Kings of Fife v 2nd team in Ayrshire

Didn't Kenny McDowall get pelted with a pie years ago as a St.Mirren sub? Seem to recall that even the St.Mirren bench were in hysterics at that one, and this was pre-Stephens, possibly 007 Catering and their food was God awful so McDowall would have got a sore one.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must have been in about 1988 or so. Deep in winter, Saturday game against Hearts. Pretty much dark at kick off. The floodlights picked out a bottle of wine thrown from the old open away end. It seemed quite full so assumed it must have been pissed in. Didn't hit anyone but I remember thinking Hearts fans must be quite sophisticated, bringing bottles of wine to the football.

See Johnston s still moaning about Moore's tackle, I hope Ayr will be taking this up with The SFA, fanny.

"Their job is to protect the players. It is boys' careers as well and nobody wants to see these types of challenges. The injury to Callum was not even a foul and it was the same with Ryan Williamson's one. It is extremely disappointing when you lose quality young players to poor challenges."

Still so bitter.

Questioned on opponents setting out to deliberately knock Dunfermline off their stride AJ replied:-

"It is hard to say but I don't think so. Look at the results so far this season, okay we have had two defeats but we started the season really well. If that is what they are thinking, it is not really going too well."

• 4 months later...

What vile stuff are you referring to?

I assume it's the fact (as he and other Ayr fans on this weekend's thread deny), he actually made a gif of an Ayr player breaking our captain's leg. Really is shameful to be that proud of such a thing. Horrible thing to make a gif of. No matter how much you dislike a team/player, in a sporting sense, things should never get so personal that he appears to be almost celebrating a career threatening injury. Clearly proud of his team for doing so, if he is posting this. That's incredibly low.

What makes you think it was uploaded for celebrating the injury.

I agree with what you were saying. Such a horrible incident and I also hope that no-one would take pride in it. Would be shameful to do so.

Is it not possible that it was uploaded for people to see and decide wither the challenge was as bad as rumoured. Or if there was any malice involved?

I assume it's the fact (as he and other Ayr fans on this weekend's thread deny), he actually made a gif of an Ayr player breaking our captain's leg. Really is shameful to be that proud of such a thing. Horrible thing to make a gif of. No matter how much you dislike a team/player, in a sporting sense, things should never get so personal that he appears to be almost celebrating a career threatening injury. Clearly proud of his team for doing so, if he is posting this. That's incredibly low.

It's an inadvisable overreaction from someone taking defeat a little too personally. People mess up, sleeping dogs...

Archived