Ross C v Falkirk

Gaz FFC

Surely Biscuity's mention should be prefixed by Ex-Bundesliga Wunderkind? :huh:

2/1 to score anytime at the weekend. Free money Staggies?

Difficult to say, we've got Craig Thomson this weekend so anything can and will happen.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe his concentration levels are non existent. I can see why a goalkeeper would get POTY awards at Dumbarton in this league

Any ball into our 18 yard box is a disaster waiting to happen

That makes no sense though. Surely playing for Dumbarton would require more concentration when you're between the sticks, especially last season.

He made a couple of errors whilst he was with us but he commanded his area well, was an excellent shot stopper and his form helped him become the Ireland u21's number 1.

I can only assume it's a confidence issue rather than a concentration issue. He's certainly not a shite keeper as some are making out.

Just to clear up the Falkirk goalkeeper issue. The highlights are up, finally, and he really was helpless for the goals. The Brian Graham header and the De Vita goal might have been saved by a better keeper, but I'm not sure. More pertinently, It's frightening how badly the Falkirk left back played (in his defence,he had nobody helping him, it appears, left midfield)and the right sided centre half was bullied for three of the goals. Numbers 6 and, particularly, 44 looked dreadful.

For three of the goals, County simply ripped Falkirk apart, and there are a couple of excellent finishes.

Really, though, making the keeper the scapegoat is ignoring the problem. If you want to see bad goalkeeping, see the Dundee United highlights.

It's frightening how badly the Falkirk left back played (in his defence,he had nobody helping him, it appears, left midfield)and the right sided centre half was bullied for three of the goals. Numbers 6 and, particularly, 44 looked dreadful.

Leahy (left back) is usually very good, just a bad night for him it seems. Although, it's likely it was Sibbald who was playing left midfield, who shouldn't be playing there in the first place and I wouldn't have any faith he would offer much protection for Leahy. 44 is Watson who is shite & shouldn't be first choice anyway. 6 is Will Vaulks who is a CB that normally plays CM, playing at RB due to injuries. His performances there are hit and miss.

Leahy (left back) is usually very good, just a bad night for him it seems. Although, it's likely it was Sibbald who was playing left midfield, who shouldn't be playing there in the first place and I wouldn't have any faith he would offer much protection for Leahy. 44 is Watson who is shite & shouldn't be first choice anyway. 6 is Will Vaulks who is a CB that normally plays CM, playing at RB due to injuries. His performances there are hit and miss.

That makes a lot of sense, cheers. That said, I only got to see the one minute fifty seconds of highlights on YouTube.. Hopefully the Ross County website will have longer action.

Archived