Albion Rovers v Airdrie

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keeper was also at fault for the first goal. If he'd stayed on his line the defender was more or less goal side of Morgan and he wouldn't have had much chance of getting a clear shot off, even if he had the keeper would have been in a good position to save it. Completely sold himself.

At the time I didn't think either goal really 'looked right', especially the second but from the far end it was difficult to tell. Highlights explain both.

Parry "bloody calamitous"? Apart from his game changing world class save! Ross Stewart was ok, one top save, blameless for goals, though some of your fans seem keen to blame him on the forum.

Parry did make some outstanding saves. His inability to successfully deliver a goal kick anywhere within an area of almost 8,000 square yards is certainly not outstanding.

Highlight for me was the reaction of the lone steward who raced up to confront the Airdrie fan who jumped onto the pitch after the first goal. His reaction at trying to have said fan identified and ejected was priceless, and led to the steward being led away for a wee cup of tea and a calm down!

6007605393_cb36f06e3c_z.jpg

IT WUZ HIM!!!!

Not sure how anyone can say our keeper wasnt to blame for the 2 goals. He runs out like a headless chicken for the first goal then moves at a snails pace for the 2nd goal.

1st half we played some nice football and with a wee bit of luck could have scored 1 or 2.

2nd half other than our goal, in my opinion Airdrie were in control of the game. We appeared to be running on empty after 50mins and the 3rd goal for Airdrie showed that. The Airdrie midfield ran all over ours. Big wake up call to our midfield pairing of Young and Davidson.

Overall, Airdrie deserved the win. Better players who were much fitter than ours.

How the feck is it the keepers fault? Look at the useless no6's positioning at our first? To be outpaced and outfought by Taylor notSwift is laughable. Where are the 2 fullbacks, Cox is completely unmarked too? Sorry, how can the goalie be at fault?

For the 2nd, the hopeless no 6 is again easy beaten, the goalie reads that the left back can make a clearance then doesn't, allowing the ball to squirm away.

As an outsider you can blame who you want but trust me that your defence need to get themselves a lot better organised and the goalie is the least of your worries.

Archived