Muirkirk

herewegoboys

A lot of Muirkirk's season will depend on if their manager continues to fancy it.

Heard he told the staff he's yet to finish out of the top four as a manager. Hopefully he'll stick with it because the club deserve a boost, even if that's a handful of wins.

Muirkirk will get on fine this season and have done well to assemble such a strong young squad in such a short time.

Thought Kevin Deeney showed what an outstanding player he is, playing out of position he reads the game as well as anyone and marshalled and encouraged the youngsters throughout. The other pensioner in the team Gary Russell did no bad either.

Was at the game and Muirkirk had chances to pull it back but the Darvel keeper had couple of fine saves. Wasnt as easy as Darvel Thought it would be.

Darvel didn't think it would be easy. What a stupid thing to say. As one of the smallest clubs in the league we don't go in to any game thinking it will be easy and certainly not an away tie at Muirkirk, especially after seeing them defeat Kello and draw with Lugar who already have posters suggesting they will get promoted.

A lot of Muirkirk's season will depend on if their manager continues to fancy it.

Heard he told the staff he's yet to finish out of the top four as a manager. Hopefully he'll stick with it because the club deserve a boost, even if that's a handful of wins.

Why say things like this when its not true maybe he is talking about the ardagh league and even at that I find hard to take in. Maybe he has been looking at the tables upside down.

Why say things like this when its not true maybe he is talking about the ardagh league and even at that I find hard to take in. Maybe he has been looking at the tables upside down.

He certainly didn't leave us 4th in the super 1st! Was 7th or 6th I think?

But my question would be more along the lines of why are YOU getting involved,not to sure he'd be happy to know who you are!

Muirkirk will get on fine this season and have done well to assemble such a strong young squad in such a short time.

Thought Kevin Deeney showed what an outstanding player he is, playing out of position he reads the game as well as anyone and marshalled and encouraged the youngsters throughout. The other pensioner in the team Gary Russell did no bad either.

Thanks Neil, I can tell you my legs are feeling it today. I know you don't want to hear this but IMO Darvel are genuine title contenders. You were already a good team and made good signings over the summer and I thought you looked strong in all positions. The most important thing you have is a good squad and with guys like Gilmour and jokey still to come into the fold I think that strength in depth will ensure you'll be there at the end of a long season. Right now at Muirkirk we're a work in progress and I think we'll steadily improve as the season goes on.

Thanks Neil, I can tell you my legs are feeling it today. I know you don't want to hear this but IMO Darvel are genuine title contenders. You were already a good team and made good signings over the summer and I thought you looked strong in all positions. The most important thing you have is a good squad and with guys like Gilmour and jokey still to come into the fold I think that strength in depth will ensure you'll be there at the end of a long season. Right now at Muirkirk we're a work in progress and I think we'll steadily improve as the season goes on.

As you get steadily stiffer and more sore Deeney!! :P:D

As you get steadily stiffer and more sore Deeney!! :P:D

Haha I don't think I need to worry. We've guys coming back into the fold next week and I think my time in the team has come to an end. How are you feeling today?

Archived