LEAFA 15/16

SteveThePirate

Of course it matters.

It now means Edinburgh Rose are now 2 points ahead of them with two games to play and Linlithgow are on the same points with the same games played.

It's in Edinburgh Rose's and Linlithgow's hands. Provided Edin Rose beat Fernieside and Linlithgow beat Spartans then the only hope East Linton have is if those two draw on the last day and East Linton have a better disciplinary record than Edin Rose. Or Linlithgow beat Rose on the last day and East Linton have a better disciplinary record than Linlithgow.

If Edinburgh Rose beat Fernieside and Linlithgow then it doesn't matter what East Linton do.

The league being decided on how many yellow cards is a shambles

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East linton to win league imo, theyll beat uni and linlithgow will beat rose and theyll win it on the yellow card rule, shambles!

Caught a couple of East Linton's games this year.  They won but neither was dominant.  In particular they beat Newcraighall vics without a shot on target!  (winner an o.g. header from edge of the area - you had to see it!) and got away with a stone wall penalty shout against them late on.  Anyway,  I'd guess they'll beat the students, who've been sat, mon, wed for three weeks and must be shattered, but the game against south gyle?  Who knows? south gyle can be brilliant or rotten, depending on whether their team turn up!  if its the usual 11, then East Linton will win giving them 44 points  

Linlithgow on the other hand looked magic both times I saw them.  they should win their home game, but I'm unable to give an informed opinion on Edin Rose as I've not seen them this year, but lets assume they win their 2nd last game. Makes them level on points with linlithgow going into the last game.  Either of them win, then they win the league.  a draw and east linton win it on disciplinary records (hmmm...)

So erm, um.  Linlithgow?  But, ach, I dont know.  lol

champ  =  Danderhall.  Seen them three times, incl. twice in the scottish.  Looked very, very strong.  Great work ethic.  Full of fighters and nippy, moany, irritating players.  They can only fail to win the league if they get too many players sent off for arguing with the ref.  If only they would shut up and play football, they'd be so much better.  (wont be at all surprised to see them right up the top of the prem next season.  Got a lot of players that look decent. subs just as strong as starters)  I'll make sure to take in a Danderhall V sandys game next year.  I reckon it'll finish 8 V 8 (players that is, not goals  :) )

Caught a couple of East Linton's games this year.  They won but neither was dominant.  In particular they beat Newcraighall vics without a shot on target!  (winner an o.g. header from edge of the area - you had to see it!) and got away with a stone wall penalty shout against them late on.  Anyway,  I'd guess they'll beat the students, who've been sat, mon, wed for three weeks and must be shattered, but the game against south gyle?  Who knows? south gyle can be brilliant or rotten, depending on whether their team turn up!  if its the usual 11, then East Linton will win giving them 44 points  

Linlithgow on the other hand looked magic both times I saw them.  they should win their home game, but I'm unable to give an informed opinion on Edin Rose as I've not seen them this year, but lets assume they win their 2nd last game. Makes them level on points with linlithgow going into the last game.  Either of them win, then they win the league.  a draw and east linton win it on disciplinary records (hmmm...)

So erm, um.  Linlithgow?  But, ach, I dont know.  lol

champ  =  Danderhall.  Seen them three times, incl. twice in the scottish.  Looked very, very strong.  Great work ethic.  Full of fighters and nippy, moany, irritating players.  They can only fail to win the league if they get too many players sent off for arguing with the ref.  If only they would shut up and play football, they'd be so much better.  (wont be at all surprised to see them right up the top of the prem next season.  Got a lot of players that look decent. subs just as strong as starters)  I'll make sure to take in a Danderhall V sandys game next year.  I reckon it'll finish 8 V 8 (players that is, not goals  :) )

If Edin Rose win their second last game they'd be 2 points ahead of Linlthgow going into the last game meaning a draw might be enough to win them the league providing their discipline is better than East Linton.

I agree that it's a ridiculous way to decide the league. Especially as a lot of refs don't put every booking through.

Danderhall play Edinburgh Rose tonight in the semi of the Challenge Cup. Should be a good game.

If Edin Rose win their second last game they'd be 2 points ahead of Linlthgow going into the last game meaning a draw might be enough to win them the league providing their discipline is better than East Linton.

I agree that it's a ridiculous way to decide the league. Especially as a lot of refs don't put every booking through.

Danderhall play Edinburgh Rose tonight in the semi of the Challenge Cup. Should be a good game.

Right you are!  Cant even read the table correctly.

Hmm.  Looking very hard for Linlithgow to win the league.  Impossible if East linton win their last two Unless East linton get a rake of cautions and sendings off in those games..

So erm um, still no sure  :) but looking like the rose.

I think I head along to tonight and take a look at Edin Rose.  I'll take my ear plugs though as its at Danderhall after all  :lol:

just back from braving the snow storm at Danderhall (yes it snowed heavily for 15 minutes or so at the start of the second half!)

Anyway, I can only assume that half the Rose team was missing as they were cuffed 4-1 by Danderhall this evening.  

Danderhall were simply better all over the park.  They were solid at the back, won most of the 50/50's in midfield and very dangerous up front.  Rose resorted to committing a number of fouls in the first half to try and stop them.  

So, Danderhall scored after 5 mins with a direct free kick from outside the box and again after 30 minutes when the loan striker got a free header in-between 4 defenders in the Rose box.  Seriously though, it could have been 5.  Rose were awful.  

