Night of Champions 2015

JamieStevenson

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was quite scary seeing Sting collapse the way he did. He is tough as hell for still managing to finish the match, but injuries like that should just mean an immediate stoppage. The show doesn't always have to go on.

That was an enjoyable show overall, the matches were all very good and the right people won. Old man Kane waddling out with the mask for the thousandth time can piss right off though. He and Big Show need to retire asap.

That was quite scary seeing Sting collapse the way he did. He is tough as hell for still managing to finish the match, but injuries like that should just mean an immediate stoppage. The show doesn't always have to go on.

That was an enjoyable show overall, the matches were all very good and the right people won. Old man Kane waddling out with the mask for the thousandth time can piss right off though. He and Big Show need to retire asap.

I did wonder whether it was a work or not. From what's come out after, I assume Rollins was given the nod to finish things quickly rather than risk Sting's health any more. It was a bit of a weak finish, but by the sounds of it, it was completely the right decision. I doubt Sting would have wanted to just can the match, being the old pro he is.

As for the show itself, I'd probably give it 6.5 out of 10. Fairly enjoyable, and I've certainly seen worse, but not too many super high points. New Day were wonderful, as has come to be expected. Owens/Ryback was good. Ziggler/Rusev average. Charlotte/Nikki was a good match considering how bad they usually treat women's matches. The Wyatt's/Part Shield was all about Strowman really, and from that perspective they did an OK job making him look strong. He didn't look as bad an the ring as some made out too.

As for the double main-event, brave decision to put them back-to-back. Was that mentioned anywhere on the pre-show or anything? Thought they would've made more of him having to do that rather than book-ending the show. I think it hindered the quality of the first one, meaning that they were never going to go full out with Rollins in the first one to sacrifice the second. I actually enjoyed the 2nd one more as a bit of pure story. Sting looked pretty good up until the announce table bump. Was that fully planned to happen like that? Usually they don't risk having the monitors there, for obvious reasons. Quite a dangerous spot. Slowed down a bit then, good back and forth, Sting holding his own. Then I assume it was the turnbuckle bump that injured him. Looked pretty nasty, and there definitely did seem something wrong at the time. The way he fell after dodging the clothesline would usually look like perfect selling, but looks horrible now. Hopefully he isn't too badly hurt, but if his career is over, he can be happy with how he ended it.

Archived