William Hill Scottish Cup draw

A.M

Talbot and Meadow were both new clubs at one point as well.

Most of the ADL sides have no support and pretty much exist to make up the numbers. Would you be in favour of never playing any of them again?

Nope and none of them will feel the need to try and play in SFL2 with 50-60 fans.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would we want to play against Uni clubs and clubs that didn't exsist 5 years ago instead of proper clubs like Meadow and Talbot?

Are you seriously trying to tell me that Talbot wouldn't finish at worst 2nd in that league?

Clubs like BSC play in Junior grounds in front of 50 fans.

How would we make any money playing in that set up?

What a fucking moron you are. How about stopping being such a seething mess just because i posted and actually read what i have said.

Junior thicko c**t

More like a half pint glass

They'd be utter diddies in the senior set up,

Population of 3500 looool

There's a team in the top level in Germany whos population isn't much higher than that.

What has population got to do with anything?

Gretna played in the SPL with a population of 2705.

I believe that is higher than your club have or ever will reach.

What a fucking moron you are. How about stopping being such a seething mess just because i posted and actually read what i have said.

Junior thicko c**t

You are showing yourself up there with that my thick senior friend.

Dingwall population of Ross County ( who are a far better team than the one you support and play at a higher level) has a population of just over 5000. Their average attendance is 3000.

Arbroath!! Population 23,000. Average attendance 700.

Says it all really.

Why do so many people choose to live in arbroath?

Dingwall population of Ross County ( who are a far better team than the one you support and play at a higher level) has a population of just over 5000. Their average attendance is 3000.

Says it all really.

He'll have a good excuse for why such a small percentage of their town bother coming.

Says it all really.

Actually it doesn't - the clue of course, being the 'County' part of Ross County's name. The club's catchment area takes in the much wider Rosshire area and those who have since moved to the bustling metropolis of... erm, Inverness. Anyone who dredges up the hamlet of Dingwall's population as being somehow relevant to the team's fanbase simply highlights their ignorance, nothing more.

The post in question was comparing Arbroath's supposedly poor attendances to Ross County. Auchinleck wasn't being discussed at all, nor in my responding post.

So yep - for someone railing against 'thick senior posters' you've certainly made a complete and utter c**t of yourself there. Thanks for playing anyway champ.

The Highland League is a better league than yours.

Don't even see any of your lot win a play off nevermind actually get promoted.

Are you telling me Auchinleck are unambitious?

Doesn't matter what the pyramid system is teams in your league will always be in the bottom rung.

Why are you so angry all the time? You sound like an Old Firm fan with your perceived aloofness about Beiths position in the game.

Why are you so angry all the time? You sound like an Old Firm fan with your perceived aloofness about Beiths position in the game.

Not Beith's position butore the way Junior football is looked down upon by clubs who have a strange idea of their place.

On the subject of the "junior" element, I see another random post has popped into the Scottish Juniors Facebook page advertising spaces available for kids at football events down south. That's not the first time the page has had that sort of stuff posted on it in recent months despite it appearing rather obvious to the trained observer that it's about adult football.

Why should Junior football not be looked down upon? It's chronically underfunded, it can't deliver fixture lists, won't allow the use of floodlights without "permission", allows clubs to opt out of playing on a Saturday in September and kids on that it's miles better than it is. Attendances are largely woeful with the exception of a handful out of 160 clubs. Facilities are generally dreadful and the vast majority would struggle to deliver the criteria for Entry level club licensing because they couldn't get those facilities and their community engagement lined up. And yet it's not that difficult. I was sorely disappointed by the set up at Banks o' Dee when we played up there last season but at least there was evidence of work going on to improve the place and obviously they had their ducks lined up in respect of the off field stuff. Further south, clubs are spending way too much on wages at the expense of other necessities.

The Lowland League is not the league it could be - not by a long shot. But it's the league it is because the Juniors are determined that it simply costs too much to make the adjustments that would be needed (£150k toilets anyone?). Junior football is dying on its arse and when it goes the people to blame will be those who wouldn't change.

I've long since reached the stage where I'd be as happy in the Lowland League as I would in the East Superleague. Most of our opponents bring their committee plus a few to Prestonfield. I don't think I'd see any significant difference between a visit fro Gretna and one from Hill of Beath for example. The Bo'ness game and maybe a couple of others are still worth an atmosphere. That and the occasional Junior Cup tie against one of the better supported West teams.

I'd love the opportunity to be in an environment striving for SPFL2.

Not Beith's position butore the way Junior football is looked down upon by clubs who have a strange idea of their place.

You've given a very strong perception that Beith are better than university football teams because they're "traditional". Just to be clear, Beith, Linlithgow Rose, Auchinleck Talbot and their ilk are way down the pecking order from the likes of Arbroath, East Fife or clubs at that level and are in no better a position than any of the LL clubs who have done what is necessary to demonstrate a lot of progress in a short space of time. If BSC continue to improve their all round product at the pace they've shown in their first couple of seasons then they'll not be long in cementing their position as an integral part of the game at non league level. Frankly I disagreed completely with their election to the LL (and still do) but they've made a decent fist of it just the same.

Archived