that we could control the game and face few attacking ideas in there. Perhaps something that can be rectified in the last two days of the window.

FFS, just seen Alan Archibald's interview on the BBC website.

After the amount of times we have appeared to get dodgy decisions against us, can understand Thistle's frustration.

Would be interesting to know the ref supervisor's report after that inept display from the officials.

The linesman on our side at the main stand was absolutely chronic.

He's talking the truth, unbeliveably.*

* By that I don't mean he's a serial bullshitter acting in an unusual manner, more that the rules seem unbelieveable.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1440974987.361364.jpg

Bonkers innit. Not deliberate, but clearly allows him to score. Chances of us getting that decision against raselliknyraway nil. If something like that happens against hertz, swincastle will explode. About 0.4 of a second after Robblie Neilson.

Again Bucksburn Dandy summed up things well, happy but not delirious about the game, thought Partick weren't half bad

Bonkers innit. Not deliberate, but clearly allows him to score. Chances of us getting that decision against raselliknyraway nil. If something like that happens against hertz, swincastle will explode. About 0.4 of a second after Robblie Neilson.

Again Bucksburn Dandy summed up things well, happy but not delirious about the game, thought Partick weren't half bad

Spot on.

If a player gains an advantage from a handball instigated from the ball coming off his own boot then it's surely not cricket, so to speak?

If a Thistle defender had blootered it against his hand then fair enough.

Archived