In the second half the Rose tried to exert a bit of pressure but got nowhere near the Danderhall goal until a nice bit of skill got the striker free in the box to slip it past the keeper after 70. 

However, Danderhall were very dangerous on the break and could have scored a bunch.  They did get another on 75 when the rose conceded yet another free kick on the edge of their area and again let a attacker get a free header that bounced over the goalie into the net.

The scoring was finished in stoppage time with another excellent free kick from outside the area into the top corner.

Make no mistake.  This was no fluke, Rose, top of the premiership were spanked long and hard by a championship team.

On a final note the ref.

Much is said about amateur refs on this forum and elsewhere.  The chap tonight was without a doubt the best ref I've seen all season.  He got everything, including the penalty shout in the first half (not a penalty) absolutely spot on.  When ever a decision was to be made, he was right up with play and on the spot. Came under a fair bit of pressure from both sides, and just brushed it off, calmness personified and seemingly without a care in the world. lol

First time I've seen him (I think!).  Got to assume he'll feature in the finals coming up.

just back from braving the snow storm at Danderhall (yes it snowed heavily for 15 minutes or so at the start of the second half!)

Anyway, I can only assume that half the Rose team was missing as they were cuffed 4-1 by Danderhall this evening.

Danderhall were simply better all over the park. They were solid at the back, won most of the 50/50's in midfield and very dangerous up front. Rose resorted to committing a number of fouls in the first half to try and stop them.

So, Danderhall scored after 5 mins with a direct free kick from outside the box and again after 30 minutes when the loan striker got a free header in-between 4 defenders in the Rose box. Seriously though, it could have been 5. Rose were awful.

In the second half the Rose tried to exert a bit of pressure but got nowhere near the Danderhall goal until a nice bit of skill got the striker free in the box to slip it past the keeper after 70.

However, Danderhall were very dangerous on the break and could have scored a bunch. They did get another on 75 when the rose conceded yet another free kick on the edge of their area and again let a attacker get a free header that bounced over the goalie into the net.

The scoring was finished in stoppage time with another excellent free kick from outside the area into the top corner.

Make no mistake. This was no fluke, Rose, top of the premiership were spanked long and hard by a championship team.

On a final note the ref.

Much is said about amateur refs on this forum and elsewhere. The chap tonight was without a doubt the best ref I've seen all season. He got everything, including the penalty shout in the first half (not a penalty) absolutely spot on. When ever a decision was to be made, he was right up with play and on the spot. Came under a fair bit of pressure from both sides, and just brushed it off, calmness personified and seemingly without a care in the world. lol

First time I've seen him (I think!). Got to assume he'll feature in the finals coming up.

I agree about the ref, think he's one of the better ones at amateur level, nice guy too. I think he got the penalty call wrong though, from where I was it sounded like a pen, and in the second half he booked a Danderhall player for what I thought looked a good challenge, but that's nit picking at a performance which doesn't happen all too often with amateur refs.

Danderhall were simply better all over the park. They were solid at the back, won most of the 50/50's in midfield and very dangerous up front. Rose resorted to committing a number of fouls in the first half to try and stop them.

So, Danderhall scored after 5 mins with a direct free kick from outside the box and again after 30 minutes when the loan striker got a free header in-between 4 defenders in the Rose box. Seriously though, it could have been 5. Rose were awful.

However, Danderhall were very dangerous on the break and could have scored a bunch. They did get another on 75 when the rose conceded yet another free kick on the edge of their area and again let a attacker get a free header that bounced over the goalie into the net.

Make no mistake. This was no fluke, Rose, top of the premiership were spanked long and hard by a championship team.

On a final note the ref.

Much is said about amateur refs on this forum and elsewhere. The chap tonight was without a doubt the best ref I've seen all season. He got everything, including the penalty shout in the first half (not a penalty) absolutely spot on. When ever a decision was to be made, he was right up with play and on the spot. Came under a fair bit of pressure from both sides, and just brushed it off, calmness personified and seemingly without a care in the world. lol

First time I've seen him (I think!). Got to assume he'll feature in the finals coming up.

Spot on assessment. Got to agree about the referee he is one of the better ones and a nice guy.

Great win and another final to look forward to.

Have you seen Edinburgh uni play this season oldandaround?

Edinburgh rose again in a quarter final on Saturday for danderhall, hopefully the same outcome 😀

Spot on assessment. Got to agree about the referee he is one of the better ones and a nice guy.

Edinburgh rose again in a quarter final on Saturday for danderhall, hopefully the same outcome 😀

Having some season mate. Great group of lads and top coaches in Eck and Jock. Good to see the midlothian sides come out on top Saturdays and Sundays.

edinburgh uni not as strong as last year man but fit and hard to break down

Having some season mate. Great group of lads and top coaches in Eck and Jock. Good to see the midlothian sides come out on top Saturdays and Sundays.

Cheers mate. Yep always good to see the Midlothian teams doing well. Not many left playing Saturday football now! Hopefully yous can bag another few trophies this season.

Cheers mate. Yep always good to see the Midlothian teams doing well. Not many left playing Saturday football now! Hopefully yous can bag another few trophies this season.

Hopefully mate but up against a quality side on Sunday. Our Saturday team are starting to take shape pity it's 8 months to late but taking Vic Locos the whole way done us the world of good confidence wise

Archived