William Hill Scottish Cup draw

A.M

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£10 is a rip off. Plain and simple

Agreed. We charged £12 against Raith Rovers last season which is at least in line with what you might expect in round 3 against a championship club. £10 for a game between teams at this level is taking the piss. £7 or £8 tops would be about right.

Agreed. We charged £12 against Raith Rovers last season which is at least in line with what you might expect in round 3 against a championship club. £10 for a game between teams at this level is taking the piss. £7 or £8 tops would be about right.

My Lithgie chum, given you guys now have a ground licence, what is the capacity? Just incase we get you in the next round should we progress.

£10 is a rip off. Plain and simple

It's a rip off in terms of what you pay for week to week games at mon league level in the central belt. Believe that a good few highland league teams charge around this mark every week.

It's all relative though- if the game is a classic and great entertainment then you're getting your money's worth and it's far better value than other forms of entertainment for that price.

I've been to many a game for less than a fiver that's been rank rotten and not worth it at all.

It's a rip off in terms of what you pay for week to week games at mon league level in the central belt. Believe that a good few highland league teams charge around this mark every week.

It's all relative though- if the game is a classic and great entertainment then you're getting your money's worth and it's far better value than other forms of entertainment for that price.

I've been to many a game for less than a fiver that's been rank rotten and not worth it at all.

Obviously you don't frequent the same house of ill repute as I do. :)

My Lithgie chum, given you guys now have a ground licence, what is the capacity? Just incase we get you in the next round should we progress.

No idea but plenty enough. We didn't make the Raith game all ticket and there were 2500 at that.

DIsappointed to hear 2000 Talbot fans will be locked out of their game, in with a decent shot at a cupset as well.

I`d like to win this tie and draw ayr at home in the next round.

correct me if am wrong.if ayr get 20% of their average gate,

THATS NOT A LOT. :)

While a tenner for this game,plus travel costs, will be more than many families can easily afford,I doubt there will be many complaints from regular supporters who will realise the value for money they have had week in week out for years with the quality of both football and facilities increasing season by season.

I don't think the price is that bad in all honesty. You're paying for the occasion as well as the game. It's a special thing watching your junior team compete in the senior cup (especially when you are considered favourites).

It's only £4 dearer than a normal match, and both clubs will make a bit of money from it as well.

As for the Talbot match, I have never watched BSC so can't comment on how good or otherwise they are. But Talbot's game is based on squeezing the opposition and not giving them a minute on the ball and most junior pitches are small enough to allow them to do that effectively. It could be an interesting one.

While a tenner for this game,plus travel costs, will be more than many families can easily afford,I doubt there will be many complaints from regular supporters who will realise the value for money they have had week in week out for years with the quality of both football and facilities increasing season by season.

Fully agree with this. Junior football has been such good value that the odd special match should be more easily absorbed. Regular fans won't blink an eye.

I`d like to win this tie and draw ayr at home in the next round.

correct me if am wrong.if ayr get 20% of their average gate,

THATS NOT A LOT. :)

Not sure why you would want to get skelped

Archived