William Hill Scottish Cup draw

A.M

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to belittle Edinburgh City's result that day, but with ten men Talbot dominated possession completely second half, City happy to push everyone behind the ball and make use of the farce that is Meadowbank as a football venue with the ball being out of play half of the time. As far as the lowland league is concerned, City were sitting top eventually winning, their social club was populated 99% by Talbot fans as was the stadium, but the club are desperate to step up. City couldn't put out a Highland Team who made it plain they never wanted promotion to the big leagues anyway. We will see what happens on the 26th. Can't see Talbot taking this lightly like last year.

Edinburgh City had a game plan to stifle Talbot. They outwitted us and won. I thought they had Talbot in their pocket after the 60 mins mark we never looked like scoring.

It shows that teams in other leagues play a style than can beat other teams and vice versa.

But as I said before Talbot aren't no bottlers or one hit wonders.

We can and will compete with the best.

Guys....Auchinleck will clearly be the favourites to beat BSC Glasgow in this cup tie.....and in terms of their history and support are clearly a much bigger club. I am genuinely excited by the prospect of facing them on the 26th and just hope we can put on a good performance on the day. We do however have some pride and dignity about ourselves and some of the stuff on here is disrespectful....we will give Tucker, his players and everyone associated with ATFC a warm welcome on the day and do our best to represent our league as well as we can.....it's just a game folks, but one that I can assure you we will do our utmost to win.

I would like to apologise on behalf of Auchinleck Talbot FC and my fellow supporters if we have shown any disrespect towards your club on this forum.

I'm sure that everyone at Talbot has nothing but respect for other clubs and their supporters and we wish you well except against us.

Can you clarify if the match is an all ticket affair please.

As an aside from the earlier comment, can I ask if you hold a position of authority within Talbot which allows you to apologise on behalf of the club?

I would like to apologise on behalf of Auchinleck Talbot FC and my fellow supporters if we have shown any disrespect towards your club on this forum.

I'm sure that everyone at Talbot has nothing but respect for other clubs and their supporters and we wish you well except against us.

Can you clarify if the match is an all ticket affair please.

I don't. :)

It Is definitely an all ticket game....we took advice from the police and SFA and we think this is the best way forward....I know everyone will not be happy but we have to make sure every perst is safe and enjoy the day.....I hope this answer your questions Quantum...I don't offend easy mate, but just thought one or two were trying to belittle us.....it's a interesting cup tie we are really excited about and don't want it soured for us.

It Is definitely an all ticket game....we took advice from the police and SFA and we think this is the best way forward....I know everyone will not be happy but we have to make sure every perst is safe and enjoy the day.....I hope this answer your questions Quantum...I don't offend easy mate, but just thought one or two were trying to belittle us.....it's a interesting cup tie we are really excited about and don't want it soured for us.

Craig is that game at Maryhill ? If so then it has regularly held many more than 600 for cup finals etc. A wee bit of work on the social club side would see the capacity increase to over a 1000 no bother

Craig is that game at Maryhill ? If so then it has regularly held many more than 600 for cup finals etc. A wee bit of work on the social club side would see the capacity increase to over a 1000 no bother

Yeah, you’re right – at the Bankies v Pollok final a couple of years back it held about about 1100 with no problems, and that was actually after the far end was closed off!

What the SFA seemed to have taken into account for the licensing however is the amount who can get under cover in the shed, hence the low and oddly specific figure of 560.

From what I can gather, even if the seated end was opened to supporters it would make no difference to the capacity, as it’s predicated on the amount of cover.

Yeah, you’re right – at the Bankies v Pollok final a couple of years back it held about about 1100 with no problems, and that was actually after the far end was closed off!

What the SFA seemed to have taken into account for the licensing however is the amount who can get under cover in the shed, hence the low and oddly specific figure of 560.

From what I can gather, even if the seated end was opened to supporters it would make no difference to the capacity, as it’s predicated on the amount of cover.

I can't see that being the case, plenty of clubs have a designated capacity well above what they can provide under cover. I also believe it isnt the sfa that have created the figure.

If its correct that opening the far end wouldn't change the capacity then its clearly not space that is the reason for the figure, its most likely other factors , such as exit/entry routes or most likely toilets.

Not sure on the reasoning but I'd imagine it can't just be down to how many can fit in the shelter. If so the capacity of all LŁ teams would be greatly reduced barring city, stirling and colts.

Its a shame folk may miss out on the game but I don't blame BSC for keeping the game at Lochburn Park, no-one can blame the home team for wanting to keep home advantage, wont be the first and wont be the last time folk miss out because of a game being all ticket due to a low capacity.

Looking forward to the visit of Talbot to BSC Glasgow.....very tough game for us against a side who have been the benchmark for non-league football for years.....really excited for everyone at our club , should be a great day.

Is former Glenafton striker Arron Connolly with you guys now and if so how's he doing ?

Cover isn't the factor in deciding ground capacity at LL level, or with regards to licensing. Various clubs in HL and LL only have small covered stands... indeed at BSCG and Vale of Leithen there are no covered seats (Vale do intend to fit them)... but capacities into the thousands. Dedicated certification for UK stands is only required if they hold over 500, otherwise it's just covered by general capacity issued by the local authority. Incidentally that is why a number of clubs set their seated stands for 450 or 495 and so on.

Deciding the capacity falls upon the council:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2015/2015%20Club%20Licensing%20Manual%20-%20Parts%201%20&%202.pdf

Spectator areas

Refers to the areas where spectators are accommodated during the match and includes - the available capacity - the number of seated and standing places available - the available level of cover - the documented capacity should be updated annually either by means of the Safety Certificate or other appropriate documentation provided by the Local Authority.

Entry

- there may be seats and standing places available

- minimum level of capacity is 100 covered places

- the club will be responsible for documenting and agreeing the capacity with the local authority having taken into account the contents of Section 2 of the Green Guide. This may include a normal operating capacity and a maximum capacity.

- the capacity figure should take account of the toilet provision

Section 2 of the Green Guide itself considers:

http://safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/green-guide.pdf

- the entry capacity

- the holding capacity

- the exit capacity

- the emergency evacuation capacity

If Lochburn has been limited to 560, it must surely be due to part of the ground being shut or unsafe; something by way of facilities or entrances/emergency exits only being able to safely cope with that number; or similar.

Cover isn't the factor in deciding ground capacity at LL level, or with regards to licensing. Various clubs in HL and LL only have small covered stands... indeed at BSCG and Vale of Leithen there are no covered seats (Vale do intend to fit them)... but capacities into the thousands. Dedicated certification for UK stands is only required if they hold over 500, otherwise it's just covered by general capacity issued by the local authority. Incidentally that is why a number of clubs set their seated stands for 450 or 495 and so on.

Deciding the capacity falls upon the council:

Section 2 of the Green Guide itself considers:

If Lochburn has been limited to 560, it must surely be due to part of the ground being shut or unsafe; something by way of facilities or entrances/emergency exits only being able to safely cope with that number; or similar.

I tried to make head or tail of that - it's a brutal read. Looking through it though, the lack of crush barriers may have been an issue, as it states (I think!) that people shouldn't be any more than four deep without them. Perhaps they've just worked how many can stand around the perimeter around the three sides that are open to the public and multiplied by four?!

Who knows? It looks like it's just one of the downsides of the increased governance for the "big" Scottish. As I said earlier, twice that amount were accommodated fairly easily just two years ago, and when the far end was still open a while ago, we played a Scottish QF against Ladeside which attracted a crowd of about 1600 with room to spare...

Archived